Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrendianaJones
Aug 2, 2011

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I've worked in customer service in varying capacities, even a couple management jobs, but went back to waiting tables. I swear the people I run into now are the dumbest of any place I have ever worked. For instance,

1. Multiple complaints that our club and BLT sandwiches are cold. They are listed in the menu under "cold sandwiches," so even if you didn't know that they are not hot the menu straight up tells you.

2. Guy asks me to tell him about our haddock dinner, I tell him about it and mention our vegetable that night is broccoli. When the food comes out he complains that,

A. I never told him the fish came with broccoli (I did, but he didn't ask about it anyway) and

B. His wife is allergic to broccoli, which he didn't bring up until just then so how was I supposed to know?

3. The woman who sat down, ordered a taco salad. We have a version of taco salad made with bison meat so I put the order in, brought it out, she complains that it isn't a taco salad. I tell her that, yes, that is the bison taco salad and she informs me she hadn't actually looked at the menu.

Apparently she and many people just go places, shout out words that make up food things, and hope the restaurant has what they want rather than reading the menu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrendianaJones
Aug 2, 2011

Nessa posted:

I had a habit of saying "Did you find everything you were looking for today?" when someone came to the till.

But we had one guy who would always respond with "Nope, still haven't found that bag of a million dollars."

Every goddamn time.

Can I get you anything else?

"A million dollars."

Oh my! So witty and clever!

BrendianaJones
Aug 2, 2011

The mention of people pulling up to gas stations after hours made me think of when I was managing a little second-hand movie/game store. We had two doors, the store hours were clearly posted at eye level on both of them. In addition, we had a sign that was lit when we were open and off when we weren't

Every morning, without fail, we would see people show up a half-hour to an hour before the store opened, walk up, tug on the door. They'd get a confused look on their face, go to the other door, try that one, go back to the first door, try it again. Eventually they would either bang on the window and try to shout at us to ask when we opened or just scratch their head in confusion and leave.

• Locked thread