Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
Don't worry brick and mortar retail probably won't exist much longer except for maybe Walmart, Kroger, and Target.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

Romes128 posted:

Why would this even exist

Just ask lawrefs commenter Melissa T., who walked out of a store with a 15-pack of beer for a net $1.79 and still believes she is entitled to further compensation:

http://www.lawrefs.com/michigan-scanner-law-update/

I honestly don't know how some stores keep physical signage/stickers lined up with system pricing given the frequency of sales and price fluctuation. There are no controls in the law against serial "victims," and oddly enough, it doesn't address scanner errors that work in the buyer's favor.

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
In recent years I've noticed that it's apparently impossible to replace me with someone willing to work the same hours, as insane as that sounds, so until the day comes they actually do find that person I've found that I've been getting away with a lot more which is one perk of being stuck there for so long I guess. For one thing, I've realized which kinds of customers I can yell at (or talk sternly to) without having to worry about the usual LET ME SPEAK TO YOUR MANAGER ramifications. Although even after it's come to that on a couple of occasions, I still get away without any real punishment or consequence.
Anyway, these customers include:

Small children unaccompanied by a parent.
Kids ranging from middle school to high school.
and certain foreigners.

I feel bad about the last one, but I got really sick of the Mexican guy who would come in shortly before closing and even try to use the bathroom BEFORE making his purchase. One night at about five minutes to closing I said "No, you know what? We are closed. Stop coming it at five to eleven." Now I see him at ten of. It's something at least.

e: and yes, nine times out of ten it's to ask people to stop playing with the loving revolving door.
and once I had to tell this small child named "Xandir" to "please leave me alone" because he was intruding on my register space. Felt good to wipe that kid's smile off. Why isn't your dumb mom watching you and telling you to not bug strangers?

Starman Super DX fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jun 13, 2017

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

My boss tells me to go into the bathroom to initial that the bathroom has been inspected at every time it's supposed to be, So there I am making up initials for every day when I hear a little kid's voice from the stall.

"Who's out there?"

"Just some guy."

"...don't kidnap me!"

"Ok."

"PLEASE don't kidnap me."

"...are your parents rich?"

"...no."

"Well never mind then."

"Thank you!"

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

My boss tells me to go into the bathroom to initial that the bathroom has been inspected at every time it's supposed to be, So there I am making up initials for every day when I hear a little kid's voice from the stall.

"Who's out there?"

"Just some guy."

"...don't kidnap me!"

"Ok."

"PLEASE don't kidnap me."

"...are your parents rich?"

"...no."

"Well never mind then."

"Thank you!"

Please please please tell me that this actually happened. I gave that a very robust lol

EnvyJ
May 4, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Marv Hushman posted:

Just ask lawrefs commenter Melissa T., who walked out of a store with a 15-pack of beer for a net $1.79 and still believes she is entitled to further compensation:

http://www.lawrefs.com/michigan-scanner-law-update/

I honestly don't know how some stores keep physical signage/stickers lined up with system pricing given the frequency of sales and price fluctuation. There are no controls in the law against serial "victims," and oddly enough, it doesn't address scanner errors that work in the buyer's favor.

Round here daily paperwork prints out and tells you to go update the tickets

Sailor Viy
Aug 4, 2013

And when I can swim no longer, if I have not reached Aslan's country, or shot over the edge of the world into some vast cataract, I shall sink with my nose to the sunrise.

Ziv Zulander posted:

What type of gas station lets people refuel before paying?

Like, all of them? They get your license plate on camera so it's not hard to track you down if you don't pay.

Is this not a thing in the US?

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Sailor Viy posted:

Like, all of them? They get your license plate on camera so it's not hard to track you down if you don't pay.

Not really anymore, because of the massive amount of people who would put an old/random/stolen plate (or set, depending on the state) on their car, go steal gas, then switch plates.

It's fairly recent. I'm 31 and when I started driving, I pumped, then paid. Even when I moved to a major metro area, only the really shady areas required payment before pumping. Over the last decade, that's shifted slowly but surely. Nearly everyone having debit or credit cards has helped it along.

I've only ever lived in rural Midwest and metro Midwest, I think it happened faster on the coasts and other areas that... aren't the Midwest. Went with family to Colorado when I was 14, stopoed to get gas at 4 AM in Denver before tracking down my sister's place
The adults with me were slightly confused that they had to pay first, but did it.

