Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what's gonna happen?
basically nothing (token management shuffles)
he goes 'on leave'
he finds a replacement then goes later this year
he quits and plays harry in the new third rock remake
he quits and becomes transportation secretary
gas thread, ban op
View Results

• Locked thread
Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
the second (lol) report is complete, the board has voted to accept every recommendation, and the news breaks tomorrow. so what's going to happen to our favourite c.e.bro???!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
uber has a dual share class structure which gives travis majority voting control, like zuck at fb. he could replace the whole board if he wanted to, right? so how are they gonna get rid of him unless he wants to go? buy him out?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

JewKiller 3000 posted:

uber has a dual share class structure which gives travis majority voting control, like zuck at fb. he could replace the whole board if he wanted to, right? so how are they gonna get rid of him unless he wants to go? buy him out?

he's going to go "on sabbatical" which means he can still be an officer of the company but not involved in the day to day

the larger question is once uber gets rid of all the toxic cokebro garbage they're still left with a business model with a -40% margin so what are they going to do about that

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
pray that the media doesn't catch on and start to sour on self-driving cars, i guess?

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
if all of a sudden they couldn't secure any more private capital how long could they continue with their current cash at today's margins?

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
apple should buy them, raise prices and make the app iphone only

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

JewKiller 3000 posted:

he could fire his board and refuse to step down if he wanted, but that's the sort of thing that makes it impossible to ever get new investments without giving up control over the company anyway

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Dislike button posted:

apple should buy them, raise prices and make the app iphone only

buying a google lawsuit is not a great idea

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i lust for uber death

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
here are the holder report recommendations, which the board adopted unanimously: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1s08BdVqCgrUVM4UHBpTGROLXM/view

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

JewKiller 3000 posted:

here are the holder report recommendations, which the board adopted unanimously: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1s08BdVqCgrUVM4UHBpTGROLXM/view

haha

quote:

and eliminate those values which have been identified as redundant or as having

been used to justify poor behavior, including Let Builders Build, Always Be Hustlin’,

Meritocracy and Toe-Stepping, and Principled Confrontation;

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

https://twitter.com/MikeIsaac/status/874672266381975552

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
using his mom's death as an excuse is pretty gross

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i'd expect nothing better

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
drat shoulda thought about that for the poll.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

quote:

Uber should also encourage responsible drinking, which can include limiting the amount of alcohol that is available in the office,
wait, does that mean that it's currently unlimited?

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:

Gazpacho posted:

wait, does that mean that it's currently unlimited?

my workplace has a keg but everyone has the sense to not use it during work hours

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

last startup I worked at there was always a keg and when they threw parties they just moved all the leftover booze into the kitchen

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
i have absolutely zero desire to drink or be drunk at work. everything about it sounds miserable

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
i drink red bull at work

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Dislike button posted:

i have absolutely zero desire to drink or be drunk at work
but then, you don't work at uber

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
"desire to be drunk" sounds like some kind of alt vore fetish

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
in britain they say "desire to be drink" :eng101:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

"What's so unpleasant about being drunk"
"You ask a glass of water"

shameful

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

:commissar:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

lmfaooooo

pram
Jun 10, 2001

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i just don't understand how these people are in charge of anything

"hmm, the company i'm on the board of is under intense scrutiny for misogyny, what should I do?????? oh i know, launch a tepid zinger I heard on mad men. (what's that you say, mad men was being critical??)

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

"hmm, the company i'm on the board of is under intense scrutiny for misogyny, what should I do?????? oh i know, launch a tepid zinger I heard on mad men. (what's that you say, mad men was being critical??)

turns out...

https://twitter.com/Techmeme/status/874800179911815170

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

life comes at you fast

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

uber is.... bad?

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

momentum.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

RISCy Business posted:

life comes at you fast

:eyepop:

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe
HOLDER: you need to deal with your sexism problem
UBER BOARD: we need to deal with our sexism problem
BONDERMAN: man those broads sure do love to talk, huh

pram
Jun 10, 2001
its collapsing breathtakingly fast lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001
disruptive even

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
prosecute uber under the rico act like the criminal organization that it is

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

pram posted:

disruptive even

congrats to uber on disrupting themselves

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
they better not disrupt my ride to the airport

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014