Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what's gonna happen?
basically nothing (token management shuffles)
he goes 'on leave'
he finds a replacement then goes later this year
he quits and plays harry in the new third rock remake
he quits and becomes transportation secretary
gas thread, ban op
View Results

• Locked thread
Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

That's a real risky move tho bc sometimes you both get stuck there with the coworker everyone can't stand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
i stay after work with my coworkers on fridays, we drink alcohol and play video games

it rules

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

there's also a bunc of reddit threads about spending 1.5k/month on eating out.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

there was some horrible verge article about how the author had every single meal delivered or went out to eat and I'm just thinking how the gently caress do you afford that on a freelance writer's gig? I'm a deece figgies computer toucher and I feel bad if I'm spending more than $150/week on food

e: found it

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

qirex posted:

there was some horrible verge article about how the author had every single meal delivered or went out to eat and I'm just thinking how the gently caress do you afford that on a freelance writer's gig? I'm a deece figgies computer toucher and I feel bad if I'm spending more than $150/week on food

e: found it

https://theringer.com/postmates-caviar-los-angeles-32e0edfb4c06

I had no trouble abandoning my post at Ye Rustic Inn in Los Feliz following a post-work gathering in 2015, deciding the moment I climbed into my car that I wanted more of the chicken wings. Did I walk back in and grab a dozen to go? I think you know me better than that by now, dear reader. I called Adam and asked him to look up the bar on Postmates. He ordered immediately, the delivery man barely trailing me on the way home.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
im fairly sure its a status thing except the dumbest ever because nobody sees you doing it

unless you post it on instagram or something which i guess they do

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

hifi posted:

there's also a bunc of reddit threads about spending 1.5k/month on eating out.

*has negative net worth and needs a car title loan to cover unexpected expenses*

pram
Jun 10, 2001

RISCy Business posted:

some people like their coworkers and want to stay late to hang out with them, hth

lmao no

pram
Jun 10, 2001

quote:

We’d uprooted our lives in pursuit of my dream job, but had we done so at the expense of easily attainable pizza? Eventually we stumbled upon an unmemorable corner cafe willing to bring me a bagel. It tasted like sadness. I hugged my cat, Halo. Adam resolved to find a solution the next day.

just ugh at every word of this article

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

FACT: it was literally impossible to get pizza delivered in los angeles before the app economy

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

:getin:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/21/technology/uber-ceo-travis-kalanick.html?_r=0

quote:

In the letter, titled “Moving Uber Forward” and obtained by The New York Times, the investors wrote to Mr. Kalanick that he must immediately leave and that the company needed a change in leadership. Mr. Kalanick, 40, consulted with at least one Uber board member and after hours of discussions with some of the investors, he agreed to step down.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I'd guess those investors are hoping for renewed interest so they can flip some of their shares, like a pre-ipo dead cat bouce

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

:thumbsup:

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
wow he must be really sad about his dead mom or whatever :(

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

hory sheit what is gio;ing on

Alzabo
Oct 23, 2002

You watched it, you can't unwatch it.
he's gone, what is this feeling?

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

i am very tumescent

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
ok so my question is, having resigned as ceo does travis retain his 50%+ voting control from his magical "my votes count more than yours" share class? or does it revert to standard voting since he's no longer an executive, so now he's like 5-10%? if it doesn't, then in what sense has he meaningfully relinquished control of uber? operationally perhaps, but strategically?

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

gotta let builders build bro

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

poty posted:

wow he must be really sad about his dead mom or whatever :(

:jackbud:

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
man imagine being so bad you had to give up the one thing you were known for, completely voluntarily.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

mods change thread name to appreciation station

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
we did it everyone. good job.

JewKiller 3000 posted:

ok so my question is, having resigned as ceo does travis retain his 50%+ voting control from his magical "my votes count more than yours" share class? or does it revert to standard voting since he's no longer an executive, so now he's like 5-10%? if it doesn't, then in what sense has he meaningfully relinquished control of uber? operationally perhaps, but strategically?

of course he retains his voting power, otherwise he wouldn't have gone so quietly. we don't know what he negotiated to do this exit. the investors still want him in charge, they're happy with how the business is doing. they want to fix the constant stream of bad news from Uber's internal awfulness, which means getting him and any other sources of this culture out of there.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
is it okay to give uber money again

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Dongslayer. posted:

nah

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

they're doing all this because they've almost burned through another few bil in vc and the bonds they issues and will need more money pretty soon and since it takes like a year to put together an ipo that means either more investor money or more debt so they're polishing up for more investor storytime

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

glad travis will be able to spend more time with his hot tub

quote:

Travis Kalanick, chief executive officer of Uber, the San Francisco-based car-booking service, had better manners -- and impressed Sacca in other ways.

“Travis can spend eight to 10 hours in a hot tub,” Mr. Sacca said. “I’ve never seen a human with that kind of staying power in a hot tub.”

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dongslayer. posted:

it never was

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

travis is a man-sized fungal colony and he needs to spend large amounts of time in his spawning pool to maintain a human appearance

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/TheStalwart/status/877635153903796224

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Pinterest Mom posted:

lol he's probably sterile from that

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

why the heck would anyone want to spend 10 hours in a hot tub?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Cocoa Crispies posted:

lol he's probably sterile from that

you mean immune to spermjacking

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

fart simpson posted:

why the heck would anyone want to spend 10 hours in a hot tub?

Maybe he needs to sweat out a bunch of blow that's all I got

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

UBER
SOUND
ONLY

hackbunny fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Jun 22, 2017

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
anyone see this photo of travis yet?

this is his rich bro costume. the guy is 40 years old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative