Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).
It's been 10 years since I worked retail (I moved to call centers, and now I'm in some weird combo of call center/new account risk analysis, but mostly training and exceptions/escalations). I still remember some good ones...

Target -- working the customer service desk. Guy comes in to return an unopened pack of hanging nails. No receipt.

It had a Target price tag on it. .54 cents. And came from the era BEFORE TARGET USED BARCODES. Meaning it was 30 or so years old.

I had to decline that return. He basically said "OK," and walked off.

I also grew to be an expert at baby\wedding registry returns. People would come in with a huge cart of stuff they wanted to return from their registry. 3/4 of it not from Target.

These would generally be disasters with guests whining about me not taking back items that weren't ours until I learned to look on the packaging for something showing where it came from before even zapping it. I'd just turn it around and go "Wal-Mart...Kohl's...Babies R' us, create separate pi, then run the return on the three items that actually came from us. It both showed that I wasn't going to play their scam and let them know where to go next.

We also had a guy we called "Dot Man." He'd come in with stacks of receipts that had little dots next to them. He'd then try to get discounts on the items with the dots on the receipts. Usually the items had went clearance and we wouldn't give a full price item to a guest at clearance price.

I got to the point where I'd pretend to scan his receipts, pretend to punch the numbers into the register, then just keep saying "Nope. No discount...not on this one either...sorry." He was usually pretty polite and just left.

My manager said she saw him being led out of Sears in cuffs one day trying to pull the same scam. He was back a few days later and at it again.

I have way more. Future posts!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread