Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

WHERE TO WATCH: https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=twitch or http://youtube.com/e3 or whatever else you watch, GB, easyallies, idgaf

WHAT TO EXPECT:
If it's anything like the last two years, a really boring talk show with a couple of reveals. Maybe being in the morning will change things. Klei will show a new game here. XCOM is revealing a new DLC expansion I think. Chucklefish is showing off Wargroove (Advance Wars for PC essentially). idk what else. Maybe AMD will have another briefcase. Or maybe they'll have seen the Devolver press conference and realized they need to be entertaining.

WHAT TO EXPECT:
- No Aisha Tyler :(
- Awkward poo poo
- Just Dance
- Far Cry 5 which I feel like now has fallen back in hype after sunday's craziness but is still cool
- South Park???

POSSIBLE SURPRISES:
- Viviendi takeover mid-show

WHAT TO EXPECT:
- God of War: Dad of War
- Call of Duty WW2
- Days Gone
- Indies
- At least 50% more anime than Microsoft
- Maybe PSVR stuff
- A lot of games regardless

POSSIBLE SURPRISES:
- The same Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer that's on Youtube

Sorry my brain is fried from watching that Twitch Pre-Show thing, i've seen into the void. It's all downhill from here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Really hoping we get a South Park Release date but it gonna but something stupid like in October like every other big game release.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

https://www.twitch.tv/twitch

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Ubisoft will be simultaneously weird and dull. I can't wait!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why no Aisha Tyler

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Looking forward to Michel Ancel fighting a Vivendi automaton live onstage

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hey

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
E3 2017: Devolver Digital's Dying Dreams, On Loop

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

Why no Aisha Tyler

French dudes fed up of looking small

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
If anyone hasn't seen the 15 minutes of madness that was Devolver's conference check it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqPT9hyPANs

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

my favourite kind of cat is tuxedo cat lets discuss cats instead of ubisoft because ubisoft are bad

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Sakurazuka posted:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Sakurazuka posted:

They felt threatened by her manly hands.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I wanna know how jon carnage has so much energy still

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Quest For Glory II posted:

11 hours of screaming and he still has a voice, totally inhuman.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Quest For Glory II posted:

Dude's voice is gonna be dead by the end of the day.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
No one sleeps at Twitch

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh hey this stream is still going

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Sakurazuka posted:

I think I remember her hitting on them or just straight up taking the piss out of them

She was awesome presenting the show I have a feeling they will have a boring one like the Microsoft show

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Why in the gently caress is there not Aisha Tyler this year for Ubisoft's thing? :( People want to see that more than the games they have to offer. South Park is never coming out, it's hanging out with Kingdom Hearts and FF7

I really hope Sony super brings their A game, because while Microsoft's thing wasn't perfect, I did love that they were just "here's a game. here's another game. here's another game" for like an hour. Also ya know. Microsoft had Ori 2 and Life is Strange 2 which are the two biggest deals this E3 to me. The only way to really top the hype for me there is Nintendo showing some Smash tomorrow. So at least show SOMETHING from FF7, Sony. Or literally just show a picture of Donald Duck fighting Darth Vader. Something.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

JethroMcB posted:

But it IS still about the nightmarish world of Basic Universal Income and possibly male contraceptive pills

(re: The Last Night man's embarrassing twitter views)

I think there's definitely a place in media to critique ideas like Universal Basic Income because they are currently pretty new and untested and interesting ground, and it's important for people to think about these ideas. But everything about The Last Night's dev suggests he's a very conventional 100% libertarian nerd guy, which makes me think that the game's story is probably gonna be some boring Ayn Rand poo poo that just dispenses some platitude about the importance of working hard and earning things instead of examining any of the interesting impacts of a future society with a UBI. Like the blurb on Steam for his game straight up says it's about a society where nobody creates things anymore because they don't need to work for a living, which is such a weird thing for someone in game dev to say when it's a field full of people making passion projects that they know they might not even break even on.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
They probably recorded this over several months :ssh:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Lakbay posted:

They probably recorded this over several months :ssh:

please don't ruin the magic

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I think taking half-hour breaks for DJ sets and short films is helping them keep the energy up.

Red Bones posted:

(re: The Last Night man's embarrassing twitter views)

Agreed. Yes, there should be conversation about these things, but this dude's track record lets you know straightaway what the tenor of the "discussion" and end message is likely going to be. You will gun down so many gorgeously pixelated Strawmen.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

JethroMcB posted:

You will gun down so many gorgeously pixelated Strawmen.

I'll save my gunnin down for the nazis I'll be killin with my best friend BJ Blazkowicz

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Dandara looks like a cool Steam Sale pickup.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
oh my god it's that painting

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

did you get these from somewhere

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It's over, and we get a Wavves music video outta this apparently huh

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Please don't doxx my life twitch prepreshow

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

give me the anime sony

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlestonJew posted:

did you get these from somewhere

Abagofcheetos and Univbee found them. Univbee says the sony one omits too much and wrote a letter to the maker because he is very thorough

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Real hurthling! posted:

Abagofcheetos and Univbee found them. Univbee says the sony one omits too much and wrote a letter to the maker because he is very thorough

gross

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Devolver stuck to their word and didn't actually unveil any games, right?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DalaranJ posted:

Nope they showed some new stuff just in the format of a weird Adult Swim esque talk show.

I don't remember any of them though. I'd be kinda irked if I had my game signed to be published with Devolver.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

DalaranJ posted:

No games at all. It was the best conference.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Taintrunner posted:

Nope they showed some new stuff just in the format of a weird Adult Swim esque talk show.

Devolver was the head exploding lady.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Taintrunner posted:

I don't remember any of them though. I'd be kinda irked if I had my game signed to be published with Devolver.

None of those games were brand new

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
edit: I'm an idiot, nvm

• Locked thread