There was a guy on a motorcycle (not a biker) who was PISSED about it, though. He came in the store yelling "How the gently caress am I supposed to pay if I don't know what the gently caress it will cost?" The cashier told him he could use a card or pay with cash and get the amount he didn't spend back. He said "That's some loving bullshit." He then saw my surprised grandmother, and said "Sorry, Granny, but it is."

She hated being called Granny. This is why I remember this story.

Antiquated Pants
Feb 23, 2011

Oh god I'm so lonely in here...
:negative:

"Don't you know who I am?? YOU SHOULD BE PAYING ME FOR MY TIME TRYING T FIX THIS"

"I'm A LAWYER and I'm going to sue you because I agreed to the terms of use!"

:newfap:

buglord
Jul 31, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Buglord
this is from some old post I made in a A/T customers thread

Some middle aged lady, maybe mid 40s, comes in. Fair skinned woman with a blonde pixie cut. I'm in copy center because the usual worker called in. In fact, the store has been attempting to run with as few people as possible. So we're real busy, everyone's tied up with customers or whatever. Anyway, the lady comes up to me and asks to buy individual sheets of cardstock. Normally, this isn't a problem. We have all sorts of loose sheets for sale. But shes requesting a single sheet of a type that is pretty expensive and is sold in packs of 25. So I tell her no.

"Well cant you make an exception?" she asks. "Sorry, we don't use that paper enough in the print center, and its pretty expensive" I reply.

While im telling her this, I notice her hand is rested upon her upper chest. She becomes real quiet, and just stares at me. She removes her hand, and you can see the imprint because now her skin has flushed red. She lets out some sort of low wail that grows louder into a shrill scream. I look around; everyone's still busy. The store is loud with activity and no-one seemed to hear it. I look back at her. She lets go of some documents that she was holding, and uses her now free hands to pull hair from her head. The worst part is, she's actually pulling hair out. I notice little bits of hair falling to the counter. When she tires of pulling her hair out, she makes a fist with one of her hands and starts beating her own head. I'm dead silent and motionless because:

a) this doesn't feel real
b) this counter that separates us isnt high enough to prevent her from leaping over to me
c)it seems dangerous to interrupt this episode as its happening, especially for 8 dollars an hour.

Now that shes properly exhausted from pulling her hair and beating her head, the waterworks start and she begins sobbing. I quickly tell her that she can use the entire 25 page ream if she wants, no charge. With this sort of display, it's probably best to let the store lose 10 dollars or so instead of getting more people involved. We stay busy for a few more hours. When it slows down, I tell the managers what happened. They're initially upset that I let a customer walk out with a free ream of paper. But once I tell them the story, they become upset because they didn't get to witness it. (I had only worked there for a few months at that point, and still hadn't been jaded enough to enjoy customer suffering).

I have more stories of random crazies, but they were mostly dudes and gals who were innocuous and made their rounds without bothering customers or staff. I was 20 at the time, and that was my first real experience with adult mental breakdowns. To be fair(ish) to her, she explained afterwards that her ex-husband was trying to sue her, and she was on the verge of losing everything if she didn't get some paperwork handed in that day. Doesn't justify the meltdown, but I can sort of sympathize with the weight of the situation.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

buglord posted:

Some middle aged lady, maybe mid 40s, comes in. Fair skinned woman with a blonde pixie cut. I'm in copy center because the usual worker called in. In fact, the store has been attempting to run with as few people as possible. So we're real busy, everyone's tied up with customers or whatever. Anyway, the lady comes up to me and asks to buy individual sheets of cardstock. Normally, this isn't a problem. We have all sorts of loose sheets for sale. But shes requesting a single sheet of a type that is pretty expensive and is sold in packs of 25. So I tell her no.

"Well cant you make an exception?" she asks. "Sorry, we don't use that paper enough in the print center, and its pretty expensive" I reply.

While im telling her this, I notice her hand is rested upon her upper chest. She becomes real quiet, and just stares at me. She removes her hand, and you can see the imprint because now her skin has flushed red. She lets out some sort of low wail that grows louder into a shrill scream. I look around; everyone's still busy. The store is loud with activity and no-one seemed to hear it. I look back at her. She lets go of some documents that she was holding, and uses her now free hands to pull hair from her head. The worst part is, she's actually pulling hair out. I notice little bits of hair falling to the counter. When she tires of pulling her hair out, she makes a fist with one of her hands and starts beating her own head. I'm dead silent and motionless because:

b) this counter that separates us isnt high enough to prevent her from leaping over to me
c)it seems dangerous to interrupt this episode as its happening, especially for 8 dollars an hour.

