Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what's gonna happen?
basically nothing (token management shuffles)
he goes 'on leave'
he finds a replacement then goes later this year
he quits and plays harry in the new third rock remake
he quits and becomes transportation secretary
gas thread, ban op
View Results

• Locked thread
The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Dislike button posted:

apple should buy them, raise prices and make the app iphone only

buying a google lawsuit is not a great idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
using his mom's death as an excuse is pretty gross

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i just don't understand how these people are in charge of anything

"hmm, the company i'm on the board of is under intense scrutiny for misogyny, what should I do?????? oh i know, launch a tepid zinger I heard on mad men. (what's that you say, mad men was being critical??)

turns out...

https://twitter.com/Techmeme/status/874800179911815170

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
they better not disrupt my ride to the airport

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
he's made more money from selling his previous company to Akamai than you will ever have.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

who eats dinner @ work anyways? graveyard shift?

sometimes when my wife has other plans I just take the free dinner at work because it's easier than making food for myself. when I was single I did it a lot more often. but never stay after eating and work more, that's a trap.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
we did it everyone. good job.

JewKiller 3000 posted:

ok so my question is, having resigned as ceo does travis retain his 50%+ voting control from his magical "my votes count more than yours" share class? or does it revert to standard voting since he's no longer an executive, so now he's like 5-10%? if it doesn't, then in what sense has he meaningfully relinquished control of uber? operationally perhaps, but strategically?

of course he retains his voting power, otherwise he wouldn't have gone so quietly. we don't know what he negotiated to do this exit. the investors still want him in charge, they're happy with how the business is doing. they want to fix the constant stream of bad news from Uber's internal awfulness, which means getting him and any other sources of this culture out of there.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Cocoa Crispies posted:

lol he's probably sterile from that

you mean immune to spermjacking

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
actually it's about ethics in tech journalism

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Silver Alicorn posted:

call an actual taxi

but actual taxis are awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Endless Mike posted:

i definitely know a lesbian couple that have a forester

forester is the most lesbian of all cars. especially one with a built-in dog cage in the back.

• Locked thread