Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Starman Super DX posted:

This is definitely true, having a good pair of shoes makes a world of difference on your feet- especially if you're spending a lot of time on them. The soles were coming apart on my Vans for a few months and my right foot was killing me every day (I'd have to sit down every hour or so and normally I can walk around for hours before needing to), but after finally buying some "work Sketchers" they've never been better.

Never underestimate a comfortable pair of shoes.

I hope you all enjoyed my interesting shoe story :tipshat:

I recently learned to love my tiny goblin feet, because it means I can pick up doc martens on their website for 1/2 to 1/4 their usual price. Otoh, I just learned why suede shoes were on sale. It's because they're suede.

Working retail in a country with mandatory bag charges is a special hell, especially when we get tourists in.

:what: Would you like a bag today?
:v: *ignores me, possibly chattering away to his family in Foreign*
:what: Would you like a bag today? (while ensuring I make eye contact and point at the bags)
:v: *negative sounding grunt*
Lo and behold, after ringing everything up and leaving a pile of stuff in front of them...
:v: AAAA! Bag! Bag!

I hate working in a tourist trap during peak season, it's turning me into the weirdest racist. Now let me tell you about the inscrutable oriental and his unnatural lust for toblerones...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Zenithe posted:

Oh man, we're starting this next year, gonna be goddamn amazing :allears:

:what: Would you like a bag?
:) Yes.
:what: 5p or 10p?
:downs: Yes

• Locked thread