Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EnvyJ
May 4, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

canyoneer posted:

*item didn't scan the first time*
:haw: :"That means it's free, right?"

i'm gonna start writing down how many times I hear this a day

along with

*buys a $2 item*
"Last of the big spenders!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EnvyJ
May 4, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Rutibex posted:

I hated customers so much I went back to school to get a degree and never deal with them again. I now make 10x more than anyone in retail and do about 1/12 of the work. also no customers.

I reccomended it OP

gently caress you we work retail because we're unmotivated with substance abuse problems

EnvyJ
May 4, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Starman Super DX posted:

Like the guy at my store who was literally fired for calling someone out on shoplifting.
:psyduck:

You can't do anything about it until they try to leave the store, as they can still purchase the 15 items hidden under their pram

EnvyJ
May 4, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
But if they step one foot outside the store it's against company policy to follow them, so better call mall security while the shoplifter gets away with those fidget spinners

EnvyJ
May 4, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Marv Hushman posted:

Just ask lawrefs commenter Melissa T., who walked out of a store with a 15-pack of beer for a net $1.79 and still believes she is entitled to further compensation:

http://www.lawrefs.com/michigan-scanner-law-update/

I honestly don't know how some stores keep physical signage/stickers lined up with system pricing given the frequency of sales and price fluctuation. There are no controls in the law against serial "victims," and oddly enough, it doesn't address scanner errors that work in the buyer's favor.

Round here daily paperwork prints out and tells you to go update the tickets

EnvyJ
May 4, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Indians are the worst customers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EnvyJ
May 4, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Dot

If you have worked in retail you'll agree