Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

veni veni veni posted:

3. Why is there a bunch of stuff on my list of owned games that I never bought? I think my Gold membership lapsed maybe a month after PS4 came out and that was very shortly after they started the free monthly games. I have Master Chief collection, Watch_Dogs, Some Assassins Creed games, Dead Rising, Gears...then a handful of stuff I've never even heard of and more. And it appears I own them outright, except gears which is some sort of "play now buy later" thing. I'm not complaining, but it doesn't make any sense. All in all theres probably 15 games I never bought in my on demand list. The system was wiped and I used my old login, so it wouldn't be related to the previous owner I don't think? Did MS just give some poo poo out for free while I wasn't using my account? The whole thing is really weird. Hope I didn't get hacked at some point.

are you sure they havent been charging you this whole time? in the past theyve been known to keep charging people even if they get new cards until they explicitly call to cancel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

When I increase the resolution on my PC games, the amount of STUFF I can see increases (this is what "fov" is, right?), like, I can see a wider amount of the map.

The FOV doesn't change in my XB1 games when I toggle between 720 and 1080P.

Seems like the XbonX is just going to make it so I can buy a 4K TV and not worry about my games actually looking worse?

sounds right

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

rip

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah. But they were trying to make it mandatory and the main selling point back at launch, so it's kind of funny that they have said "gently caress it" to that degree.

wait till you get a load of the ram

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Someone must have that gif from the sharktank thread whenever controller chat came up

i got you

HyperPuma fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jul 22, 2017

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

Figured since my Xbonx has only gotten about an hour of use in the 2 months I've had it,I better go buy something for it I can't play on PS4 so I grabbed Quantum Break and...this game is way better than I expected. I really didn't hear anything but mediocre things about it, but it's super entertaining. Graphics are phenomenal, shooting feels nice and crunchy and the story is super fun so far. I even like the cheesy TV episodes in between. Seems like a winner so far.

i like time travel stuff so i actually enjoyed quantum break, but as the game goes on you are fighting enemies that are invulnerable to your cooler powers so it kinda becomes a slog.

also theres extended sections that are just walking around reading journals which probably rubbed some people the wrong way

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

:chloe:

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

Beastie posted:

I figure they are bots as most ignore my taunts and keep spitting out a pretty obvious script. Must have something to do with Live being able to work on Windows. I get about 5-7 a week. All of them pretend to be women and then invite you to a cam site.

lol

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

its like 10 hours lol

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

I can't believe Halo is a 100gb download.

lots of things about the xbox one are unbelievable

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

i had a lot of trouble with that fight too for the same reason of not being able to tell wtf was happening and got super sick of watching the cutscene over and over

luckily i was on pc and just turned on invincibility

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

would you say that gaming on xbox one is what people like you do

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

I'm with you man. I prefer the convenience of console gaming and don't care about the extra performance I'd get from PC. But the guy everyone was initially responding to said he had a decent PC and preferred playing on that and he also has a PS4, and just bought the Xbox for exclusives...which there are virtually none.

xbonx

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

xbox one been dead for years

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

To some degree I'd guess they are hoping to take some of the non-exclusive market away from Sony. Like, touting a higher frame rate or whatever to get people who own both to play on Xbonx, because afaik nearly every multiplayer game has a larger PS4 than Xbox install base atm.

so far it seems none of the multiplats are actually going to a higher framerate than ps4pro though, just marginally higher resolutions

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

*adjusts nerd glasses* ACTUALLY, Cuphead is available on Windows computers, but for the purposes of this highly pedantic argument, we will ignore that the Xbox runs on a version of Windows (which makes the Play Anywhere initiative easy - and therefore profitable - to do) and that all Xboxes are technically Windows gaming PCs no matter how much it triggers optimacy OCD in some nerds.

It's not a TRUE exclusive, and therefore let me justify my existing opinions with that.

In closing, something about Bloodbourne or The Last Of Us or Uncharted or something who cares.

*furiously resumes watching Digital Foundry*

nice meltdown

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

you only have 2 games?

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

Adaptabullshit posted:

https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/games/gears-of-war-4/xbox-one-x-enhanced

Good thing I held off on Gears of War 4 until the X comes out, these enhancements sound awesome.

lmao

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

sorry youre bad at computer, enjoy your xbonx

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

spasticColon posted:

Which games will the XbonX be able to run at 4K60 besides that Forza racing game? It's GPU is about on par with my GTX1070 and yet it can only run older and less demanding games at 4K60.

the xbonx is 40% more powerful than competing consoles. now youre truly playing with power

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

sad

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

*boots up halo the master chief collection*

agreed

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

i heard the xbonx pixels are sub-quality

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

Syrinxx posted:

Spencer says Microsoft will be focusing on Xbone exclusives going forward by creating or buying studios. I'm sure this will be cool when it comes to fruition in 7-10 years

making games?

a bold new direction from visionary phil spencer

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

so what games are everyone playing on their xbonx

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

Le Saboteur posted:

Is there a way to tell if 4K assets have been installed? Or do they just install by default? AC Origins install size doesn't seem much different from its regular size on my old Xbox One.

surely you can tell by the pixels

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

well yeah a dvd is useless at this point, but i think theres still a market for 4k bluray

its very niche though

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

TheScott2K posted:

I still feel think anamorphic DVDs played via HDMI look fine. Don't tell anyone.

a true xboner

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

i already played those games 10 years ago

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

e; misread

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

:thunk:

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

ive got bad news for you

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

lootboxes 40% more powerful than any other console game

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

when will assassins creed and ubisoft get their fair shot smdh

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

Blind Rasputin posted:

I love it. I had a one S and liked the upgrade on that one a lot, but it felt very incremental. The X makes games scream, and on a good 4K tv the enhanced games are just really, really good. I think like I said above, the ones like Halo 5 that got 4K 60fps is an experience I haven’t had on a console ever before.

Netflix and Hulu and all the other 4K streaming services, and the blue ray player, are just a big plus.

Maybe one of the biggest things is that the UI finally feels right. The console is fast enough to make the UI super smooth, and it just finally feels the way it was probably always meant to feel.

It’s definitely worth the money.

lmao

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

:yikes:

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKFKSDudWIE

:whitewater:

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

so its a grindy loot game but the only rewards are cosmetic items and "reputation"?

ok

good job with the graphics upgrade though

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

indeed