Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I cannot wait for this game. I kinda want to play this whole thing with Mick Gordon's "BFG Division" playing the entire time. On really super loud. And it makes me want to play Quake Champions as a bewildered dual shotgun wielding Nazi-killing badass.

Also has it been mentioned that BJ is the direct ancestor to The DOOMslayer? :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Yeah according to The Doom Bible he's Doomguy's grandpa or something, right? Great grandfather?

Like great great Grandfather. And Commander Keen is a great grandfather to Doomguy. I like to believe that after BJ and his kin throw the last Nazi in a volcano, Jewish SuperMagiScience and Nazi reversed tech enable eventual Mars colonization. All run by an evil possibly Nazi influenced corporation obsessed with Hell energy. In comes Doomguy to pick up the family business.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

OAquinas posted:

Press J for the journal. Perks tab. Gives you an exact counter for each one.

Tip for the helmets: If you've maxed your armor and there are still more helmets around, blow up a fire extinguisher while standing next to it.

I always liked to imagine that on those times all I find are helmets BJ is just covered head to toe in them, giving me a reason why I sometimes sucked at stealth making so much noise clanking around wearing an armored vest of just helmets and leg armor that's helmets, my fists covered in a helmet each hand.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Arcsquad12 posted:

Maybe instead of BJ getting decapitated by the Nazis, Set offers to give him a new body because his old body is completely wrecked.

It looks like it goes two ways, you could get the mech suit or new body. I'd think possibly that guy with a carved up head that just repeats himself. Maybe he gets wounded again in the head but the rest of his body is still good, in comes Set Roth boom new brauny body for BJ.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Awwww gently caress yes, BJ is from Texas :clint:! Hard drinkin, a decent drawl TEXAN MURDER MACHINE, who's half Jewish no less. Would this make BJ alternate reality Kinky Friedman? Also this means canonically DoomGuy has Texan blood flowing in his veins killing Hellspawn :rock:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Rookersh posted:

The problem I ran into is there is genuinely not a single scrap of humanity in that man, and murdering him felt SUPER crazy as an action. Like in the escalation world that Wolf inhabits it's fine, but it's also a huge leap.

Like Machinegames does great characters. Grace presents herself in a very specific way initially but she grows in a completely different way, Spesh is insane but also a caring father. There are tons of well written people in Wolfenstein.

Even Engel and Deathshead had some humanization to them, albeit showing them as still awful people.

Rip was just all bad all the time. He never did a single good thing in his life. Even his humanizing moment showed BJ as terrified of him.

It feels like at some point they should have had him say he didn't sell out Zofia and she's in hiding, who do you think he is. Or SOMETHING.

Especially because it's really hard not to agree with initial meeting Grace that America is beyond saving. The Nazis rounded up all the Jews, Blacks, Latinos, Queer and Disabled people and nobody disagreed at all? There wasn't any sort of action against that? Like gently caress man, I get the white centrist MLK speech vibe, but having basically 40% of America rounded up and killed is a loving turning point if there ever should be one. How do you save the sad loving sacks that let that happen, what is "America" after that.

Having even Rip say "I'm a full loving Nazi but at least I still had something resembling American values." would have helped show there is something to actually save here.

Nah gently caress that poo poo I've known about men like Rip, they're vile and disgusting and have no redeeming qualities. How they got such a SPOT ON character like him gives me dread, because I live in Texas and men like Rip aren't few. Maybe as a Texan I see the pathetic part of him in the sense he's so sad and wrapped up in the value of his name and dejected because he cannot and will not change with the times because that is a very very real thing. gently caress Rip.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Arcsquad12 posted:

BJ is like 70 but I guess having a nazi cyborg clone body makes you pretty much immortal

Only his head is 69 (guitar wail), his body is probably around 40, if the Nazi/Jewish Super Science tech was built to last. I'm sure Anya has been getting grrreeeaat mileage out of it. :heysexy:

Moar Nazi punching for 2019! All day err day! GET PSYCHED

Jiro fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Mar 27, 2019

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Donovan Trip posted:

If it's another cover based shooter with bland levels and all they've added is wacky characters yelling "smash the Nazis LOL" I'll pass. Really hoping they learned something from Doom 2016.

That's the difference between DOOM and Wolf. Wolf you're essentially an unstoppable murder machine that happens to have an affinity for dog food and whose armor is primarily made from scraps and helmets. You're fragile, which means you have to either be insanely precise with your kills or be fast enough when you go balls out that when you have barely a sliver of health left everyone is for sure dead.

There is a little more breathing room in DOOM demons give you health if you Rip and Tear them enough or turn into ammo pinatas when you chainsaw them to death because....... future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

site posted:

i thought the toilet thing and the subsequent gag where max beats set at chess were hilarious. the birthday party cutscene too

and yeah ive been fairly impressed with how the idtech 6 games dont need excessively bonkers hardware to look great while running at very high fps

:smug: All thanks to MEGATEXTURES