Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

226 posted:

Bethesda had Dishonored 2 DLC.
According to Bethesda, Death of the Outsider is a standalone game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 24, 2014

So like a Blood Dragon situation?

That doesn't fit my narrative though.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The Kins posted:

It's an expandalone. It's not a full on game.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

TFRazorsaw posted:

Why does everyone keep saying this? That's not what they've advertised.

They said the focus was on Switch games for 2017 including Odyssey, not that it'd be the entire point of the showcase.

Because I think maybe people have learned to temper their expectations when it comes to Nintendo announcements. Also, knowing that the company has really shifted its messaging to online presentations every few months rather than going all in at E3, people just aren't anticipating a deluge of information.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Even the actual Switch reveal direct wasn't so hot.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Even the actual Switch reveal direct wasn't so hot.

I dunno, it saved me from a ban. I think it was a miracle.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

I'm so disappointed about the lack of Fallout stuff. I was hoping for a new something. VR fallout 4 seems like a gimmick for a game I've played already and I distrust the possible quality of it with all the changes they're going to need to have to make to get it to work.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

The Kins posted:

It's a $30 boxed release. Judging from Dishonored 1 DLC it's probably enough content to warrant being released that way.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Nintendo will show ARMS, Splatoon2, Super Mario Odyssey, and Fire Emblem Warriors. They will push the 3ds still even though no one cares.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

JethroMcB posted:

Because I think maybe people have learned to temper their expectations when it comes to Nintendo announcements. Also, knowing that the company has really shifted its messaging to online presentations every few months rather than going all in at E3, people just aren't anticipating a deluge of information.

There's that and there's jumping to conclusions when Nintendo themselves have said differently regarding what the showcase will be.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I hope they do a big sizzle reel type thing where they're like "ALL THESE ARE COMING BY HOLIDAY 2017" and everyone cries

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I hope that when the real show starts we will se reveals for smaller publishers. Talos Principle 2, please!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Is SuperGiant at e3 this year? Pyre is a weird game but it is fun as hell!

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Kashuno posted:

Is SuperGiant at e3 this year? Pyre is a weird game but it is fun as hell!

Nah, they're busy finishing the game, it's out at the end of July.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

ymgve posted:

I hope that when the real show starts we will se reveals for smaller publishers. Talos Principle 2, please!
Croteam are showing Talos Principle VR behind closed doors. They aren't showing any non-VR stuff at E3 this year.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I'm at the very least hoping Nintendo releases some cool stuff on the eShop today to celebrate. Give me that Stardew Valley.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I don't loving get this VR push. The market really doesn't seem to be there for it and it doesn't seem like that market is growing at all. Sony showed a bunch of VR games last night and while cracking open a cold one with the pretty boys in VR seems fun it's a dumb big investment for no actual payoff

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

xutech posted:

I'm so disappointed about the lack of Fallout stuff. I was hoping for a new something. VR fallout 4 seems like a gimmick for a game I've played already and I distrust the possible quality of it with all the changes they're going to need to have to make to get it to work.

What were you expecting? Any FO5 is a hella long way off.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

anyone like tropico here????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz870k-A2z4

multiple islands finally!

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Kashuno posted:

I don't loving get this VR push. The market really doesn't seem to be there for it and it doesn't seem like that market is growing at all. Sony showed a bunch of VR games last night and while cracking open a cold one with the pretty boys in VR seems fun it's a dumb big investment for no actual payoff

The PSVR sold gangbusters. They had trouble keeping production up with demand at one point.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Davincie posted:

anyone like tropico here????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz870k-A2z4

multiple islands finally!

realElpresidente

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Kashuno posted:

This is how I feel about it. Like a lot of those games were neat little things that could be a fun distraction but nothing so far has been worth paying 500 for PSVR or 800 for a vive

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Kashuno posted:

Nintendo will show ARMS, Splatoon2, Super Mario Odyssey, and Fire Emblem Warriors. They will push the 3ds still even though no one cares.

