Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Most of you sound terrible at your jobs. And your jobs are quite literally the easiest on the planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Job is to use a register designed to be idiot proof to check out items and be polite to customer in an air conditioned retail setting.

Fails somehow.

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Most are nice. But a sizeable percentage are sullen and rude despite having an easy as gently caress job.

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
oh well that's just unprofessional.

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Azuth0667 posted:

Let me guess you are a computer janitor.

No. I actually know very little about computers. I work in a hospital.

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Kelp Me! posted:

I guess when you're the guy cleaning old people poo and changing bed sheets, retail is the only field you can look down on :v:

If it helps you get through the day sure go ahead and believe that. But the orderlies who change bedsheets are providing a service to help the sick and injured, you poorly replace an ipad.

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Thank you. I didn't think it was appropriate for a guy like that to poo poo on people who help others for a living.

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

new phone who dis posted:

Even with all the lovely customers, the thing I hated most about those jobs is the corporate culture demanding everyone to be standing all the time. If I'm behind a counter ringing up poo poo I should be able to sit on a stool. Standing here for hours is loving stupid.

lose some weight, your knees and feet won't hurt just from standing. Exercise some too, couldn't hurt.

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I learned a lot of invaluable skills as a teenager working retail. How to deal with people, be professional, etc. Some days were hard but that's because I was 16.

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

and then posts in a retail bitching thread on another forum about how some crazy guy with tourettes yelled at him for 20 minutes and then got in trouble with the boss for not greeting him in time. The cycle continues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Supercondescending posted:

When I was a senior in high school I worked at a party supply store. Our manager, Brian, did his very best to hire only teenage girls. We had a problem with a couple of old ladies (seriously it was like the same 3 or 4 old ladies) coming in a few times a week, making GBS threads themselves, leaving their lovely underwear in the bathroom, and dropping turds all over the bathroom floor and occasionally smearing some on the walls. I don't know if these ladies knew each other and had some kind of turd party club or what, but they all had the same store-making GBS threads tactics, it was nuts. Anyway, Manager Brian not only refused to ever clean up the poo poo himself ever (he once left it over a holiday weekend to fester while we were closed) but he would specifically scream at the 2 male employees if they ever tried to clean it up. Because Brian wanted the teenage girls to do it. He wanted to WATCH the teenage girls do it. He would come pick a teenage girl cashier, drag them away from their register, force them to pick up poo poo, and then stand there watching and breathing really heavily the whole time. He'd pick a specific girl of the day to do it, today THIS GIRL, THIS SPECIFIC ONE would be his poo poo Queen. If you protested he'd fire you on the spot. I cried one time while cleaning up the poo poo because I was 17 and it was so gross, and his face got super flushed and he "hehhh'd" softly and I assume came in his pants.

He's some big regional manager dude now and makes a lot of money. He had a lisp, wore velcro shoes, and once made a 15 year old girl cry because she stopped a middle aged mom from shoplifting $50 worth of plastic plates and cutlery. He had a visible erection while he berated her. That's my retail story!!!!!!

Sounds like he has life figured out and is happy.

• Locked thread