Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I just realized that BJ's new jacket is Klaus's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
There's another interview with Giant Bomb, which is worth watching if only because poor Jens is very tired, very drunk and just wants to vape in a nice quiet corner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsvlGqdnqBs

One interesting thing mentioned is that the Big Choice this time around has more of a gameplay effect than it did last time around by changing your "signature weapon" - one path gets your old friend the Lazerkraftwerk, the other gets a different toy, the Dieselkraftwerk.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Wolfenstein is the greatest fps series and oh my God I'm so excited at all of this thanks for the great op

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Crabtree posted:

I'll be honest here, I'd have more fun killing Klansfucks when they're sniveling on the floor going "I'm not German, please don't kill me" or "we were just removing the garbage of America until a great white savior like you came". I also hope they have special death animations for being burned while also under their dumb robes.

It is encouraged to take a stand against Nazis and racists.

It's getting a little weird when you guys keep telling us how hard you are while doing so, tbh.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

poptart_fairy posted:

It's getting a little weird when you guys keep telling us how hard you are while doing so, tbh.

If they can't think up something along the lines of a Southern Mein Leiben as I gun them down in cold blood, is it even Wolfenstein anymore? I mean, there should at least be a new Buebi from Louisiana or something.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

echronorian posted:

Wolfenstein is the greatest fps series and oh my God I'm so excited at all of this thanks for the great op

Wolfenstein definitely holds a special place in my heart, since RTCW was the first FPS I really played on my own computer. I did a big RTCW->2009->TOB->TNO run when I bought the latter two and they're all great shooters in their own way.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

juggalo baby coffin posted:

you mean play as?
Nope. :smug:

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

poptart_fairy posted:

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Rebel Blob posted:

I'm guessing BJ gets decapitated sometime during the game, since there are plenty of scenes without the seam. Maybe in this scene, which you can see part of in the trailer:

I'm pretty sure the thing on his neck is part of his comms unit and that it was in TNO.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

The Kins posted:

There's another interview with Giant Bomb, which is worth watching if only because poor Jens is very tired, very drunk and just wants to vape in a nice quiet corner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsvlGqdnqBs

One interesting thing mentioned is that the Big Choice this time around has more of a gameplay effect than it did last time around by changing your "signature weapon" - one path gets your old friend the Lazerkraftwerk, the other gets a different toy, the Dieselkraftwerk.
So they all but confirmed mechahitler for end boss if they get to make a third game. Speaking of, that's got to take place in Russia, right?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Mordja posted:

So they all but confirmed mechahitler for end boss if they get to make a third game. Speaking of, that's got to take place in Russia, right?
I hope so, I really want to see their take on the Soviets.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Mordja posted:

Or Sweden.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
There are so many places you could have cool stuff in Wolfenstein. East Asia could be interesting, the Middle East, South America... Blazcowicz of Arabia could be a fun take.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Central/South Africa would be :krad: since they're still actively resisting and loving up Nazis on the regular. That's what the whole gibraltar bridge was built for was ferrying supplies to the African Front that still hadn't been resolved.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Bolow posted:

Central/South Africa would be :krad: since they're still actively resisting and loving up Nazis on the regular. That's what the whole gibraltar bridge was built for was ferrying supplies to the African Front that still hadn't been resolved.

That would be the only Wolfenstein where I absolutely wouldn't mind not playing as BJ. Make a totally original African War Hero, even if it ironically turns out to be Nelson Mandela.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got

Crabtree posted:

That would be the only Wolfenstein where I absolutely wouldn't mind not playing as BJ. Make a totally original African War Hero, even if it ironically turns out to be Nelson Mandela.
(Spoilers for TNO)
http://wolfenstein.wikia.com/wiki/Bombate ?

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I wonder if "Elite Hans" in the toy commercial refers to an actual character in the game. At first I thought it was just a callback to Hans Grosse from the original/2009, but the figure happens to have a prosthetic limb, and Frau could use a new Bubi...

Jager from The Old Blood was a lot of fun, so I'd be totally down for another take on the Evil Nazi Musclehead for BJ to butt heads with.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Yeah, something like that, but entirely from Africans and Afrikaans perspective. BJ can still be there and be like that character, but I'd love if they liberated themselves from Nazi oppression.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

mllaneza posted:

"There are a lot of things you can do with a hatchet and a Nazi."

When I first read your post, I thought you were mentioning something BJ said in a gameplay trailer. Hearing it come from the devs themselves is all kinds of heartwarming :kimchi:

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Crabtree posted:

Yeah, something like that, but entirely from Africans and Afrikaans perspective. BJ can still be there and be like that character, but I'd love if they liberated themselves from Nazi oppression.

Better yet, I'd love to see a game where black Africans liberate the entire world from Nazis.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Woah slow down there, don't want to piss off the alt-right too much.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Pendent posted:

Better yet, I'd love to see a game where black Africans liberate the entire world from Nazis.

