Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

hatty posted:

Lol that people immediately started calling it the Xbone and some random Microsoft exec got real mad on Twitter about it

Major Nelson complained that the name was "disrespectful" to the teams that worked on it. And then Microsoft bought the domain xbone.com anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

so Game Pass Ultimate is going up from $5/year to ~5.66/year? Not a huge deal IMO.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

webmeister posted:

Imperfect Dark

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

hatty posted:

The Prestige was good

I'm playing Omori because it's leaving Gamepass soon and I have unlocked the ability to recognize this avatar

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Professor Beetus posted:

This whole situation reminds me of the ol' canard that your enemies are simulataneously an existential threat but also toothless cowards and nothing to be concerned about.

Umberto Eco's Box

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

holy poo poo, I always thought the N64 and PS1 were even in sales.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Twerk from Home posted:

The N64 was for rich kids, you're telling on yourself here. I only ever saw N64s at rich kids house, they even had cable and their parents let them watch DBZ.

I lived in a Sony household :colbert:

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I said come in! posted:

And then worst yet is that basically none of them later got ported to other consoles.

I really wish I could play the 360 version of Radiant Silvergun on the PC.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

she's probably right about the second part

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

does the judge know about the game pass ultimate trick?

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I ordered a headset too. I tripped over the cord of my wired headset last week, and 50 bucks is a good price.

I said come in! posted:

GTAV has been on Gamepass before. The single player is one of the best open world titles, but the online is awful.

How often do games leave Gamepass and come back?

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

March 2026 baby :smugdog:

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Evil Badman posted:

She's been doing this over the month, people just noticed cause it was Elden Ring.

drat, so no Gamepass Elden Ring.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Kevyn posted:

Actraiser Remake on Xbox please. I know it’s apparently not good but I want it anyway

yeah I'd play it for free on gamepass

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Are these like 360 faceplates for a new generation?

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

priznat posted:

Tim Rogers manages to upload a 15 hour Starfield review only 1 hour after getting his copy of the game

At least 10 of those hours are about his memories of seeing the Challenger explode on TV

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

American McGay posted:

It’s gonna be an 87 just like every other AAA game released in the past decade.

:eyepop:

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Kevyn posted:

I didn’t waste any time testing the Bethesdaness of this game and put a bucket on the head of the tutorial man before talking to him

I didn't know there were British politicians in this game.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Guillermus posted:

Always manually save when playing a Bethesda game

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I picked the great serpent worshipper background because I misread the description and thought that it meant you get buffs when you bunnyhop

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Barudak posted:

Is that not what it does? I regretted not taking it after frantically jumping everywhere as per usual

Lube Enthusiast posted:

That’s what I assumed it did!

you get the buffs for grav jumping with your ship. Still fairly trivial to keep up as long as you don't stay on one planet for too long.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Wiltsghost posted:

Lies of Pee is up

is "P" not stored in the cloud?

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

The Kins posted:

Some other announcements from the Xbox TGS thing that caught my eye:

• Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy is hitting Game Pass on September 26, with the Apollo Justice trilogy hitting early next year.
  • Like A Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name and Like A Dragon Ishin are coming to Game Pass! Gaiden will be there on Day 1, Ishin will come this year.

Hell yeah

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I'll stick to playing games on my pager, thanks

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

univbee posted:

Setting up the world's most powerful console right now.

is that the Xbox 9?

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

1glitch0 posted:

What was the puddle glitch?

there was a lootable shop container you could access in Akila by looking at a puddle just the right way.

Sucks to hear, but not really surprising. I wonder if they fixed any of the others that people found.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Starcraft: Ghost, only on Microsoft Gamepass

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Professor Beetus posted:

*jon arbuckle voice* Staaaaaaarfield

it's really hosed up that there are no cats in that game

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

welcome posted:

Personas 3 and 4 are probably leaving in January then, guess I'd better jump back into 3. *checks howlongtobeat* Son of a

Why not just wait for P3 Reload?

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

:negative:

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

FireWorksWell posted:

I've been sifting through the favorite little things thread and there's been pages of love for Prey '17 where I'm at, I've got it wishlisted because it seems like a really fun ride

it is on Gamepass, or $7.50 in a more permanent form

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Malcolm Excellent posted:

The S Blade has a Hackblood Charge

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

John F Bennett posted:

Apparently, the new COD only takes up 217 gigabytes.

oh my cod

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I wish I had gotten in on MS rewards in its heyday instead of this past year when it seems to be stripped to the bone.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

the actual most anticipated game on the planet is Barkley 2 which will also be revealed next week

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

probably not going to be a better deal for a Series X until this time next year, no?

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Game Pass games are good actually

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

priznat posted:

The new tony hawk 1+2 remaster on sale but I know if I get it it will immediately show up on game pass.

your sacrifice will not be forgotten

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

huh, so that's what that's for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

the stealth drops are the best drops