Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Gorilla Salad posted:

I've been doing this for 20 years after I learned it from an older colleague who had to travel constantly. Best thing he ever taught me.

Just call the hotel first and politely ask them if it's okay for them to hold your luggage for a day or so before you arrive and you're golden. I've never had a hotel say no.

And it's just so loving relaxing to fly when you have your small carry-on and nothing else to worry about. You get off, walk right past the carousel and get on with your life.

They'll even have the bags waiting for you in your room when you arrive - or have, the few times I've done this. Extremely pro tip right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Sono posted:

So you can just slap a label on a suitcase and ship it? No box or anything?

You can ship anything you want to, as long as it isn't dangerous to handle (no sharp edges etc).

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

Sono posted:

Tipping chat: What do you do in owner-operated takeout places (literally husband, wife, son, and son as the entire staff)?

Bonus: What do you do if they're Chinese and pretty much everything on the menu is $8.88?

Tip enough to bring your paid price to $x.44. :grin:

• Locked thread