Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Starman Super DX posted:

I hate that what people say to me or my coworkers has to be based on gender to some degree. It's incredibly stupid, I know, but I encounter a little of my own even as a dude. It's completely trivial, but it still annoys me and is real. Partially because we have a TV there (which I usually change the channel on as soon as I get the chance anyway), I get asked about the latest sports ball team updates. Why would I know? I don't watch sports. I have to explain this to people on a daily basis that I don't watch sports and if they're making me put a game on I'm not paying any attention. The girls who have worked in my position get asked this way, way less. It's a little insulting both ways, really.

That loving old dickbag who wouldn't leave workers alone because he desperately wanted a friend asked me once about playing sports and I said "No."
Then he asked me if I was a "car guy" and I said "No."
Then there was a pause... and he asked if I was "like a computer guy". Maybe I said "yeah sure" I don't really remember, but like oh no I don't do a manly man hobby I must be one of THOSE guys.

retail sucks but holy hell you sound like the gooniest loving goober

someone shove this nerd in a fuckin' locker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

hold hands at the park posted:

I'm sure the customers are plenty annoying, but what about the work environment of retail jobs? 8+ hours under fluorescent lighting, ceiling tiles, looking at an endless stream of product packaging set to a soundtrack of beeps and bloops, loudspeaker announcements and the hum of voices. Hours and hours of lovely products streaming by on the conveyor belt: budlite Lime-a-Ritas, Nutter Butter Cookies, 12 Cupcakes for 4.99, plastic clamshells, plastic wrap, plastic bags, individually wrapped Hard-boiled eggs. Frozen pizza rolls! Zataran's Red Beans and Rice, Instant Box! How can you justify working in such an industry? What is going to happen to your mind when faced with that imagery all day? Your mind and your conscience will turn to poo poo.

"frozen pizza rolls will rot your soul!" screams the fat goon into the void, convincing nobody with his Shakespearean protesting-too-much

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Arven posted:

PA was the opposite until very recently- you could only buy cases of beer. I think the logic was that selling six packs or individual bottles/cans promoted alcoholism. Because having a whole case of beer at your disposal will encourage you to drink less.

how recently is very recently because in 2011 you could totally buy six packs, you just needed to buy them at a bar for carry out

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Rutibex is an amazing poster because he does this super low-level trolling across multiple different subforums to the point where he's kinda famous for it in a few threads but he still manages to fly under the radar enough to get people really angry at him :allears:

e: same VVVV

Rockman Reserve fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jul 31, 2017

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Tolkien minority posted:

lmao disfigured people r soooo grossss

actually despite your sarcasm people shedding dead and presumably diseased skin everywhere in public is, in fact, gross as hell

being disfigured does not actually make you god king of social mores

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Tolkien minority posted:

As far as I'm aware being a burn victim is not contagious

it is, again, also not carte blanche to leave your dead fuckin' skin everywhere

• Locked thread