Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

That's a DS3, the DS4 is bigger. I own a 360 and have a bone controller and find the DS4 quite nice.

Also I never had stick drift on my two wireless 360, wired 360, xbone pad and two DS4 pads. I may be lucky to not have ape hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

There are 3rd party xbox360 wireless dongles that work well and if you slap a pair of eneloops they will last forever, same if you go the xbone controller+eneloops

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Blind Rasputin posted:

If I have an Xbox and will definitely buy the xbox one x, is it worth getting a ps4 for the exclusive games like horizon zero dawn and uncharted and all? I probably wouldn't even use it for anything but games. The Xbox one x has good games coming out for it right?

Well, it's worth just for the exclusives. Horizon ZD, Uncharted, Bloodborne (seriously this), Nioh, Nier Automata, Yakuza 0 and Kiwami (out this month) and Persona 5 if you are into JRPGs. More coming in 2018. 2017 is been amazing so far and still more to come.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Chris Christie posted:

Thanks for the heads up.

Guess I'll pick it up since it's $11 on Amazon for the Day One Edition. It's still $20 on Steam.

EDIT: Lords of the Fallen was $9. What the hell why not.

Hahahaha boy you're going to get owned by this thread.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

You must be thinking of the Shark Tank. This is a nice thread for friends and not being disingenuous shits about video games. :)

Sure, people recommending him Ryse then going for Lords of the Fallen is the right way to go.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

univbee posted:

Most people can't play online in anything on Xbox due to "abuse" reports that are taken at face value. At least a few people who play Overwatch and certain other games for a month-ish suddenly found they couldn't find matches anymore because their rep is unrecoverably poisoned.

I'm surprised that I never got banned considering my days of XBL CoD4, MW2 and Blops1 trolling with other goons. We had a strong EU team that sometimes mixed with US goons that made pubbies scream all the time.

I've been playing online every day since 1998 and peak online experience was when goon Scatterfold told a kid that you unlocked MW2's developer menu by putting the 360 horizontal while the game was loading. Anyone who owned a 360 knows that usually ends with a scratched DVD and well, it was MW2, christmas day and all that poo poo. My profile had like a 96% avoided and all that stuff yet I still can play online.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I had some issues with Burnout Paradise time ago (by the time the xbone released), like it shows on my library on xbox.com account and on my download history on my 360 but when I went to the store through the console, it showed that I had to purchase it again. Fortunately checking one day, it was a bug on the store since just pressing the buy button it said it had no cost for me.

Maybe check some stuff manually if you remember and see if you can still download it again free.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Path of Exile is a fantastic ARPG and the only paid items are cosmetic. You get a fuckton of content to play for free. It is really deep but a lot slower than Diablo 3.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

Assuming I used to love Diablo 1 and 2, and thought 3 was a pile of poo poo, both visually and gameplay-wise, Path of Exile looks worth trying? I mean it's free, so it doesn't matter, but I'm guessing people like me is what they were gunning for from what little I've watched of it?

PoE is closer to Diablo 2 yes so you may like it. It's free so you don't lose a thing for trying.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Awesome! posted:

once you get into endgame you want your resists maxed no question. up until then its kind of whatever unless you are playing hardcore (dont play hardcore in this game unless you hate yourself)

I'd add that don't play hardcore in any ARPG. It sucks to lose a fully equipped character just because you get a lagspike or some stupid reason.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Not really, it might be longer and the best dualshock yet (low bar) but it's not built for big hands. My elite works way better for me.

For big hands you can buy the Nacon revolution wich is even bigger than the DS4 and has the xbox layout (and still cheaper than the elite). Razer has a big one too for PS4.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

No, people buy retail games on consoles because they can just trade it and get some cash back. As much as I like digital (fully embraced it on PC when Steam started), I like to have certain games retail.

Hell, I have a good bunch of retail games that I ended getting digital and kept the boxed copy because they look nice on my shelf (bloodborne, Doom 2016, Gears of War... etc).

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Adaptabullshit posted:

My guilty pleasure is watching fanboy videos of respective consoles. Some of the stuff is hilarious, both from sony and microsoft fanboy side.

