Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Starman Super DX posted:

Forget military conscription, everyone should have to work in retail at least once in their life.

Share your work experiences with the old, ignorant, and/or entitled!

Forget retail, everyone should have to work a manual labor gig once in their life...landscaping is nice this time of year.

Then you'll get to meet the kind of old entitled person too rich to bother going out to loving Sears or whatever.He'll have you trapped on his property as you fulfill his wife's dreams of drainage and being on the homes tour. Here you will be doing real work, not just reciting your "it says here..." spiel in front of the POS. Maybe if you work hard he'll give you a coke and slip a $20 to you before you leave at the end of your eleven hour day.

You see the proper way is to get on the good side of the old/ignorant/entitled and profit! Retail is a losing racket!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

unpleasantly turgid posted:

I think I'm conservative now because I've seen too many nasty, greedy liberals at the diners I worked with. I served a table of queers (all diff. colored hair, a lot of piercings) and they were all hilariously rude to me. When I almost tripped and dropped their food, they loving wrung me out when I would have been the one to fall, be embarrassed and clean it up while I was hurt+embarrassed. They didn't tip on a $50 check.

kthxbai

yusssss

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Does anybody here work retail in one of those fine American chains where you can buy clothing, children's items and hardware at one place?

Its hilarious how this would hamstring my managers. Per shift, among all the cashiers, there was probably one one cashier competent enough to run the hardware department. Since she was good, the actual sale associates could focus on selling rather than reminding the cashier what a wrench was so they could show the customer where they were at. Unfortunately this cashier didn't sell the Company Credit Card so well. The result was a constant battle between the sales associates and the managers regarding the competency of whoever she stuck with them. "They don't know what a loving allen wrench is, put the other person in hardware" they'd say, "They don't sell credit cards well enough!" the manager would retort.

• Locked thread