Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Playing New Order right now, because gently caress it, I have some time. I have to say, it is quite good. One thing that just put a big smile on my face was the 'nightmare'. I played the original Wolfenstein back when it was new, so that was a nice callback.

So far, I am basically split between stealth killing with throwing knives, and mowing down people with double rifles/shotguns. Very fun. Game looks great too.

I feel like the weakest part of the game is the cutscenes. They aren't particularly high quality, and I am not a fan of taking control away from a player in order to tell story.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Jun 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Yeah, I definitely enjoy that aspect of the game. It isn't just a quicksave-quickload simulator, like what you tend to see with other games involving stealth.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Finished youngblood co-op with a friend. The whole thing took a hair under eight hours. Overall, I am pretty lukewarm on it. The environments were well put together and the gunplay was decent, but the non-story missions were extremely repetitive. Even the main four story 'attack the tower' missions were very similar to each other. The plot was pretty nonsensical, and I didn't find the twins particularly endearing. By the end I was hoping that the conclusion would be robo-hitler coming back to life and murdering both of them.

Microtransactions are totally a non-thing. There is plenty of silver to upgrade your weapons and such, and the bars aren't necessary at all.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jul 27, 2019

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Rocket Pan posted:

Did anybody else have trouble with what I presume to be the final boss fight? We get through phase one fine, but then phase two starts and a gunship just instakills us. We don't seem to have any way of stopping that.
Halp.
We had to do a lot of running around the pillars for cover. Both of us had 200 max health and armor. One of us had the full health inspiration, and the other one had the full armor inspiration. We were pretty much just hitting the inspirations any time they came up, or any time one of us had to revive the other.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Rocket Pan posted:

That's the developer console, press the `/~ key, same as dev consoles in any other game.

Ah, hmm. We might be a smidge underleveled then. Gee I hope it's possible to return to the hub.
I want to say we were level 36ish or so when we won? We did most of the sidequests, and steam says I spent 7.9 hours total playing the game.