Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I saved Fergus because I thought Wyatt was a pretty fresh recruit aka doesn't have any particular skills, also Fergus was my friend before the mission started.

site posted:

whats really depressing is looking at the achievement stats for beating any of the games at all. oof

Payday 2 is a great one because there are stats for starting any mission (85.8%) and for beating any mission, any mission at all on any difficulty (78.6%).

e:

GUI posted:

Wolfenstein The New Order doesn't really have any more bite when it comes to social commentary than The New Colossus does and I think it's one of those things where Bethesda's opportunistic marketing messed with people's perception of the game. J's cutscene in TNO is relegated to a character most people didn't choose and can be easily missed if you don't go to J's room and interact with the bench. TNC is more overt since it's a core part of the main story even if it doesn't go too far with it as the game is ultimately BJ's origin story and rebirth and also a big budget game which doesn't want to scare anyone off. There's some cynical stuff, even in the happier second half of the game, in the collectibles and and idle conversations, but it's tucked away where most people won't see them, eg. things like the idle conversation between a Nazi commander and regular mook about people in the US seeing jewish and colored people as inferior. Which no one will hear because you need to stealth through the entire last section of the bunker Ubercommander mission and it doesn't play again if you don't.

Apologies if it's been posted a million times but I really like the Jacob Geller video about Judaism in Wolfenstein

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQQdnve5fQk

Tulip fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Mar 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU