Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I worked the register at an upscale art supply store for a short time. The customers were mostly hipsters and wealthy older ladies who had suddenly decided to get into watercolor painting or whatever. We also had our share of real weirdos coming in. There was one guy who appeared homeless, never spoke, had Charles Manson eyes and smelled like DEATH. He came in several times a week and plunked down multiple tubes of our cheapest line of acrylic paint and paid with grimy wadded up cash. I sort of regret not befriending this dude just to see what his undoubtedly mad and obsessive artwork looked like. Whatever it was, he used a LOT of paint. The smell surrounding him was overpowering.

The part of the job I hated most was having to check people's bags and grab their attention as they entered the store. "Excuse me! Excuse me ma'am! I have to take your big floppy purse away from you and stash it behind the counter while you shop because you might steal art supplies." Most people were fine with this but there were always a few who had somehow never been in a store with a bag check policy before and acted shocked and outraged, believing they were just being set up to be robbed by me, the name tag wearing cashier.

Ralph Hurley fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jun 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Rutibex posted:

that is a hosed up policy. did you operate in a really bad part of town or something? no way I would give my bag to some retail clerk. any store that tried to pull that poo poo on me I would turn around and take my business elseware.

if you can't trust me than why should I trust you?

Sorry sir, that's just store policy.
People try to steal poo poo every day and no we don't trust you at all.
I'll get the manager if you like. :o:

I dunno it was in San Francisco in the 90s. There were lowlifes around. People must have stolen from the store a lot. I remember being in a coffee shop nearby and saw I a guy run off with the loving tip jar. Like maybe four dollars in change. A guy working there chased after him like that was his paycheck.

• Locked thread