Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crotchgobbler
Jul 25, 2007

im an 07 lol
I used to work in a grocery store deli. One time a guy came up to me and said "I'll take a half pound or a quarter pound of ham, whichever is less." I said, "Sir, a quarter pound is less than a half pound, are you asking for a quarter pound?" And he said, "Yeah, sure, whatever."

Technically not a customer story, but I did catch my manager and a coworker having sex in the bathroom during the night shift once. He had her pressed up right near the urinal. I just wanted to go pee! 😕

I also worked at Target. This woman comes up to me and asks where the peanut butter is. I walk her over and show her. As I walk away she says "Hey, wait! I actually wanted marshmallow fluff...I thought it would be near the peanut butter..."

I worked at a Best Buy. A lady got really upset that we didn't carry Looney Tunes cartoons in the French language. She insisted her kids could only listen to French language cartoons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crotchgobbler
Jul 25, 2007

im an 07 lol
I was working in Best buy and a customer wanted to buy a washer/dryer. I had no idea how to sell them, so I called for someone to assist him over the radio. Five minutes went by and no one helped. The customer came to me again, I radioed again, five minutes goes by again, no one helped. He came up to me again and started yelling at me. He pulled a wad of cash out of his pocket and said, "I came here wanting to spend this and this is how you treat me? How could you treat a customer like this? In YOUR store???" And I replied, "Sir, if this was my store, do you think I'd be standing here right now?" That made him angrier and he demanded to see my manager. So I said over the radio (in front of him) that an irate customer wanted to speak to a manager. Afterwards, I was counseled for using the word irate and I should have said "unhappy."

Some goonlord said in a customer satisfaction survey that the anime section in the store was lacking.

It was black Friday and I was working a 12 hour shift (2am - 2pm). We had a Nintendo Wii display in the store. It was about 10am, the store was packed and I was brain dead trying to stock things. Suddenly the contractor Nintendo hired to handle the display came up to me and started screaming that the Wii display wasn't working. I just shrugged my shoulders and walked away.

I worked in a factory making picture frames for a religious company. I had to cut glass for the frames. We had a disabled employee on the staff that cut wood and did janitorial work. One day I accidentally slipped and sliced my hand open on the glass. I ran to the bathroom to clean the wound and used what I thought was soap. It started burning profusely and I frantically tried to wash it off. Apparently the disabled employee had put Mr. Clean in the soap dispenser.

I had a customer tell me, on July 4, "Wow, it sucks they are making you work today." I said, "It's because people like you shop today." She didn't seem too empathetic after that.

A guy asked me to slice his cheese thin. I thought I did it pretty thin and handed it to him. Fifteen minutes later, he stormed back to the deli counter and threw the cheese in my direction and yelled that I had cut it too thick and to do it again. I was a wimp and complied. 😕

• Locked thread