Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
So I start at Microsoft 2 weeks from today doing Business Sales out of the Microsoft Store. I don't currently have an Xbox, I sold my One after not touching it for a year, so I'm excited to take part in a product launch for the first time and I may even get this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
I would bet a good amount of money that they're done with Kinect.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

Chris Christie posted:

WOAH.

My Gamertag is still around. Was just able to log-in on the PC. NCAA 12 was the last XBOX game I played, September of 2013.

Civilization Revolution is the only game I "completed."

Do people actually compare gamer-scores and achievements with each-other and GAF about that??? Because if a game sucks or just dpesn't do it for me personally I sever immediately, screw "trophies"

Do small children still tea bag and swear at you if you play Halo online and get killed? Good times.

If your Gamerscore isn't above 100,000 you can't play online in Halo 5

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

Beastie posted:

So my Xbox is connected to Live, I'm in a party, but games won't connect to their servers. I checked my Gold subscription and it's good through November. I've tried hard resetting Xbox.

I've tried Titanfall 2 and Rocket League, both launch but won't connect to the service. I've tested my network connection in the settings menu and everything comes up good.

Hell, I checked my email for emails from Microsoft in case there was treachery involved. Anyone have a clue?

I have no idea, where's the closest Microsoft Store to you?

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Titanfall 2 has everything I think. I've been playing it the last couple of days since Harvey has me stuck inside.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Are you close to a Microsoft store?

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
I recently bought an Xbox but I also get Xbox Live for $20 a year so it seemed pointless not to get one. I got EA Access too and have been playing Titanfall 2 while I wait for Destiny to come out.

I much prefer the Xbox controller to my PS4 controller. It just feels so much better. I don't play a lot of games though so the exclusives aren't important to me.

I will also be plugging my Xbox controller into my PC when Destiny comes out for that.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

univbee posted:

I forgot to mention, my dad's place is in one of those "3 or 4 megabit per second DSL" lands, I know his neighbors have complained because they don't have the same options for doing things like working from home as some of their friends in the nearby bigger town do. I basically don't bring my PS4 there, and would only consider doing so in a completely-offline standpoint. I did setup a PS3 there, though, since the only game which still gets patched is Minecraft (and it's manageable but still takes a while), and Youtube and Netflix can just barely work if you wait like 2 minutes when you start playing something back.

This isn't my dad being cheap, even though he is cheap, it's literally the only option there is; I checked.

Hey man, don't take anything there. Spend time with your dad.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

fishmech posted:

Lmao if you haven't gotten like 177 Xbox games for like $200 for XBL cards. Better hit to dud ratio than loving with steam bundles for it too

Lmao if you're not getting that $20/year Microsoft employee discount scrub

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Do y'all really have so many games installed at once that you have to have externals? I just delete the games I'm not playing at the moment. Am I in the minority?

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
I guess I don't play as much as y'all because the batteries in my Xbox controller will last a month or more and the PS4 controller will run down over the course of a few hours.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

veni veni veni posted:

Does this thing not a have a rest mode?! I could have sworn it did.

It's in the settings. You can set it to power off completely when you turn it off or stay in sleep mode. Sleep mode lets you install games when you're away from the console.

Also I have Game Pass and love it. I played Rise of the Tomb Raider a couple weeks ago which was great, all the DLC was like $3 too. I'm going to play SOD2 on Tuesday when it comes out just to try it because I'm not sure if it's really my thing. I never played the first one. Then I'm going to go back and play Fable 2 again because I haven't played it in years.

Also all of the people complaining that 25 titles are being removed (exactly 1 year after Game Pass came out so pretty safe to assume they were on a 1 year license) are completely ignoring the fact that they always add games every month too. Do you really think they're not going to add stuff in June when it's E3 and Game Pass is literally like one of 5 top priorities for the company right now?

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

Cojawfee posted:

They announced three games being added to game pass "today" even though they still aren't on there.

Also, I already did the one month of game pass for a dollar thing and then canceled it because they took away a bunch of games and then didn't add any new ones. But when I went into game pass to see if they actually added those games, it offered to let me buy a month for a dollar again. So I did that. I guess I'll see if they cancel it or something.

They took away (read: the license expired after 1 year) the Bioshock games and a bunch of indie 360 games then added Kotor 1, both Force Unleashed games, Technomancer and now Division, Elder Scrolls Online and Fallout 4. Plus State of Decay 2. They also announced Ashen and Vermintide 2 would be there day 1 as soon as they launch.

I don’t believe that’s a bad service for $10 a month.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

Beastie posted:

I'll pass on Division 2, I personally would like to see what they can do with Ghost Recon Wildlands 2.

The MMO-ness of Division 1 sort of turned me off. I haven't been back to it since I gave it up three months after launch, maybe it's changed.

Dying Light 2 is going to rule.

Halo, who really cares right now? Same for Gears 5.

Never been a DMC fan. I think that one samurai game looks rad but I suck at Souls games.

Rage 2 is going to own so drat hard.

Division dropped a patch that completely changed the end game, added a ton more loot, fixed a bunch of issues with stats, etc. It was a decent game at launch. It’s a great game now.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Game Pass currently has Kotor 1, Force Unleashed 1 and 2, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and all of the Fable Games. Those are probably the best games on there besides Halo 5 and State of Decay 2.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Totally forgot Elder Scrolls Online and the Division are both on there too. The Division is awesome now and definitely worth playing.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
I heard they were buying Sega and removing Sonic from Smash

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Yeah hence why Microsoft is working to get internet access to those without with their Airband project.

Daily checkins are innocuous. You wouldn’t even notice it and progress shouldn’t be stopped because a minority don’t have access.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
You’re missing the big one, every game made by a Microsoft First Party studio is on Game Pass day 1 forever. It will never leave. Only third party games leave, just like netflix.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
I would assume the size

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
He came out in favor of the PS5

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
What else do we have left this year? Gamescom in August and maybe an Xbox Games Showcase though that was in July last year and I'd assume we'd already have heard if they were doing it again this year.

I really wish we would have seen some mention of Fable and Avowed.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Everyone should note that they described Redfall as an open world shooter that you can play single player or coop so I doubt it’s like Left 4 Dead. I’d expect it’s more like Borderlands with specific characters classes.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
The only thing I have a problem with with the Forza Horizon games is traffic. Trying to race through a city while cars come way slower in the opposite direction is very annoying.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Definitely getting a Goon Squad controller

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Halo MCC is the ultimate answer

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Halo 1 came out 10 years ago so yeah, the campaign may not hold up when compared to modern FPSs but it was also the first game I played with outdoor portions like that and with vehicles.

And the multilayer is still great.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

jabro posted:

20 years. November 15 is Halo’s 20th anniversary.

How old does that make you feel right now?

Yeah that’s what I meant. Phone posting in the morning doesn’t help.

I got invited to a Halo Infinite Multiplayer flight this weekend so hoping it’s more like 3 than 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
It’s loving weird, that’s all you need to know