Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I get sick of Diablo style games quick, but that dude is really selling me on POE2. I love isometric games but the whole looty diablo style click to win gameplay is so boring to me. I've always wanted to play one with maybe less enemies and more focus on dodging and blocking so if that's what they are going for with POE2 I'm gonna check it out for sure.

You might like No Rest for the Wicked https://store.steampowered.com/app/1371980/No_Rest_for_the_Wicked/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Phil must have felt bad for Sony, had to throw em a bone

https://x.com/tomwarren/status/1774160210984087589?s=46

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

kri kri posted:

Could you imagine trying to be polite to this guy at a party when he starts talking about games and you're like "oh my friend showed me hi-fi rush it was cute" and then he goes on about the shadow rendering making the PS5 the superior option?

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

What makes you think anyone at DF would ever go to a party

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

SCheeseman posted:

What makes you think anyone at DF would ever go to a party

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Richard Ledbetter is ftw but the other dudes are mega dweebs

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

and this had nothing to do with hardware power, because the PC has the same max quality shadows as the Series X version.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

nm I see it now

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Look at the shadow of the chain link fence or grate or whatever

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I shan’t be doing that

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

someone send American mcgay ten dollars

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

for real, we need to bring him back to keep this thread humble again.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

kri kri posted:

Of all the devs to worship the golden calf of Lazy, it was one of our own

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
anyone try Open Roads yet?

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Lammasu posted:

anyone try Open Roads yet?

I have it installed but haven't started yet, too busy playing Dragons game.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Is there a non dev mode way to play emulators anymore. I'm having an urge play Uncharted Waters: New Horizons (Snes) but on my tv and not a PC

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I had to go to the Leper Colony but lmao

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

Seltzer posted:

Is there a non dev mode way to play emulators anymore. I'm having an urge play Uncharted Waters: New Horizons (Snes) but on my tv and not a PC

Other than in the web browser, no.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Seltzer posted:

nope, but buying an Optiplex Mini off of eBay for $30, an 8bitdo Ultimate Controller, and installing Batocera is better in every way anyway

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

This thread literally only just got bearable don’t gently caress it up!!!!

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Escobarbarian posted:

What did he even do?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Lammasu posted:

What did he even do?

Posting skill issue
Lazy mods
No longer works on his machine, op

Take your pick

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Escobarbarian posted:

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1774285493447901380?t=_mL739MuYKrjsf-yGHEjGw&s=19

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Anyone have an issue with their xbox controller, whatever the design lab controller is (not the elite version), intermittently losing signal while connected to PC? Like it would be for ~5s in the middle of a game. It doesn't seem to be the bluetooth dongle since I tried hooking it up to a music device and that works fine.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.

veni veni veni posted:

I get sick of Diablo style games quick, but that dude is really selling me on POE2. I love isometric games but the whole looty diablo style click to win gameplay is so boring to me. I've always wanted to play one with maybe less enemies and more focus on dodging and blocking so if that's what they are going for with POE2 I'm gonna check it out for sure.

Midnight fight is top down Sifu with guns. Even has a parry. Skill trees. Different dodges. Guns have one clip and then tossed. Graphics remind me of those n64 wrestling games.

Ruiner also immediately comes to mind. Game is hard as gently caress at some spots though warning. Guns you pick up are one clip only; there is a flamethrower. You get an infinity bullet hand gun that you can upgrade at heavy cost to lose out on other skills. Dodge mechanic is emphasized. Skill tree is deep. Graphics look like cyberpunks main inspiration. Zoomed in isometric.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Chill la Chill posted:

Anyone have an issue with their xbox controller, whatever the design lab controller is (not the elite version), intermittently losing signal while connected to PC? Like it would be for ~5s in the middle of a game. It doesn't seem to be the bluetooth dongle since I tried hooking it up to a music device and that works fine.

get the microsoft dongle

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Even with the official™ dongle I had problems with the controller losing signal at random intervals.

Turns out I really needed to pair the two again, since it had been quite a while since I last used it on PC.

Then several weeks later the Play & Charge Kit battery suddenly died and so now I'm just using it wired. Replaced that USB to USB-C cable that came with it tho, since that lengthy chap was clearly made for living room use. All good once again in the hood.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

nope, but buying an Optiplex Mini off of eBay for $30, an 8bitdo Ultimate Controller, and installing Batocera is better in every way anyway

This seems worse in many ways

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Where the hell is my Fable.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Seltzer posted:

Just pay the $20 dev mode tax and live free.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Chill la Chill posted:

Bluetooth is a less reliable and secondary alternative to the official dongle, which doesn't use Bluetooth. So, if you have problems, get the Microsoft dongle or use a USB cable.

Zat fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Mar 31, 2024

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Imagine using a usb cable on your controller in 2024.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

This seems worse in many ways

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

My controller is infrared and i have to hold it 1mm from the console

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

kri kri posted:

Imagine using a usb cable on your controller in 2024.

Everyone should have at least one for playing FGs

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Thanks a lot for the help. People elsewhere were telling me to use bluetooh since I was thinking of getting the dongle and welp looks like I was right all along

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Seltzer posted:

Everyone should have at least one for playing FGs

What is FGs

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

kri kri posted:

What is FGs

Fightin' games, one would assume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Ryoga posted:

Just pay the $20 dev mode tax and live free.

I've been using my Steam Deck for emulation but I want to try it out on my Series X as well.

Anything I should be mindful of before doing so? Or is it all safe enough.