Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I just wish it auto grabbed things like money when you bumped into it, I dunno why machinegames wants me to fix my crosshair on a single coin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

I like TNC but thought the combat was kind of crap when compared to Doom 2016. The game doesn't really reward you for going up close like Doom does. In doom projectiles are slow and can be dodged but TNC getting in close gets you shot.

I also thought the story had issues. In New Order going to the moon was a big deal that the game built you up for. In TNC you go to Venus but it cuts from "lets go to Venus" to being on venus so quickly it has all the gravitas of taking an elevator there.

Something I really don't like in young blood is when you stab a nazi the game doesn't bring back your gun. It often switches you go the knife and I see no reason to ever have the knife equipped when melee has its own key.

Also when you're dispatching a nazi with your knife and the game instead makes it a sequence where you wrestle the nazi for his gun or rifle to shot him with. Not very sneaky and you also stand there as all nearby nazis shot the crap out of you.

Eschenique fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Aug 12, 2019

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Finally finished the game. Probably the best $30 game I've ever played. The armor/gun matching mechanic was fine and added a bit of depth. I always tried to stealth every area, but mostly ended up in massive firefights. A++ would recommend.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Upcoming patches addressing a bunch of complaints: https://bethesda.net/community/topic/360204/upcoming-wolfenstein-youngblood-patches-offline-pause-difficulty-balance-and-more

quote:

Update 1.0.4

The team at Machine Games has been working on adding a pause function for Offline mode, as well as fixing several issues that players have encountered with achieving 100% game completion. We are targeting this update for later this week on PC, and a couple days later on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Stay tuned for further news on the Nintendo Switch version.

You can read the full patch notes for 1.0.4 below.

Update 1.0.5

In our 1.0.5 update, we are working to address a host of game difficulty and progression issues based on your feedback. This includes:

Additional checkpoints
Difficulty adjustments across the board, especially in boss fights
Addressing the feeling some players have expressed that some enemies feel like “bullet sponges”
Adding additional ammo throughout the game
An option to toggle enemy health bars on/off
Making it easier to get 100% game completion

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'd like a bit more specifics for "additional checkpoints" but if that includes putting a checkpoint right before the boss like they should have then maybe I'll consider reinstalling it

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

good. i feel like this might fix some of the issues i have with the game.

Eschenique posted:

I like TNC but thought the combat was kind of crap when compared to Doom 2016. The game doesn't really reward you for going up close like Doom does. In doom projectiles are slow and can be dodged but TNC getting in close gets you shot.

I also thought the story had issues. In New Order going to the moon was a big deal that the game built you up for. In TNC you go to Venus but it cuts from "lets go to Venus" to being on venus so quickly it has all the gravitas of taking an elevator there.

Something I really don't like in young blood is when you stab a nazi the game doesn't bring back your gun. It often switches you go the knife and I see no reason to ever have the knife equipped when melee has its own key.

Also when you're dispatching a nazi with your knife and the game instead makes it a sequence where you wrestle the nazi for his gun or rifle to shot him with. Not very sneaky and you also stand there as all nearby nazis shot the crap out of you.

I liked TNC but i agree with you. i did like the combat but i played on easy because screw it and it was still pretty fun. i think the problem with the story is it didn't allow for much game play replayability because it suffered from MGS4 syndrome all be it alot better written. plus it needed alot more locations.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I got all the collectibles in Youngblood because I kept wanting excuses to play it some more. Guess that means I like it.

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.
same.

But gathering collectibles on the brother towers sucked, since the individual levels seem to be on the same map.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
omg these girls are so annoying. who wrote the dialogue for them?

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
Anyone here have Youngblood on PS4 ? gauging this so I can see if its worthwhile picking it up or not at this point as it seems like its the kinda game I need (Goon)friends to enjoy..

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Is stealth even a viable option in this game, or am I just really lovely at it?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Xenomrph posted:

It's perfectly viable in a lot of places but not all, the main "good at stealth" vs "bad at stealth" difference is being able to see which is which though.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Xenomrph posted:

If you have the cloak skill and level up your hatchet throwing, you can go multiple areas just ganking dudes undetected.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Xenomrph posted:

I use stealth almost exclusively and it works very well. Upgraded throwing weapon will one shot almost any non-robot enemy at medium range. Even then they do so much damage that you can kill a bigger enemy by giving them 6 throwing knives in the face in a few seconds.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Melee and throwing are superb, especially against armored human enemies. That plus cloaking is good if you want to go (mostly) stealth.