Technically, if the final economic and political grip of said Nazi regime is its stranglehold in Africa, they sort of will anyway! But save that for the next game/side game.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

David D. Davidson posted:

Woah slow down there, don't want to piss off the alt-right too much.
Or the alt-left.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Scalding Coffee posted:

Or the alt-left.

that's not even a thing, you dipshit

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Pendent posted:

lmao Jesus Christ

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

dmboogie posted:

that's not even a thing, you dipshit
It has been for months. Sorry someone had to tell you.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
All the Wolfsenstein games are on sale on Steam. If for some reason you haven't played the The New Order or The Old Blood you can fix this mistake for :10bux: each.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

poptart_fairy posted:

recent events have given a lot of folks a raging murder-boner towards Nazis, and I think it's kind of inevitable you're gonna see them taking that out in a Wolfenstein thread, hth

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
You should always have a murder-boner towards Nazis and KKK, if your heart was in the right place.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Don't engage Scalding Coffee, he's a brokebrain alt-righter/ poe's law troll- he got probated of the steam thread for this poo poo too.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

ChickenHeart posted:

I wonder if "Elite Hans" in the toy commercial refers to an actual character in the game. At first I thought it was just a callback to Hans Grosse from the original/2009, but the figure happens to have a prosthetic limb, and Frau could use a new Bubi...

Elite Hans is a riff on GI Joe, it's the name of the toy line.

I hope they actually work some of the Nazi TV into the game. You can't make a character like Blitzmensch and NOT have BJ give some running commentary on it. I'm not sure I want to know what the "...or Else!" is, though. :scared:

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

recent events have given a lot of folks a raging murder-boner towards Nazis, and I think it's kind of inevitable you're gonna see them taking that out in a Wolfenstein thread, hth

Gonna be honest, when I saw the new game was about purging the white supremacists and Nazis from America I got a little patriotic flutter in my heart :911:

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

kefkafloyd posted:

Elite Hans is a riff on GI Joe, it's the name of the toy line.

I hope they actually work some of the Nazi TV into the game. You can't make a character like Blitzmensch and NOT have BJ give some running commentary on it. I'm not sure I want to know what the "...or Else!" is, though. :scared:

There were a couple news articles in TNO about the not-Beatles so we'll probably have something similar here. I certainly hope at least that BJ gets to see the Terror Billy action figure, it would be a huge missed opportunity if not.

In other news, there's a lengthy article about the first level of The New Colossus, don't click if you abhor spoilers for the first 20 minutes of a game: http://www.gameinformer.com/games/w...ody-sequel.aspx

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
If they do go ahead with experimenting on people and cyberization, I want to see nods to Bionic Commando.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Scalding Coffee posted:

If they do go ahead with experimenting on people and cyberization, I want to see nods to Bionic Commando.

Machinegames is Swedish, GRIN was Swedish, hopefully there's some cross-pollenation there.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

kefkafloyd posted:

Machinegames is Swedish, GRIN was Swedish, hopefully there's some cross-pollenation there.

If I'm not mistaken, most of the old GRIN people are at Overkill now, and there's several nods in that direction in Payday 2.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I think it is possible to have a murder boner towards Nazis without talking about the literal boners regarding violence they want to inflict, hth.

Really it's just kind of irritating seeing all news by the game drowned out by floods of people running in to talk about how they're going to hand it those :smug: Trump Voters :smug: for the seventeenth time. Dead horses, etc.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

poptart_fairy posted:

I think it is possible to have a murder boner towards Nazis without talking about the literal boners regarding violence they want to inflict, hth.

Really it's just kind of irritating seeing all news by the game drowned out by floods of people running in to talk about how they're going to hand it those :smug: Trump Voters :smug: for the seventeenth time. Dead horses, etc.

Ever been chased out of a creepy southern hick town by actual uniformed klansman? Without a doubt the most terrifying experience of my life. Forgive me if I like to achieve some form of catharsis as I helplessly watch while people who share those ideals slowly take everything over. :rolleyes:

Anyway, it's kind of a small thing but I hope we get a rocket or grenade launcher weapon. If they're gonna do the old school pistol, shotgun, rifle, etc weapons setup you GOTTA have a big bada boom.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Catharsis is good, friend, using every opportunity at once to talk about how much violence gets you erect is rather weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
I am oh so very excited for this, just to play some more Wolfenstein. Between TNO, TOB, and DOOM shooters have been great the past few years. As a friend of mine said, Bethesda should let ID or Machine games do a Fallout spinoff, like some brotherhood of steel rear end in a top hat in power armor.

I also want to echo the sentiment that Wolf09 is a great loving game, and is my favorite Wolf game after TNO. It had a great World War Weird feel, and was really varied in the levels, from farm (with underground bunker) mental hospital, airship in the sky, etc.