Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

I had a guy at Wal-mart try to return a ice cream maker once. It was still in its box, the box was beaten and dirty, smelled like a garage. The Ice cream machine did not work anymore, understandable, you want your money back, I get it.
Well, while he did not have the receipt and the price tag was still on it, it was one of those old green label walmart tags and it had the date on it.....1986. He was nice when I told him that no we are not returning an ice cream machine that is both old enough to vote and buy beer. It was different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

I worked in a big adult bookstore back during college, they had a pretty awesome "The customer is always wrong." policy. We were nice to everyone until you tried to steal or we caught you pissing in the theaters. There was one guy who would get blackout drunk in the theater and then piss in the ash can in there, I caught him one night and banned him from the store. A few months later I found him working a kroger pushing carts and I yelled Pisser! for a good twenty minutes at him. There was another dude that left the theater with cum on his beard, I promptly called the guy upstairs by the main exit to let him know so he could see it too. Cumbeard had a tanline where he took his wedding ring off before he came in, I like to imagine he went home to his wife and had to explain why he had cum in his beard. One time i made a tip cup and sat it by my register it basically said "Tip and I wont laugh about what you bought here to my friends later tonight.". I would usually get 10 to 15 bux a night, management gave no fucks either.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There's a slight chance that Applesnots maybe have been exaggerating for comedic effect

A bit, but it was a good while. Old bastard deserved it, I had to clean his piss, he hosed with me at my job, I am gonna gently caress with him at his. He did recognize me too, he kept trying to come in after i banned him and I had to keep kicking him back out before I found him pushing carts.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Kelp Me! posted:

Believe it or not, they didn't actually lose a significant amount of sales, the switch back didn't gain them a huge market share back (apparently the taking-back-the-lead from Pepsi was due to Cherry Coke coming out the same year) and New Coke/Coke II held a few percentages of the national market for years afterwards, so they came out ahead in every way without really losing more than a small fraction of customer loyalty.

Also the funniest thing is that most people actually liked New Coke, it was a small but extremely vocal minority that killed it - the original 4Chan invasion or whatever: people who disliked it (mostly rednecks) were so furiously vocal about it that nobody really wanted to come out and be like "well actually I really like it."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Coke

I tried new coke back in the day when I was a small kid, it was good, I liked it better, it was sweeter.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

new phone who dis posted:

I have also refused to clean human poo poo for minimum wage.

Shift Manager: I need you to clean that bathroom
Me: Nope
Shift Manager: Do you want to get written up?
Me: I've got seven hours left on my shift and I make minimum wage. Do you want me to walk out and close the store yourself tonight while I get drunk across the street?

He ended up closing down the bathroom and calling a cleaning service for the next day. The store manager came in before they got there, cleaned it himself and cancelled the cleaning service. He also said he didn't blame me for not cleaning it and any time in the future that it happened to just do the same thing and he would take care of it. He was actually really cool about it.

This warmed my heart.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Dollar a drink dude.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Starman Super DX posted:

There's an extremely thin line between the regular who sees you often enough to catch your name and give you a casual "Hey so-and-so, how's it going?" And the stranger you've never seen who thinks that anyone who has a name tag is their bestest buddy and announces it immediately upon meeting you and insists on making pointless conversation.

Plus there are the "why do you never smile?" customers who can't take the hint that I stop smiling when I see them because they're terrible.
I've literally heard these people say that I'm unfriendly or unsociable because I refuse to pretend to be friendly to them.

Maybe I'm a freak idk but after a few poor reactions with a particular individual I assume that they have a problem with me personally and not that they must be a horrible rear end in a top hat for not being friendlier.

The ol' "I dont get paid enough to fake genuine human emotions" works pretty well.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

I remember some customers whistling at me in order to get my attention, Tweet Tweet! I ignored them until they walked up to me and talked to me and mentioned something about me not hearing them whistling. I just told them that I thought hey were calling a dog or something, why would they do that to me? This only happened about twice though.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Starman Super DX posted:

Haha once a guy snapped at me to get my attention and I was already in a piss poor mood that day so when I turned around with a look of immense fury and indignantly said "Did you just snap at me??"
The guy immediately shrunk back and apologized. He probably wasn't even trying to be rude but I did appreciate that he recognized my annoyance.

Yeah, you do not do that to people. Glad he apologized. When I bar tended , if you whistled or snapped you would be the last on my list of concerns. Most figured this out after a while.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

EugeneJ posted:

I think the worst was when some rich dude clapped in my face and said "chop chop!"

Who the hell does that in real life?

" I am sorry sir, who is Chop Chop, and how can I find him for you?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

It really is, and you will never get in trouble for it. Just pile on the sugary sweetness.

• Locked thread