Assault rifle and the shotgun are great in combat just like they were in TNC so those should be upgraded first. Machinepistols are a beast too once you get the akimbo upgrade for them. Laserkraftwerk is excellent against robot enemies (especially with the rapid fire mod) once you get it. Once you get the ability to carry heavy weapons the BFG the big boss robots drop is an automatic "I don't want to deal with this" button, especially during the boss fights against the same beefier robots.
Rest of the weapons are whatever. Pistol is all right but rather useless since headshots no longer instakill most enemies so you might want to go with the burst fire mod and spend the rest on Stier upgrades. Machinegun is still useless past the early game even upgraded, even the nailgun bullets upgrade is useless since they're so slow you may as well us anything else. The electric gun is neat against human enemies but you get it too late into the game.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

When/how do you even get the Kraftwerk weapons?

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Keep in mind that the pistol does heavy armour piercing type damage (like the assault rifle) and so works great in burst akimbo against robots :eng101:

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Xenomrph posted:

When/how do you even get the Kraftwerk weapons?

On the way to each brother boss there's one.

So far I found the laser and electric one. Yet to kill a brother but the guns are neat.

Upgraded the laser one to basically become the rail gun from "Eraser" and use it to snipe heavy armor nazis.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
is anyone else having a glitch where you don't do damage, no matter what gun you use? The only way to kill these armored guys is with a knife. I'm using the proper weapon and everything, it's just not destroying their armor.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I beat the game and am now just melting assholes with dual silenced fullauto handguns.

Game is good.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Is it possible to “max out” every skill? Or is there a limited number of skill points to go around?

Also, how do you get the keypad codes to use on those drone-deploying towers?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Xenomrph posted:

Is it possible to “max out” every skill? Or is there a limited number of skill points to go around?

I think those codes are found on floppy discs. Also yeah you can just keep grinding levels for more skill points.

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.

Xenomrph posted:

There is one city-wide code for them, and you get it like all the other codes: it's on a floppy disk.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

Xenomrph posted:

I think I'm currently 7 skill points away from maxxing out. And a few thousand coins away from having all the options on guns.

Next up I'll get all of the pep ups, Martial Arts has been my favorite one to use when I jump into games with randoms.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

mints posted:

I think I'm currently 7 skill points away from maxxing out. And a few thousand coins away from having all the options on guns.

Next up I'll get all of the pep ups, Martial Arts has been my favorite one to use when I jump into games with randoms.

I've been playing with a friend and she grabbed the Full Health pep-up and I bought Full Armor, they've saved our asses a lot.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Xenomrph posted:

I've been playing with a friend and she grabbed the Full Health pep-up and I bought Full Armor, they've saved our asses a lot.

I got full armor and my friend got +25 health. I've trying to get him to spend some silver on full health but no luck so far.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Eschenique posted:

I got full armor and my friend got +25 health. I've trying to get him to spend some silver on full health but no luck so far.

Tell your friend to suck it up, the full armor you bought is way more expensive than the full health he would be buying. :colbert:

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
The best setup is 2x Full Armor anyway

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Xenomrph posted:

Tell your friend to suck it up, the full armor you bought is way more expensive than the full health he would be buying. :colbert:

I got full armor for free with the game purchase :v:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Eschenique posted:

I got full armor for free with the game purchase :v:

Your friend doesn’t need to know that. :v:

And as I think about it, I bought the deluxe edition and entered the code that came with the game, but I don’t know that it actually did anything. Is there a way to check a history of redeemed codes on the Xbox?

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses
Patch 1.05 is now out, with such advanced features like pausing, and more checkpoints. https://beth.games/2Udz55A

quote:

PATCH HIGHLIGHTS

• Adjusted difficulty of all boss fights.
  • Enemies can now have their health bars toggled on or off in the Options menu. (This does not turn off armor types.)
  • Took a variety of actions to reduce the feeling of enemy “bullet sponginess”.
  • An amount of ammo for basic weapons is now replenished after a player respawns.
  • Added more special weapon ammo throughout more difficult areas.
  • Added duplicate tutorial laptops to the game to make 100% completion more attainable.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause some enemies in certain areas to spawn prematurely.
  • Increased the speed of switching between certain weapons to make it easier to adapt to enemy armor types.

