Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Humerus posted:

I totally go in for the super science stuff more than the occult, like all the weird poo poo in Strasse's lab was way cooler than the zombie stuff in the later part of the game. But even then in Wolf '09 remember that Strasse was trying (and succeeding) to harness the Dark Sun energy for more super science shannanigans over just, I guess, directly unleashing the Dark Sun beasts (even though that ended up happening).

I'm like fairly sure she had the power armor at the end of the last game, so there's hope. She was supposedly dead at the end of '09 too.

I love it's canon Hitler got sick of all this magic poo poo wasting time, so just gave Strasse a blank cheque for robots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I wonder if the power suit will be customization at all, or if it's just a story related thing you only get to use when the story says so.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Crabtree posted:

I'll be honest here, I'd have more fun killing Klansfucks when they're sniveling on the floor going "I'm not German, please don't kill me" or "we were just removing the garbage of America until a great white savior like you came". I also hope they have special death animations for being burned while also under their dumb robes.

It is encouraged to take a stand against Nazis and racists.

It's getting a little weird when you guys keep telling us how hard you are while doing so, tbh.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

recent events have given a lot of folks a raging murder-boner towards Nazis, and I think it's kind of inevitable you're gonna see them taking that out in a Wolfenstein thread, hth

I think it is possible to have a murder boner towards Nazis without talking about the literal boners regarding violence they want to inflict, hth.

Really it's just kind of irritating seeing all news by the game drowned out by floods of people running in to talk about how they're going to hand it those :smug: Trump Voters :smug: for the seventeenth time. Dead horses, etc.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Catharsis is good, friend, using every opportunity at once to talk about how much violence gets you erect is rather weird.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I suspect the focus will be on more tech stuff from now on, with occasional dips into the supernatural like in Old Blood.

That said I would not be opposed to the idea of a mech-magic Deathshead.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Might be talking about Wolf '09, with the inter-dimensional stuff and tentacle monsters masquerading as fat Nazis.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

White Coke posted:

I'd like a DLC where you play as other characters, maybe set during the time BJ is in a coma.

Caroline DLC. Press F to control breathing.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Typical slacktivist, berating the man who's doing something positive for the world while only ever sitting at home, strumming on his guitar. :colbert:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
It's hilarious that, in her own words, she felt guilty for not being strong enough to fight Nazis directly - hence all the poison, "accidents" and so on.

Come TNC and she's, what, seven months pregnant and running in to stab Nazis to death during open conflict. :v:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So far the theories that BJ is a decapitated head remind me of all the crazy story ideas in Deux Ex, that Jensen was totally a clone and was being mind controlled to follow specific orders.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

also: not even 10 posts and the thread incel already quips about it :thumbsup:

what

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
A few of the unused variations of certain tracks are great, and have worked their way onto my phone. The ambient music is fantastic.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
That's been Guy Richie thing for a while.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Eh, I liked it as a capstone to the mystical stuff in previous Wolf games. Zombie skeleton mage Nazis are pretty awesome, but going in a new direction made it all fresh again. I did love how smug Deathshead was about the gently caress-ups of his magic counterparts.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I assume that's where the Hitler and Goebbels dual boss fight comes in.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, if you don't think their marketing team hasn't been playing into the outrage you're being pretty naïve at this point. It clicks with a lot of people and results in zero negative publicity from groups that anyone legitimately cares about.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Wolfenstein: Blood Soaked Titties ITT.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
http://www.pcgamer.com/wolfenstein-2-the-new-colossus-review/

81%, seems to more of the same TNO with a few twists, and the exploration of racism is apparently quite front loaded - tapering out pretty quick after the early levels.

No clue how consistent that is with other reviews.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Why not buy one copy of the game as planned then find something to volunteer for which has an actual impact against America's nazis.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

McSpanky posted:

"goddamn internet slacktivists, why aren't you out there fighting the good fight instead of wasting your effort on stupid games made by THE MAN"

*posts same tirade in multiple threads during work hours*

A mildly irritating observation posted in the same amount of threads as your strawman, friend.

Giving Machine Games lots of money is not a progressive thing. Saying this is not mutually exclusive with the idea that mad Nazis are funny.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

suddenlyissoon posted:

This makes me want to buy the game on every single platform at full price just to support them.

Cowcaster posted:

if you want to talk strawmen i'm pretty sure the only people who are declaring that purchasing a videogame is a legitimate and productive form of political activism are the ones you've invented in your head buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Criticising a game for being cutscene heavy doesn't make someone a Nazi or white supremacist, jesus Christ guys.