Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
So, does anyone know why there was a cat headed monkey watching trailers in the new trailer? Like, was that an element I missed in the last game, one of Death Heads experiments?

BexGu posted:

Doom had a low point or two but Wolfenstein def was lucky to a few good developers that understood how fun the gameplay of "WW2....but with mystical elements" FPS could be. That and giving time between games instead of just cranking out sequels non-stop.

I wouldn't say that really helped. The Mysical elements were never stronger than in the 2008 Wolfenstein Reboot, and that game sucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

BexGu posted:

It was something to push it beyond just another WW2 game. Having side stories/mission on the weird mystical poo poo of the Nazi regime opened up the possibility of new and different enemies instead of just difference human soldiers. The new Era of Wolfenstein is all about combining that with mad scientist high tech.

Even to that I'd say no, the real identity, the soul of the game, has always been weird sci-fi nazi stuff, and thats been in there since the first game when you killed Mecha-Hitler. There's a reason that this:

Is one of the most well known final bosses in gaming.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Humerus posted:

The monkey-cat thing people are predicting is a tie-in to BJ possibly having his head on a new body. There's a shot in the trailer where BJ has a metal seam looking thing on his neck, but that could also be the power armor from the first game. Maybe.

And Wolf '09 ruled. The farm level! Crashing a Zeppelin!

...which body conceived the kids?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Bolow posted:

I'm sad that the bad rear end resistance lady is very likely dead in the new game :smith:

I'm not. She died as this unstoppable force of nazi-killing vengeance, taking down the symbols of Nazi supremacy, and given back her legs. There would be no better moment for her to die than that.

Pigbuster posted:

I love the amount of goofy crap in that trailer, it's made me super excited for this, and I haven't even played any of the previous games. Monkey cat. Bulletproof pyramid head-esque armor. What looks like combat stilts. A guy playing a clarinet in the middle of a firefight what the gently caress that is downright Lynchian levels of "characters that behave in nonsensical yet oddly appealing ways". I really hope there's no explanation for that clarinet.

My favorite part is probably scoring it to "Danke Schoen". There just something about scoring a games chaotic action to an older song that just really tickles me.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

poptart_fairy posted:

I love it's canon Hitler got sick of all this magic poo poo wasting time, so just gave Strasse a blank cheque for robots.

Someone actually gave an explanation for that. If you're putting your money into looking for magical artifacts, than at best you're only going to have so many of those artifacts to go around, so you can't just give one to all your troops. Meanwhile, the benefit of science is that its reproducible, so you can outfit all of your soldiers with insane high tech fiery robot dogs.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Humerus posted:

The Old Blood implies that BJ did kill Hitler and he was resurrected as a zombie, probably a figure head more than anything.

Sounds about right. There are logs in New Order where they nearly put the Beatles to death for not Heiling Hitler before a concert, but that doesn't necessitate hi m being alive.

THough you'd wonder why their first idea would be "zombies" and not, I dunno, a body double?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Have they announced which of the girls is Commander Keens mother yet? Just trying to figure out the family tree.