Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:
Michigan has a price scanner law that entitles the customer to an immediate 11x any difference between the marked and scanned price of an item, or a slam dunk $250 in small claims court.

I knew someone who was semi-pro at finding these things and walking out of the store with an armload of free or near-free merch, like extreme couponing without the coupons.

Is it any wonder that b&m retail is dying?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free

Romes128 posted:

Why would this even exist

Just ask lawrefs commenter Melissa T., who walked out of a store with a 15-pack of beer for a net $1.79 and still believes she is entitled to further compensation:

http://www.lawrefs.com/michigan-scanner-law-update/

I honestly don't know how some stores keep physical signage/stickers lined up with system pricing given the frequency of sales and price fluctuation. There are no controls in the law against serial "victims," and oddly enough, it doesn't address scanner errors that work in the buyer's favor.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free

haljordan posted:

They're probably way more focused on employee theft, I'm sure Walmart knows down to a penny how much they lose from shoplifting/customer scams

Wal-Mart customer service line on a Monday morning = the TV, barbecue, appliance, clothes, tool, landscaping equipment, car battery and outdoor furniture free rental return line.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Jeff would only drink scalding-hot water

He was also obsessed with Charlotte Coffey from the Go-Go's

He carded her and stared at her ID for a full ten seconds

Have you been digging through Wes Anderson's trash?

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free

Gutter Phoenix posted:

What the gently caress are you taking about?

I realize this is all true, but it reads like WA trying to create one of his stock offbeat characters and wadding up the result.

• Locked thread