Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

General Battuta posted:

On my last TNO play through I found a 'targeting scope' upgrade for the LKW with a really modest description, something like "it highlights enemies and tells you how many shots you need to kill them."

Well it also discharges those shots instantly, meaning you can delete riot Nazis with one peek :stare:

It can also target like 3 or 4 enemies at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Werix posted:

One is the one for throwing back grenades; I was never good at it.

Throw your grenades at your feet and then at enemies

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Cardboard Box A posted:

Wait does it REALLY need a 4GB video card, minimum?

Doom didn't

If that's true I won't be able to run it :s

Pretty crazy CPU requirements too, the recommended CPU for DOOM is now minimum? i5 is below min spec now, geez.

Also, aren't those rec and min CPU's really close in general game performance?

Sininu fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Oct 24, 2017

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

How do you play Wolf 2? It keeps crashing in the first cutscene. Usually right after I make the choice, rarely before the choice. But if it gets past that it crashes two minutes later.
It this the game?

I have 2070S and 3700X and async compute turned off.

Also I hate how the dog is panting with its mouth closed in the intro I can't get past.

Sininu fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jan 5, 2020

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Turning off deferred rendering solved the crashes. Now another issue is that water is completely invisible. What a crappy game. DOOM 16 had zero tech issues for me.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

I reached the part at Areas 52 where I would be soon planting a nuke, died and now after reloading the last save I get this error:

Trying to load again crashes the game.
Is my save and progress busted?

I googled this and it seems like it was only fixed on PS4...

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Mordja posted:

I got pretty lucky but I know the game was real buggy at launch. I actually did get my save corrupted but that was during the post-game so I didn't really care, would have thought they'd fixed it.

Thankfully loading the earliest autosave I had worked and I got past. Woo-hoo.

Anyone else noticed certain elements in the realtime cutscenes are 30 fps? The "lawyer" cutscene has a book, gag mask and a whole characters at that frame rate. Super jarring when everything else is 140 fps.

Sininu fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jan 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

site posted:

afaik no cutscenes play at 144 in any idtech 6 game whether thats any wolf game or doom 16

It was at least putting out 140 frames per second.

Do you mean the animations are running at 60? They may be. Still, my jarring observation stands.