Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

500 is a good price...to not sell xbox 1x at

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ultrachrist posted:

Can someone please, using only facts and no hyperbolic comedy tricks, give me the most optimistic but actually possible take on why it would be beneficial to buy the XboneX?

to win a bet

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

spudsbuckley posted:

This is actually a documentary about the history of the Xbox One so far.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

No age of empires remastered? Or is that pc only?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

X as a consonant = k+s so this should have been clear

The x is the s but with all those k's

Duh

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Certainly nothing to spend three 8000 page threads on though right? Nothing is that funny.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

Gotta say it's kind of fun playing fallout with actual mods since PS4 doesn't let almost anything through. Especially as a life long console dude. Is Skyrim the same deal on Xbox?

They let more stuff through but its real easy to crash the game from what i heard

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TWIST FIST posted:

every once in a while i see this thread and im reminded that the xbox has the right kind of ram now and it makes me really happy

Xbox has had good, believable ram for 16 years but thanks for reminder

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

What's the difference between State of Decay for Xbone and 360?

Probably the dlc?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Empress Brosephine posted:

I picked up killer instinct on that Xbox sale and is it just me or is this game unnecessarily complex and kind of shite

Visually yes. Mechanically its ok

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Get an xbox they need the help

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Monday_ posted:

Because the PS4 controller is awful

Its real nice. Both are fine

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Remedy opted out of a decade long publishing partnership with ms after QB.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

So, I'll probably finish up Quantum break this weekend. Whats another exclusive worth busting out?

How are Halo 5 and Gears 4?
Other stuff I might try are Ori and the Blind forest and Recore.

Ori is good
Recore is an unfinished mess
Halo 5/gears 4 are more of those games.
Dead rising 3/4 are sucky versions of dead rising
Rare replay is good value
Ryse is launch window filler
Sunset overdrive is ok

Cant think if anymore games rn except forza

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They wont give knack for years cause its too funny still

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Halo 6 campaign is going to be really embarrassing

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They wont

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

This is the best year for games in like 10 years

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Blind Rasputin posted:

If I have an Xbox and will definitely buy the xbox one x, is it worth getting a ps4 for the exclusive games like horizon zero dawn and uncharted and all? I probably wouldn't even use it for anything but games. The Xbox one x has good games coming out for it right?

Ps4 has good games but why bother when you got a 499 console refresh coming in hot

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I still prefer xboxox

And I'm glad this thing sold out when I was out of country this weekend because I might have been tempted to pre-order even though I have a new PC with every good xbox game on it already.

Still hoping it does well because I am a tech whore and want consoles to keep up.

They wont keep up, none of them actually care about performance specs

The x is continuing the jaguar cpu line that keeps most games locked at 30 fps.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Chris Christie posted:

EDIT: Lords of the Fallen was $9. What the hell why not.

Cause its the worst game in its genre?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

limaCAT posted:

Wait for Shadow Puppet to come back in games to make people angry just by posting pictures of unsold day one borpio pallets

He ate too many cheesesteaks and had to molt into a large insectoid form that most retailers wouldn't welcome into their stores so he'll have to just lift gis pictures this time around

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Another toxic gamer removed from the ecosystem.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Beastie posted:

It doesn't go down as much as PSN

How prudish

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

univbee's absolutely-not-from-personal-experience-I-swear guide to hiding your Bonx purchase from the wife, because pre-ordering a Bonx is THAT embarassing and also grounds for divorce in over 210 countries

This assumes your wife is looking at line items on your CC statement but not TOO closely to know that things are more expensive than usual.

This should work with Amazon, may work with other stores that have gift cards, those may require you manually get a store rep to intervene and apply gift card balances to specific orders.

You got your pre-order? Fantastic! Work out how many weeks until your CC will get charged (usually 7 days before release date or thereabouts, may vary depending on country and store).

Now what you want to do, is sneak the occasional gift card for Amazon or wherever into your normal everyday purchases in places like grocery stores and pharmacies, basically a store where you would normally do purchases and carries gift cards. You add on a $20 or a $50 gift card, once maybe twice a week, you have to math to figure out how long you have until release. In the case of the Bonx, you have about 10 weeks before the "hammer" drops on the CC, which means if you're Canadian (I'm guessing from the $600+tx comment) you need to sneak about $70 worth a week starting now. You need to buy something else with the gift card so the amount doesn't look too clean, like a candy bar so the amount says $51.14 and not $50.00. You may also be able to get away with a lower amount if, say, a $90 charge from Amazon is OK, you have to math and guess to figure out what's going to keep you out of divorce court (short answer: nothing will).

If your wife is definitely going to notice groceries are $300 higher than normal you'll have to spin other lies, which you should have experience with. Buy expired stuff at a discount and pretend it's prime grade stuff. gently caress it, I don't know, my wife loves me and I don't have to lie to her. No, really, she does. Shut up.

Why not just switch the bank statement to paperless billing for your email address only and change your email password?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

Because THAT HARPY will know something's up. God, it's like you've never had to lie to your loved ones or something. :mrapig:

You gotta be a magician and misdirect. Spend months throwing cans in the garbage until she notices and makes a recycling comment then BAM eco friendly e-statements

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

Oxenfree is good

Ya

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I also would risk my marriage for the worst major game of 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

Is anyone playing Conan Exiles? I tried the demo and actually kind of enjoyed it. Its a shame the combat seems terrible though. I might have pulled the trigger right there is it didn't feel so clunky. Anyone have any opinions on if it's actually worth playing at all?

How much mileage will you personally get from penis physics?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

No wangs on the bone dawg.

Gimped port

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Guillermus posted:

I'd add that don't play hardcore in any ARPG. It sucks to lose a fully equipped character just because you get a lagspike or some stupid reason.

Diablo2 lightning beetles ftw

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Zat posted:

EA Access is one of the few good reasons to actually own an Xbone.

You gotta like ea games tho

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Twerk from Home posted:

EA Access nailed the pricing too, $30/year is enough to justify casual interest in the games they have up.

Lucky they havent been joined by other publishers in the subscription game yet or something would have to give

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Eventually all this value gets expensive

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ether Frenzy posted:

Beats playing PS4 exclusive remasters of games that came out 4 years ago on your tiny babysized controller though heyoooooo

The ds4 is the biggest controller this gen

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I got mad max for like 5.99 and was still unhappy. games that gate content like that are on my shitlist

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Akuma posted:

"Gate content like that"?

Story missions locked behind map region checklists like just cause and mafia3

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Ugh I randomly checked and it was in stock... why... WHY

Sold out again by the time I finished.

Also wtf is up with this 1TB garbage? Does it use the same HDD as the PS4?

No cordless=no bueno. Thumbstick extenders helped.

700 worthless canadian dollars

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Buy 1000 xbox and live in them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Blind Rasputin posted:

Is it worth the $19.99? Being one of the few Hdr games I was thinking of picking it up. I played the demo and it was intriguing as kind of a chill relaxing explorer type game.

Xbox's poo poo version of Nier Automata is what I gather it is.

Its more a collectathon platformer