Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Dual wielding the snipers set on laser mode was basically i win mode with near unlimited ammo i found

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I would just like to go on record saying that I'm pro bombate and commandant uglyfaces daughter committing white genocide

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Nazi Mars base

Deimos lab

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Doom 5, the demons wear swastika armbands

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
reading that i assumed they meant cheating to get gold coins for skins instead of shelling out real money

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
picked this up in the steam sale, machinegames why you giving me color schemes for the armor but no extra hair styles

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
aside from a few minor complaints, this game is really fuckin good. think i might be enjoying this more than tnc

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I can't say i had damage feedback issues but yeah i had quit for the night at the helicarrier fight in tnc, not realizing i was ten minutes from the end of the main game because lol it didn't feel like it

I don't even know how I'm supposed to get more enigma codes to unlock the last few ubercommandos now

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I feel like introducing multiple dimensions but not including a bfg skin for the uberhammer is a missed opportunity for some cross ip synergy

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
if you mean tnc i just bought it off steam and played through it this last weekend no problem. maybe google the crash, i had one with youngblood because i had set the image streaming too high and it was trying to allocate more vram than i had

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i cant lie, ive dumped over 60 hours into youngblood, but tnc just fuckin ends and tbh i did all the extra ubercommando missions for completions sake, not because i really wanted to

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
afaik no cutscenes play at 144 in any idtech 6 game whether thats any wolf game or doom 16

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
oh sorry, i must have missed the "realtime" i thought you meant the regular cutscenes

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
my second playthrough of tnc ended up unintentionally being mostly run and gun because i was trying to play fast and kept flubbing the stealth. i played on medium and though there were some moments that i ended up dying a few times, i particularly remember venus here, it was still solid. the reload points for me iirc it was really just a matter of, once you get a feel for the types of enemies in that area, knowing which weapon to use at a given time and using your laserkraftwerk for the mechs but not going overboard and running out of ammo for it. also remember you do have grenades. i forgot that a lot

i think that one area of the game specifically not designed for run and gun is the final ubercommando bunker where you operate in complete darkness the entire way though. but that mission sucked anyways and i wouldnt recommend bothering to play it

site fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Feb 10, 2020

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm not sure what you mean by forced action moments but yeah in general youngbloods pretty fun

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Odddzy posted:

Where you can't do stealth. You know, forced action.

Well with the addition of cloaking there's more opportunity to stealth than the previous games, but yeah it's still the same basic gameplay cycle of stealth > flub stealth > run and gun. And there are "boss" battles and areas with giant mechs that are just impossible to kill via stealth kills. Don't expect to be able to stealth your way through the whole game

Arcsquad12 posted:

Having not played Youngblood either does the game still have the New Colossus style alarm and officer mechanics or did they rebalance it to not be bullshit?

It's the officer/alarm mechanic but you're always strong enough to where the extra waves aren't really ever an issue. I'm not sure how it worked in tnc but in youngblood I think there's a max of 2 or 3 extra waves before the radio tells them there's no more guys to send

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
afaik there is no map to open, just the minimap.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Arcsquad12 posted:

The dimension hopping in Wolf 3 is gonna be weird.

im curious as to whether there will be a wolf easter egg in doom eternal

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
its been up on steam

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Arcsquad12 posted:

The second half of the game doesn't entirely fall apart because the gameplay is much improved with the supersoldier upgrades but man does the pacing go out the window. Grace goes from weeping about Spesh to planning an assault on New Orleans to suddenly sidelining New Orleans for a sidequest to Manhattan in a matter of minutes. You can really tell that the enigma machine and the ubercommander hunts were tacked on at the last minute to pad out the runtime and they just torch any sense of plot progression. You either do them right away and Anya pesters you about getting to New Orleans on time or you leave them for later in which case you go straight from New Orleans to Venus and suddenly you're two minutes from the end of the game.

:hmmyes:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i thought the toilet thing and the subsequent gag where max beats set at chess were hilarious. the birthday party cutscene too

and yeah ive been fairly impressed with how the idtech 6 games dont need excessively bonkers hardware to look great while running at very high fps

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
the enigma machine is literally just press left/right to match the symbol and hit enter tho

e: having to replay missions to farm enigma codes was bad and dumb

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i tried about 30 seconds of it until the youtube man started naturally assuming that the next wolf game is gonna undo the entire series via alt reality shenanigans

personally i just figured it was a nice doom crossover tease

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Seems like it would be pretty dumb on machinegames' part to not have 3 take place post tnc so you can kill hitler, but even with that one page it sounds like in other dimensions bj is killing nazis so i dont get what the big deal is

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i have to admit ive played all 3 (3.5??) games multiple times and never once played the wyatt timeline lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
wyatt just came off as extremely loving annoying (esp his voice, sorry dude but its true ) and i never wanted to deal with a whole game of that, let alone two

i did watch the cutscenes with jimi on youtube tho

GUI posted:

check achievement statistics

whats really depressing is looking at the achievement stats for beating any of the games at all. oof

site fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Mar 14, 2020