Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Panadol posted:

I'm glad nearly 30 years on, we're still excited for Wolfenstein and Doom

Doom had a low point or two but Wolfenstein def was lucky to a few good developers that understood how fun the gameplay of "WW2....but with mystical elements" FPS could be. That and giving time between games instead of just cranking out sequels non-stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Fulchrum posted:

So, does anyone know why there was a cat headed monkey watching trailers in the new trailer? Like, was that an element I missed in the last game, one of Death Heads experiments?

I wouldn't say that really helped. The Mysical elements were never stronger than in the 2008 Wolfenstein Reboot, and that game sucked.

It was something to push it beyond just another WW2 game. Having side stories/mission on the weird mystical poo poo of the Nazi regime opened up the possibility of new and different enemies instead of just difference human soldiers. The new Era of Wolfenstein is all about combining that with mad scientist high tech.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Samopsa posted:

I think the later levels suffered from cuts at the end of development, you see this in a lot of AAA/AA-games.
The music is a really good point, the TNO soundtrack is amazing, just like DOOM's, and they made a good choice by pumping up the audio volume in DOOM compared to TNO.

Considering the research that shows just how little people actually finish games I don't blame a company putting a ton of effort into the front half of a game and then kind of dwindling towards the end.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

If BJ died at the end of the last game, I can see them experimenting on his body to bring him back.

Becasue Nazis are dumb and that's the kind of thing they would do.

Probably trying to bring him back as a evil clone to hunt down the Americans Resistance.