I don't have a switch yet so I still care about the 3DS

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Kashuno posted:

People seem to like VR, the hardware just costs too much so no one makes games for it, and there is no games so no one buys the hardware. It feels like a bootstrapping thing where someone just has to eat it for a while to get things to the point it's self sustaining.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Kashuno posted:

HDTV was a huge success so now there is a neverending push for the next big selling form of media.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
So is the main biker dude from Days Gone Sam Witwer? It looks like him

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think you guys are really underselling Skyrim VR, that's going to be a big draw for a lot of people. Not me, but I think it will sell very well.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

HDTV was a huge success so now there is a neverending push for the next big selling form of media.

Explains why it's going about as well as 3D TV

exquisite tea posted:

I think you guys are really underselling Skyrim VR, that's going to be a big draw for a lot of people. Not me, but I think it will sell very well.

Who has VR and hasn't already played Skyrim to death?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Kashuno posted:

PSVR sold really well for an incredibly expensive console add-on and it makes sense for companies to be chasing that subset. Especially when you consider that it's a less squirrelly audience and is probably way easier for big companies to develop for.

VIVE and Oculus stuff is just sunk cost fallacy right now.

Edit: for reference, rough numbers for install base on VR:

PSVR: 1 million
VIVE: 400k
Oculus: 250k
Gear VR: 80 billion

mango sentinel fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Jun 13, 2017

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Gorgolflox posted:

So is the main biker dude from Days Gone Sam Witwer? It looks like him

He's a former hardcore loner who was on the wrong side of the law who now finds himself leading a group of people to survive and who sees his own past in the looters, humans being the REAL monsters, and protecting others in the post apocalyptic setting is in his way atonement. 50/50 chance he will have flash backs that before becoming a bike gang member he had a family that was destroyed by some tragedy. I think I covered all the bases. 75% chance he utters the line "I'm not a hero" after someone is grateful he saves them

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Kashuno posted:

I last played Skyrim 6 years ago when it came out, the VR version looks like it'll be impressive enough and new enough that I'll buy it again.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Kashuno posted:

Somehow I don't think Skyrim fans have a problem with buying the same game over and over again.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Releasing Skyrim twice on PS4 is the real deal.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

exquisite tea posted:

I'm a little shocked ESO didn't get VR, it wouldn't even have to be good, a VR MMO that was even mildly successful would be like pop culture in the news for months.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Feel like you're really backing away from enemies while waving a sword at the air in front of you.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Tim Whatley posted:

Rockstar usually is never at E3 because they can change their profile picture to a red icon and break the Internet. They said they'd reveal more about it this summer when it got delayed.

Seriously. RockStar is so huge that in 2 years they could just put up a tweet that says "6" and not only will they sell 50 million preorders by week's end, but for the 2 years that follow every game website will have endless trash articles and videos speculating on the location, the lead, the music, the time period, etc. There will be breaking news alerts based on a reddit post from some guy just spitballing lame ideas.

They don't have to do e3.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

Feel like you're really backing away from enemies while waving a sword at the air in front of you.

Feel actual lovecraftian Horror as you feel like you're really there as a bodies rag doll glitches out and becomes an ever increasing mass of impossible angles you helplessly try to run from!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

When will Rockstar show more of the Agent?!?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

I play Elder Scrolls games to gently caress around in a big dumb world with my wizard. If I can't randomly smite peasants and then spend 10 minutes fighting off an army of town guards, why the gently caress am I playing?

Every time I see a npc that say something like "I am tired of working", I wait until nobody is looking and I murder him. I am a different type of savior, one that save, murdering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

People seem to like VR, the hardware just costs too much so no one makes games for it, and there is no games so no one buys the hardware. It feels like a bootstrapping thing where someone just has to eat it for a while to get things to the point it's self sustaining.

VR is actually really incredibly immersive. The downside is the cost of the hardware (and the games) but the game support is getting better and better. I assume they'll get costs down with the next revision as well as boost the hardware.

This isn't like 3d when it was a fad, the experience of VR is unique and brings a new layer of immersion that you can't get in a 2d space. You can almost literally tell who hasn't, and has tried VR by their attitude. People may be tired of hearing it, but it's really something that has to be tried in person.

• Locked thread