Now that shes properly exhausted from pulling her hair and beating her head, the waterworks start and she begins sobbing. I quickly tell her that she can use the entire 25 page ream if she wants, no charge. With this sort of display, it's probably best to let the store lose 10 dollars or so instead of getting more people involved. We stay busy for a few more hours. When it slows down, I tell the managers what happened. They're initially upset that I let a customer walk out with a free ream of paper. But once I tell them the story, they become upset because they didn't get to witness it. (I had only worked there for a few months at that point, and still hadn't been jaded enough to enjoy customer suffering).

I have more stories of random crazies, but they were mostly dudes and gals who were innocuous and made their rounds without bothering customers or staff. I was 20 at the time, and that was my first real experience with adult mental breakdowns. To be fair(ish) to her, she explained afterwards that her ex-husband was trying to sue her, and she was on the verge of losing everything if she didn't get some paperwork handed in that day. Doesn't justify the meltdown, but I can sort of sympathize with the weight of the situation.

if she can't afford a pack of paper than what's the point of suing her

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

buglord posted:

this was incredible and completely believable in terms of an insane customer scenario.

How about that time I was in a more poor than normal mood, about one year into my working at this horrid establishment, and when a customer incessantly asked "hey hey hey why are you in a bad mood? why aren't you talking to me?" I just blurted out "with all due respect ma'am, I don't think that's any of your business." to which of course she complained to customer service immediately.

"HOW DARE YOU NOT TELL ME ABOUT YOUR MOST INTIMATE THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS???"

Screama
Nov 25, 2007
Yes, I am very cereal.
I worked in a liquor store for five years during uni.

One of the dumbest things someone tried to convince me of was that if an item didn't have a price tag, you had to sell it at the price of the item next to it on the shelf.

Also, this comes up every time a retail thread starts but if you work for a big chain store and you're not actively trying to gently caress them over at every opportunity you're doing retail wrong.

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013

Screama posted:

Also, this comes up every time a retail thread starts but if you work for a big chain store and you're not actively trying to gently caress them over at every opportunity you're doing retail wrong.

I want to be a lazy, thieving, lying bastard, but I'm too scared! Can I get some tips on being a complete piece of poo poo?

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

Telephones posted:

I want to be a lazy, thieving, lying bastard, but I'm too scared! Can I get some tips on being a complete piece of poo poo?

A thief takes by subversion. An artist takes when someone is looking right at them. :smuggo:

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
I be nice to retail clerks and they be nice to me. I've scored free coffee, free ice, and a free side of shrimps just by being a decent human being.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Starman Super DX posted:

this was incredible and completely believable in terms of an insane customer scenario.

How about that time I was in a more poor than normal mood, about one year into my working at this horrid establishment, and when a customer incessantly asked "hey hey hey why are you in a bad mood? why aren't you talking to me?" I just blurted out "with all due respect ma'am, I don't think that's any of your business." to which of course she complained to customer service immediately.

"HOW DARE YOU NOT TELL ME ABOUT YOUR MOST INTIMATE THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS???"

Right? I would love to live in a country where anyone who buys any product anywhere isn't entitled to the very soul of whoever's ringing it up. Retail pissed me off so much that I went to school and got an office job. In my dreams, I can just turn around and ignore someone who's being rude or abrasive or entitled. gently caress 'em. In fact, gently caress everyone who has ever purchased a good or service with currency. :mad:

gently caress 'EM!

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I work at a Best Buy and at least a couple times a week, I get some old dude come in and complain about "This stuff is easy for you youngins to understand, but not us older folk!"

Technology is not hard to understand; you just refuse to learn. Knowing what an iPad is or how to connect to WiFi is not rocket science.

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

Axel Serenity posted:

I work at a Best Buy and at least a couple times a week, I get some old dude come in and complain about "This stuff is easy for you youngins to understand, but not us older folk!"

Technology is not hard to understand; you just refuse to learn. Knowing what an iPad is or how to connect to WiFi is not rocket science.

we have an old guy on staff in our department that despite me telling him how to do certain things many times he has replied "CAN'T TEACH AN OLD DOG NEW TRICKS!!"
:psypop:

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Axel Serenity posted:

This right here!

Try to teach an old person to use an ipad: "OK, when the page has more than the screen can show, think of it like a piece of paper that you're looking at through a window. Use your finger on the screen to drag that paper up or down so you can see other parts. Try that now."

Customer changes volume, hits the sleep/wake button, hits it again and puts in their passcode to unlock the tablet, changes volume again, then manages to HARD RESET the loving device.