Yeah, people can get really angry when it comes to console wars. It's hilarious but after a while you realise that is sad.

If I had the money I'd have a 2nd PS4, a Demon's Souls machine, a bone s and x, a switch and whatever else could get.

Of course the bone s would be for my second home.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Or just find a partner and don't have kids. Vidya game machines are my children.

Fortunately my wife and I won't have kids so as soon as I recover from moving and buying lots of new poo poo I'll start slowly by picking a Demon's Souls machine, then a switch.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

My wife never played videogames until recently. I gifted my sister back in 2009 a Wii (the usual wii sports and trivual pursuit) and a few months ago I asked her if I could pick it up since he used it like three times since that. She watched me play some ping-pong and she liked it (and that cycling game too!). I did another test with Until Dawn on my PS4 as she loves horror films and we beat the game in two nights with me doing the QTE's and she being the one taking decisions, was funny looking at her getting angry with certain outcomes or characters. Is always nice to see there's enough market even for those that aren't interested in videogames.

And yes, playing Monopoly is the best contraceptive.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

hanyolo posted:

30 posts and no ENELOOPs comment yet?

jfc, get some eneloops they will change your life I can guarantee everyone has something in their house that still uses batteries (if not check with your wife she certainly will)

Also friendly reminder Cuphead also come out in 2 days finally make sure your battery of choice is charged

I've been using eneloops on my 360 for a year and they're great :colbert:

As much as I like the PS4 I like more the 360 pad with eneloops. I'm a moster but I enjoy it.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Finster Dexter posted:

No it's not just you. One of my bonetrollers started doing this but I figured it was just because I took it apart and swapped out the analog sticks for some aftermarket sticks.

So if you agree with him that he is not alone, then you say that you took it apart and changed the sticks... it sounds like you hosed up, not the controller's fault.

I don't know what people do with controllers, mines survive for years. I'm starting to believe in crab hands.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

Sorry you chumps will never be able to play the order 1886.

And Knack, and Knack 2.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Ether Frenzy posted:

Top PS4 exclusives:
The PT demo for a game that never existed
Bloodborne, if you thought Dark Souls was fun (it is) but felt it was not janky enough
Last of Us: You bought it on vinyl, cassette, CD, MP3, clearly you'll buy it on whatever format we upscale it 3% on next

Agreed. It's a pretty short list compared to the xbone exclusive list:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

univbee posted:

I agree with everything you've written here except the suggestion that complaining to your ISP is likely to change a goddamn thing other than the blood pressure of the punching bag the ISP hired for you to take out your aggression on.

(sorry for this quote, I love futurama and the quote was directed to the user with this lovely character and was really funny to me)

doingitwrong posted:

So far, my experience is that the best place to talk about the Xbox is in the much more chill PS4 thread.

We have some long arguments about Dishonored morality system, boat levels and sometimes Bloodborne takes the thread, someone shits on it and then we, the boyz go in and fight till we are blood drunk.

The PS4 is more like the general console thread because people will even ask about the switch and people will reply nicely so yeah.

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Oct 6, 2017

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Now why is that, do you think?

(At least half of what I post in this thread is passive aggressively directed at the sharktank crew, honestly. We all know it, just like we all know what their deal is.)

Maybe because this thread is mostly filled with people just saying the console is bad or trying to hit on the PS4 and the Switch thread is like being a pedestrian in carmageddon.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

limaCAT posted:

Better have Smart Punctuation turned on that Smart Posting turned off.

:vince:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Forza games if you like driving (i like more horizon than the sim) and maybe Halo MC.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

it's funny that when I bought an Xbone I realized that the 2 Halo games I wanted to play were Reach (because I really liked it) and ODST (which I never played through all the way but it was rad) and they also happened to the be 2 that weren't on the Halo collection.

Harkening back to the PS4 thread about how I want a re release. Rage recently went BC I and imo it's an absolutely steller shooter if you can accept that it has a not great open world attached to it. Not an exclusive but the PC version was poo poo afaik.

