Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I don’t even have an Xbox console at the moment but I’m going to pick up a few of those games on the cheap so they’ll be waiting for me whenever I get my hands on a SX.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Is there a way to add a game to a wishlist from the web store? I won’t get my SX until next weekend but I want to start curating a list of games I may want to buy.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

They’ll name the third Xbox Series the Xbox Series One.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I got my XSX by following the chat at the bottom of the Nowinstock page. It’s full of rumors and general internet dumbassery, but sometimes it pays off. I had randomly woken up in the middle of the night and happened to look at the page on my phone and they were going on about Best Buy putting XSXs up soon, so I hopped on the computer and started refreshing til I struck gold.

Don’t rely on the actual NowInStock alerts though, they’re way too slow.

Kevyn fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Nov 25, 2020

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Quantum of Phallus posted:

if the xbox back compat team don't add timesplitters 2/3 soon, i'm gonna lose my will to live

Just emulate the GameCube versions

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

How do you download the free 10 hour trials of new EA games? I can find them in the mobile Game Pass app but it says they can’t be remotely installed. I can’t find them in the Game Pass app on my XSX at all.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I noticed that none of the older Forzas are available for purchase digitally besides Motorsport 7 and Horizon 4. What’s the deal with that, trying to consolidate the playerbase or something? Meanwhile EA has like five Maddens up for free on Play/GP.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Whoever ends up with those IPs needs to hire Kojima Productions to make Silent Hills and MGS6.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

NHL ‘94 Rewind.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Castlevania: Ludonarrative of Dissonance

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Is there a way to stop GTA5 from saving a clip every time I do anything remotely cool?

Exploding helicopters are awesome but I don’t need 500 videos of it.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I believe OG/360 games HAVE to be downloaded to the HDD. In fact it doesn’t even copy from the disc, it just downloads a BC version of the game from the internet when you put the disc in, in never actually reads any game data off the disc.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Lol Xbox Live has been down for four hours

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Doctor Nutt posted:

What the gently caress, I can't even sign in? Even in previous outages it didn't prevent me from being logged in as me on the console itself, I can't even pick an account for local saves or anything.

Go into settings and turn on offline mode and it’ll let you sign in locally, but yeah it’s dumb that you have to do that

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I want more exclusives on Xbox so more people buy an Xbox so more companies make games for Xbox because I have an Xbox

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Still can’t add to the wishlist from the web store which sucks

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I know pseudo-NES indie titles are a dime a dozen, but I’m really digging Cyber Shadow on Game Pass so far. I’m still early, but it’s totally scratching that Ninja Gaiden/Contra/Castlevania/Sunsoft Batman/Metroid itch.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

The lowercase n bothers me

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

95% of my screenshots are from me accidentally hitting the share button

edit: This is the other 5%

Kevyn fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Mar 25, 2021

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Yeah I don’t know how the social stuff works either. I know how to look at the activity feed on individual profiles but that sucks to do and it’s usually just achievements anyway. Is there like a full feed of the screenshots and video clips all my friends have posted?

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Speaking of OG Xbox BC, why the hell isnt SSX3 on Gamepass?

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

Probably music licenses

They still sell it though

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Apple does need to start supporting Series X controllers though. It’s supposed to be coming in iOS 14.5 but giddyup already, Tim

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

There’s a chrome extension called ABS that will automatically do your daily Bing searches every day. It will even spoof itself as a mobile device so you get the mobile search points too.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

barnold posted:

It's always been really amazing to me how long Madden 25 has stayed on there or EA Play. The game came out in 2013, lol

I was hoping it’d stick around until the actual Madden 25 comes out in a few years.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I wonder if Kojima’s game will come out before the 3 year subscription I just signed up for expires

Not a chance in hell.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Why is the pre-install for MLB The Show only 272 MB? Are they always like that? I’ve never pre-installed before, I thought it downloaded the full game.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I find it funny that Xbox Game Pass has a category literally labeled “Metroidvania”

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

American McGay posted:

Absolutely not, but it being available on iOS and PC is a good sign for people who do want to use in-home streaming using your own console.

You’ve been able to stream your own console for a while now on iOS using the Xbox app. Unfortunately I can’t stream anything besides my Xbox’s home screen, because iOS doesn’t support Series X controllers yet. Hopefully 14.5 comes out tomorrow and adds this.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

“MLB The Show” is a really dumb name for a video game

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Aw man I already own Tropico 4. Glad more people will get to play it though, it’s fun. I’m down to try Lego Batman too, never played a Lego game before.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Goddamn liberals taking our guns

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

There’s a mod for Surviving Mars, which is on Gamepass, that’ll automatically give you all the achievements, minus the DLC ones. I did it last time they had this challenge

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I should buy one of those so I can type in my beacon names in Subnautica without drowning to death

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Subnautica runs great for me but I’m on an XSX, no idea how the One X version is. It’s on Game Pass so just give it a shot if you have that

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Kojima Productions

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Jesus Christ I should play a fable game, this sounds amazing

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

The disc version of Flight Sim is Series X exclusive yes, cuz how you gonna play it on a Series S lol

e:fb

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

highme posted:

Party Animals looks like it’s gonna be a bunch of stupid fun.

It was when it was called Gang Beasts, now it’s just a filthy ripoff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I’ll wait til Series Y|T come out and play FlightSim in FPS Boosted backwards compatibility