This is literally after someone already sat with them and taught them how to use the device.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Tbf to olds, it's harder to learn things naturally and without much effot the older you get

Tbf to everyone who has to deal with them, they should either put in the effort or not get a loving iPad. Or learn to say "I'm sorry, I'm kind of overwhelmed, would you mind helping me by (doing whatever), instead of just poking at things until the work or break.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Working in a clothing/home goods store, bathrooms at the very back.

Going into the front fitting rooms, large pile of new old people-brand Alfred Dunner clothes on the floor of one stall.

"Oh gently caress."

Put up the fitting room closed sign.

Go to the stock room, get the grabber claw and a trash bag and latex gloves.

Start putting clothes into bag.

Find poo poo under pile where an old person couldn't make it to the bathroom and covered the poo poo with merchandise instead of telling someone.

Take bag to stockroom and pick through clothes to cut out sewn in tags and price tags so that clothes can be damaged out.

Put clothes in damage barrel, pour bleach into barrel.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
When i was aretail manager if you cleaned up human poo poo without being asked id buy whatever you want from the liquor store.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I worked at a video rental store for a few years at the time when DVD was becoming the norm. We had an adult section. I think we were the only 'mainstream' video store in town to rent porn, so it was by far our biggest moneymaker. Sometimes the DVDs came back greasy, somehow. I didn't want to think about it. We had a lot of hand sanitizer.

If I put some thought into it I'd probably have stories to fill a page, but the main guy I remembered was this greasy old dude who rented insane amounts of porn. We had a '10 for 10 for 10' deal where you'd get 10 older movies for 10 days for a tenner. A good deal. Anyways, this guy without fail would come in every 10 days and get nothing but porn. This was the norm for a couple of years. Now we had a good amount of material back there but poo poo, at some point he must have just been rewatching. A bit hosed up, but hey, we all watch porn right? This guy just watched a bit more. That's not why I remember him 10 years later. After a few months of this, he starts bringing his son in with him. His son looked about 10 years old and would be allowed one, maybe two movies for him (not porn, to clarify) mixed in with the porn mountain.

Eventually the manager banned him due to his fines getting out of hand. gently caress that guy, and gently caress that place for being open 365 days a year. I used to come into work on Christmas drunk/stoned out of my loving mind just to rent porn to a few sad old bastards.

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Most of you sound terrible at your jobs. And your jobs are quite literally the easiest on the planet.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

CaptainBtaksDad posted:

Most of you sound terrible at your jobs. And your jobs are quite literally the easiest on the planet.

:yells at lowest possible rung on corporate ladder "WHY DON'T YOU HAVE THE PINK IPHONE IN STOCK GOD WHY ARE YOU SO BAD AT YOUR JOB" :

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Job is to use a register designed to be idiot proof to check out items and be polite to customer in an air conditioned retail setting.

Fails somehow.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

CaptainBtaksDad posted:

Job is to use a register designed to be idiot proof to check out items and be polite to customer in an air conditioned retail setting.

Fails somehow.

Did a nasty retail person yell at you once or something

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Most are nice. But a sizeable percentage are sullen and rude despite having an easy as gently caress job.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it isn't because of retail. everyone just hates you in particular.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Tbf to olds, it's harder to learn things naturally and without much effot the older you get

Tbf to everyone who has to deal with them, they should either put in the effort or not get a loving iPad. Or learn to say "I'm sorry, I'm kind of overwhelmed, would you mind helping me by (doing whatever), instead of just poking at things until the work or break.

My 68 year old retired dad just bought a new iPad and taught himself how to use it. I think it's the cutest drat thing ever because I haven't had to help him at all other then giving him my Netflix deets

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
oh well that's just unprofessional.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
hi I'm the horrible customer

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

runupon cracker posted:

it's been more than 20 years since I've worked retail and I still feel the urge to straighten a shelf.

I worked in a used bookstore, that was also a comic store, that was also a movie rental store, that was also a used adult magazine store, that was also an adult movie rental store, that also made up gift baskets on demand. I've seen some poo poo.

The worst customers were invariably the ones who brought in their truckload of musty old books that had been sitting in an attic for a few decades. Despite being warned that the process could take some time and they should probably just come back later, they'd get super impatient because you would stop processing their shitmound of moldy "paper" to serve a customer that might actually lay out some cash for a purchase. They'd argue when told that no, we really couldn't take the book with no front cover that was covered in mold that appeared to be approaching sentience. They'd whine about the lovely rate of trade they were getting. They'd then be shocked! and infuriated! that no, I could not in fact poo poo the book they were looking for out of my rear end when they couldn't find it on the shelf. gently caress those people.