The PC version was absolutely fine if you used a NVIDIA card (why on earth would you buy ATI and its lovely OpenGL support) and did some tweak on a .cfg file (takes two minutes).

Most of the graphical complains on PC were from ATI users or people that didn't update video drivers. Rage had its faults but looked great and I liked it.

This is how Rage looked on my PC on launch (it's on my steam screenshot directory):

My PC at that time was an i7 2600k @3.4Ghz, GTX 560Ti, 8Gb DDR3 @1333Mhz. That PC is still alive but with 16Gb RAM and a 960Ti.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Still better than Halo 3 and Reach. :getin:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

TheScott2K posted:

Red Faction Armageddon is the worst Red Faction game. Super pumped to not get past the first boss on Ninja Gaiden Black on Xbox One.

Red Faction 2 is the worst by far.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Freedom Fighters worked fine on my PC with a nvidia card back in the days but I couldn't get it to run with my laptop with a "gaming" ATI. It was hard to make it work even on launch so having it on console owns.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Ben Kuchera shitpost

This is peak shitposting. Well done Ben.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'm sure that Sony, with all the exclusives and lead over Microsoft, will hold on the PS5 while the XbonX tries to not sink the ship definately. I'm waiting till next year to upgrade my PS4 Slim to a PRO and get a XboneX so I can play (I hope) better my 360 games and the few games in interested from MS.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

It looks amazing but hell, it bothers me that a game as fast as TF2 gets played like a CoD (basically not being running and jumping all the time)

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Fishmech is the abusive ex returning to shitpost all the time. We are all fishmech.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Xbonx One Xbonx: The highest quality dorito dust on a console.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Question is, which country will ww3 start over?

Spain will do. We'll start bombing catalonia, but miss and hit Andorra, some french will get pissed and destroy a few spanish fruit trucks that had Germany as destination. Germans get pissed and invade UK and so...

Anyways, on a more serious thing, the Xbox One can do a thing that the PS4 can't: use a Lamborghini as gamepad to play Forza (ps4 users can't because GT is a joke).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3paZII8HUAg

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

For what? Everything else is fast, can play 4k youtubes no problem on Chromecast etc.

Port forwarding is still a thing you can do to improve Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

xbox live is fine, Amazon streaming isn't.

Also wtf is port forwarding lol i'm a console gamer

There are dozens of tutorials and you don't need a computer, you can do it with a phone's Internet browser. By manually opening ports, you can improve data traffic for certain apps or services.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

My experiences with Vermintide on PC may translate well to XBL:

It is indeed a L4D game with a "director" wich will randomize a bit certain parts of the maps. It is heavily melee focused wich will lead to getting cornered and getting hit more tan L4D wich, without a proper group will be a worse experience. The game itself runs and looks nice, if you like warhammer fantasy it will scratch that itch.

My main gripe was the crafting system wich was grindy and too random to get better items and felt half-assed. With it being free, if you can get a group you can get a good 9-10 hours before the game feels boring (or sooner). I lasted for like 25h on PC and that was with some patching but it is a miserable experience without friends to play with while in L4D you may even be lucky and beat a map.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Syrinxx posted:

Battlefield Bad Company, a good game, is now available with EA Access.

I'd kill to play it with a wider FoV. BC1 has the best SP of the series but it's hard to get used to that tiny field of view.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

RBX posted:

Tired of Dark souls as in everybody copying it and fawning all over everything to do with it.

Yeah pretty much this. I'm not tired of DS/BB games at all, I'm tired of the "soulslike" and bad clones.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

By "soulslike" I meant not straight games copying the gameplay mechanics but the actual term usage. People call a game soulslike because it's "hard" or has world exploration. Dead Cells is an example but to me it looks more like a Metroidvania.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Ether Frenzy posted:

Sony players in 2001: Heh, this counterstrike game is total garbage, who made these models, some sort of amateur modder? <instead plays upcoming PS4 exclusive re-re-re-master>

In 2001, Counter-Strike models were better than anything in PS1 and PS2 so I don't know what are you talking about.