Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

yo man maybe retail isn't the best career for you to be pursuing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Starman Super DX posted:

maybe if you're not reading the whole thing this isn't the thread you should be posting in :v:

i read the thread, guy- there's lots of other jobs you can do while you're in college and if you think a degree is a magical escape haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha

i mean ten years in retail? i'd rather write gay slashfic for amazon

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Starman Super DX posted:

Oh well in that case I'm just not interested in your ignorance. Have a good day, sir. :)

people who seem to actively hate everyone as you seem to generally have vocations that are less public-facing, is all. you work in retail because you enjoy being a dick to people, or you'd have figured out something else

edit: to clarify i did do a 6 month retail stint at a gamestop which is why i would never work retail again, ever, and i worked in foodservice for ten years which is arguably even worse

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

you dont do something for 10 years without making a choice to do it, is all im saying

'im not keying in poo poo, and i'm throwing your sticker away'
'i won't even engage in polite conversation with a customer'
'i take delight in being a stonewalling rear end in a top hat because i'm not paid much'

...doesn't bode well for retail

also what does that mean, 'no choice but to work in retail'? i handwrote bibles for $6 a page once when no one else was hiring. there is always a choice

boar guy fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jun 14, 2017

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

my experience in food service make me extra cautious to be really polite to service people because i know its a terrible job. i used to hate it when people called me by name as well

canyoneer posted:

do you live in the 13th century?

im pretty sure it was just an indoctrination technique. i made it 20 pages and quit

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

'waaah, someone pointed out that the situation i'm complaining about is largely of my own making'

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

sorry, go back to feebly bitching rather than learning basic human empathy. my mistake :tipshat:

• Locked thread