Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Dumb question time. I'm new to Xbox and got a Series S for Christmas to replace Stadia. Prior to that, I always had Playstations so Xbox stuff is new to me.

Today, I went ahead and picked up 3 years of Game Pass Ultimate for $175 and I've been reading about various perks with the service and saw where you get 2 games per month referred to as "Games with Gold" whether you have Game Pass or Live Gold. From what I understand, you lose them if you let your subscription lapse, but do you get to keep them if they leave Game Pass?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

BonoMan posted:

So the Series S really is a killer little device.

First it's small and stylish AF.

GamePass cloud streaming works flawlessly (I do have fiber).

HiFi Rush is cool. Art style is insanely good and the acting and animation is insane too notch. It seems... Kinda boring so far. It's a rhythm game but then it's confined to just these tiny enemy areas. It never gets engrossing enough.

Tinykins is awesome. Fall Guys and Rocket League are fun.

Fortnite... I'm just playing that for the first time and am pretty impressed. Just a super fun little metaverse... Even if it's way out of my generation.

I did win my first two BRs though! ( Yeah I know it pitted me against easy players since I had just started... But good to know my vidja game skills haven't gone away)

Yeah, I picked one up at Christmas. The Series S paired with the Game Pass Ultimate trick of buying three years of Live Gold for ~$175 and upgrading it all for a dollar (compared to $539 subscription price) is the best deal in gaming, imho.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Riven posted:

Target’s app worked correctly so I got my Xbox today. I am now downloading as many game pass games as will fit on the drive. I’ll say that compared to PS Plus the AAA games aren’t as stand-out but gently caress there are SO many good games here. I get to play all of the Double Fine back catalog that I missed, and a bunch of stuff like Pentiment and Ni No Kuni that aren’t the first thing I want to drop money on but will play first thing now. I have no regrets. I have negative regrets. And Psychonauts 2 at 120 hz!

OP, did you buy three years of Live Gold and upgrade all 3 years to Game Pass Ultimate for a dollar saving you $360 over three years? It's the best deal in gaming.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Are there any evolution simulators (or whatever you would call games like Spore) on Xbox? I don't care what gen as long as it would play on my Series S.

My kids found out about Spore on YouTube and played the crap out of it (luckily my Plex server ran it fine), but I'm hoping to find something in the same vein on Xbox either to purchase or on Game Pass.

I've tried searching a little, but mostly get tons of hits for a Dragonball game and Jurassic Evolution.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Laserface posted:

my 100mbit fibre

lol

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Are there any other 3 player couch co-op games out there like the Trine series that at least have a bit of a story, light puzzles, etc? Not really looking for rudimentary task simulators with PS1 graphics like all the cooking, delivery person, house mover games but it seems like once you move past 2 players that's about it.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I still have my PS3 and play it from time to time because it still has games on it I've never played because I collected them faster than I could play. :filez: for life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I'm about 2 hours into The Quarry. Does it ever get any more interactive after a couple hours? So far it's been like a walking simulator. The short driving section at the beginning brought back flashbacks of Road Avenger on Sega CD.

Good actors, horror, etc. but I was getting bored due to the lack of interaction when I shut it off a couple nights ago and wondering if it's worth it to spend more time if it gets better.