BUG FIXES

• Client players can now explode Host player DKW charges by shooting them.
  • A data tape required to complete the Silent Outpost mission could go missing, preventing completion of the mission. This tape will now appear correctly for all players.
  • Equalized damage modifiers for all weapon classes and upgrades for Host and Client players. Previously a bug could cause one player to do a lot more damage with certain weapon types and upgrades.
  • The “available unlocks” and message could play despite there being active enemies. This will no longer occur.
  • Fixed a variety of timing bugs with completion events that could cause progression not to be saved in certain circumstances.
  • Co-op levers will now work much more reliably when playing solo.
  • Improved sister AI so that she gets out of the way of large enemies more often and improved ability to successfully heal the player when they are downed.

BALANCE CHANGES

• Tutorials not collected by players in Paris Streets sections 1 or 2 will now be present in Paris Streets section 3. This will allow players to backtrack from later sections of the game in order to get tutorials that count towards game completion percentage.
  • Added checkpoints to all Tower mission and Tower Guardian fights. Note that returning to the towers after completing the main missions will not have checkpoints.
  • Players who expend all lives and reset to the latest checkpoint will now find their base weapons refilled to at least 50% of ammo capacity. This will function with all ammo modifier skills and upgrades but does not affect special or heavy weapons.
  • Additional special weapon ammo has been added to all boss and guardian fights.
  • We have doubled the amount of damage done to armored enemies by the incorrect weapon type. This will result in enemies feeling much less absorptive of damage when the player has the wrong weapon equipped. We still highly encourage players to spend their silver to upgrade a variety of weapon types so as to maximize damage to tough enemies.
  • General Winkler has had his health lowered to be more in line with the difficulty of the Zeppelin level.
  • The Bombdog damage has been slightly lowered.
  • The base Shotgun, Autopistol, and SMG damage output has been increased to bring them in line with other basic weapons.
  • Tower Gate Guardians have had their level lowered in all Districts to better reflect the level of enemies inside the Towers. The Towers are still intended to be played by players level 20 or higher.
  • Added the ability to toggle “iron sights” on/off. This option can be found in the Controls menu.
  • Lowered controller rumble on Xbox One.
  • Added the option to turn off enemy health bars to the Gameplay options. Note that this will not turn off armor barriers or enemy level, so we recommend players have a high degree of familiarity with enemies before turning health bars off.
  • Added more than 20 additional duplicate tutorials to the Districts to allow for easier game completion as well as better coverage for new players.
  • Added a unique icon for Tutorial Computers when player has the correct Secrets Collector upgrade.
  • Lowered Lothar’s healthpoints during the “Penthouse” stage of the boss.
  • Made a variety of changes to Lothar’s accuracy and damage during his final stage.
  • Added an alarm and audio cue for the 4th Reich jet planes during the Lothar fight to give players more of a chance to dodge or shoot down the planes.
  • Reduced the number of missiles during the Lothar flight stage.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
I'm kinda glad I've delayed playing this one all the way through, these patches all sound pretty good to me.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Still nothing on changing the base mouse sensitivity in game? drat.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

New update is out which includes a new post-game mission/area, skills and drone/robot enemy types.

https://twitter.com/wolfenstein/status/1194291195515678720

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
picked this up in the steam sale, machinegames why you giving me color schemes for the armor but no extra hair styles

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses
https://twitter.com/wolfenstein/status/1199406942550142981

This sounds tasty, actually.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

drat, I made almost this exact thing to stuff my chicken roulade, apple would have been awesome in there.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
aside from a few minor complaints, this game is really fuckin good. think i might be enjoying this more than tnc

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
TNC has solid gunplay let down by bad damage feedback and a terrible alert system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Arcsquad12 posted:

TNC has solid gunplay let down by bad damage feedback and a terrible alert system

its also not paced as well. what feels like the half way mark of the game is like 2/3rds through.