Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

busb posted:

Is there going to be multiplayer in this new wolf game? Will it be bad like ET or great like RtCW?

RtCW was a high mark in online gaming. That level of variety in roles and diversity of objectives wouldn't be matched again until, for me anyway, TF2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

If TNC combines TNO's narrative design with TOB's player driven level and gameplay it will quite literally be the greatest game ever made. Being able to gun down Nazi sympathizer KKK fuckfaces is just a sweet cherry on top.

Shooting a Nazi is always the feel-good moment of your day. Until the next one. Adding Klansmen as opponents victims can only add to the joy.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Mordja posted:

We've been tricked guys. Wolfenstein:TNC isn't an FPS, it's a walking simulator where BJ Blaskowitz is an undercover reporter who needs to axe the hard questions.

"There are a lot of things you can do with a hatchet and a Nazi."

Game Design 101 right there, that's the good stuff.

And the Klan ? I want bad guys in white robes with guns to shoot at.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

GUI posted:

The ending of the franchise should just be a recreation of that Heil Honey. I'm Home episode.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

kefkafloyd posted:

RTCW with OSP, 7v7 mp_base is the distilled perfection of multiplayer team-based FPS and nothing since has matched or exceeded it.

Testify brother, testify.

Although pulling off a minimum time win on mp_beach was always deeply satisfying.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

They'd build super tech and it would be, like, a huge zeppelin and it gets shot out of the sky by a wing of mustangs.

Mustangs from the 332nd Fighter Group of course.

Tuskegee Airmen

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Paingod556 posted:

Shermans were more capable than Panzer IVs and almost as much as the 10 ton heavier Panther. Strategically, they were far and away a better investment than Tigers. Not in terms of 'you have more tanks', but the fact you could rely on them to actually show up and do things. And the yanks could even give them better optics and stabilizers, and make them the least flammable tanks of the war.
The point is, Wehraboos who claim 'German Steel uber alles' are divorced from reality, and I love how nu-Wolf has played with that

Here's a good discussion on how hosed up German tank production was. One key fact, an M4 Sherman took about 10,000 man hours to produce; a T34 about 40,000, and a Tiger 300,000. The Tiger had 250 modifications to the base design in a 2-year, 1347 unit production run. These changes didn't get phased in in "blocks" or batches,, so about every 6 tanks (or 3 days) they'd change something about the design. A logistical and production nightmare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6xLMUifbxQ&t=1581s

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

That's a negative, all of the Machinegames Wolfenstein games are single player only.

I'd love to see more Wolfenstein multiplayer. RtcW MP was incredible amounts of fun.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

Early spoilers:

Who is voicing BJ's dad? He sounds super loving familiar and I can't place him.

I don't see him on IMDB, and he really does sound familiar.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

NecroMonster posted:

man i wanna kill some loving nazis already

How about this guy ?

quote:

Originally posted by Electric Gigolo:
Also remember that nearly 600,000 German people(that we know of) who were murdered and millions displaced after WWII. To this day it's still the largest ethnic cleansing of people in human history. People of German decent were murdered and pushed out of eastern bloc countries. The Polish were especially brutal.

All of this for a time was forgotten. History it seems really is written by the victors.

:commissar:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

1stGear posted:

Should have sent a poet.

Apparently the poets are all on the marketing team.

Also, Daily Stormer links for anyone wanting their Nazi salt straight from the source:

https://dailystormer.ai/tag/wolfenstein/