That wasn't the worst part of the job, though. Nor were the sticky pages from the used girly mags. It was the gift baskets. They took a long time to make, and were always under a ridiculous deadline. Hard to make one of those and wait on customers at the same time when you're the only person on staff at the time.

I still have nightmares.
Bookstore customers are insane in a way I've never seen from customers anywhere else.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

CaptainBtaksDad posted:

Most are nice. But a sizeable percentage are sullen and rude despite having an easy as gently caress job.

Let me guess you are a computer janitor.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Sailor Viy posted:

Yeah plus when gas prices exploded in gangs in Texas were pulling up at night with fuel tanks, like what you would use to fill up a tractor in the field, fill it up and drive off.

That put an end to prepumping pretty fast after a few of those.

Though for my horror retail story is when a store manager approved the return of a used toilet on a Friday night and no one threw it in the trash over the weekend. So when the receiving crew showed up Monday morning, the whole store smelled of feces. :nexus::barf:

Zil fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jun 13, 2017

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
I've worked at a couple of gas stations in my time and have developed a hatred of cab drivers as a result. It's a thing here that they get a discount on coffee but for some reason 95% of them don't bother to mention that they're cab drivers, leading to endless repetition of "coffee" -> "that'll be €2" -> "umm i'm a cab driver give me my discount".

It's a minor thing on its own but having to redo what should be a simple transaction 100 times per shift gets real loving old. All you have to do is say is "taxi coffee" instead of "coffee", is that so hard? We're both working poo poo jobs here, let's make it easy on each other.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

CaptainBtaksDad posted:

Fails somehow.

Lord how I wish pin pads were idiot proof, ours were really poorly designed and we had to attach labels to them to explain what the options really mean. It's not so bad if you're using a credit card, but if you use debit it gets tricky fast.

Debit card with swipe.

You can swipe your card at any time during the transaction and it will let you ask for cash back, but if you do it before I hit the debit button on my register it's run it as credit and you won't get any cash back.

Debit card with chip.

It will display two debit options, visa/master card/whatever your card is debit and us debit/debit if you pick your card type debit, it runs it as credit.

If you manage to get to the cash back screen, it'll give two choices, OK and CANCEL. OK means yes, CANCEL is no, so people who don't want cash back often hit OK panic, pull their card instead of asking for 0 back. Or if they do want cash back, hit the dollar amount then hit zero and make it ten times as much since it automatically goes to the nearest dollar, panic and pull their cards without hitting the back button. Then they'll get to the final stage, punch in their pin and yank out their card before getting the remove card message.

Oh and the area the CANCEL button is turns into a button that'll cancel the transaction and if you leave your finger near it you can really accidentally trigger it.

Starman Super DX posted:

Please please please tell me that this actually happened. I gave that a very robust lol

It really happened. :)

BrendianaJones
Aug 2, 2011

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I've worked in customer service in varying capacities, even a couple management jobs, but went back to waiting tables. I swear the people I run into now are the dumbest of any place I have ever worked. For instance,

1. Multiple complaints that our club and BLT sandwiches are cold. They are listed in the menu under "cold sandwiches," so even if you didn't know that they are not hot the menu straight up tells you.

2. Guy asks me to tell him about our haddock dinner, I tell him about it and mention our vegetable that night is broccoli. When the food comes out he complains that,

A. I never told him the fish came with broccoli (I did, but he didn't ask about it anyway) and

B. His wife is allergic to broccoli, which he didn't bring up until just then so how was I supposed to know?

3. The woman who sat down, ordered a taco salad. We have a version of taco salad made with bison meat so I put the order in, brought it out, she complains that it isn't a taco salad. I tell her that, yes, that is the bison taco salad and she informs me she hadn't actually looked at the menu.

Apparently she and many people just go places, shout out words that make up food things, and hope the restaurant has what they want rather than reading the menu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

One of the things that stands out most from my retail experience is the people that tried to haggle. Typically they'd ask if I could give them a discount if they agreed to buy multiple of something. Sure, it was almost always foreigners so I know it's a cultural thing, but I would think that once you're living in the US for more than like a week you'd come to see that haggling at retail stores isn't a thing.
It wouldn't be that bad but many times they'd insist on talking to a manager who I'd have to track down to tell them that no, they can't make their own buy 1 get 1 free deal on the spot.

Raere fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jun 13, 2017

• Locked thread