Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
Just finished reading through the whole thread and by far the funniest part is the shithead that came in here and implied that retail people are poor by choice and that you could always hand write bibles for a living instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

My Rhythmic Crotch posted:

your username, av, and text are amazing

edit: can you link to me said shithead? no way I'm reading this whole thread

:tipshat:

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

waggles posted:

The thing with payroll for the company is: for every $1000 the store made, an extra 3 hours is added to payroll

What do you mean by this exactly? I'm having a hard time puzzling it out - every $1000 the company makes gets added to the paycheck of an employee? Or it costs 3 man-hours to deal with every $1000? Somehow I'm too dumb to puzzle this sentence out.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Also guys remember if you're too poor to leave your retail job, you can always hand-write Bibles!!!

smdh typical lazy millenials

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Why move to Alaska when you can just hand-write Bibles? smdh millenials

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Burning_Monk posted:

So me, I'm the bad customer I guess, gently caress Sonicwall.

Chiming in here as the 3rd gently caress Sonicwall poster in this thread. Their products are crap and their support is like staring into the abyss.

Not necessarily retail, but I work for a datacenter in CA, and for some reason most of our customers are Bangladeshis, actually in Bangladesh, doing VOIP. (Fun fact: they do phone service through us, so if you pick up a phone in Dhaka and call your neighbor down the street, the call literally goes from Dhaka -> Los Angeles -> back so quickly that it's a regular phone call. Almost all cell phone companies do this also - if you call a guy in the same room as you, the call might go through Conneticut and back, despite the person receiving the call being literally 4 feet away).

My experience with Bangladeshi businessmen is, in a word, not good. Impossible to get them to pay - we often get "we will pay - remember if we do not pay, we will get punishment from ALLAH!". We have customers that literally run up their bill (which my bosses allow for some reason), then get shut down or non-payment, then show up a month later using a different fake name and do it all over again. I am not trying to generalize here, but the Bangladeshi customers are the worst.

We send order forms for servers - if you're a regular customer sometimes discounts are applied, and it's done in MS Word since it's a special order. So we send a form - E3-1220, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, CentOS, $100. The form comes back as an E3-1270 (better processor), 16GB RAM, and 2TB HDD, $85. They literally change the order forms and hope we don't notice, and the sad part is, sometimes we don't. Every time it's a demand for a discount, despite the fact they they do not pay their bill anyway. It's a baffling culture. Everyone wants to cheat everyone to get ahead.

You owe $14,000 but pay $200 and somehow that is justified as fair in the Bangladeshi logic. It's really a baffling thing, always a discount, and if there is any way these customers can gently caress you, they will. It's like retail except online.

I also worked a Rite-Aid for a while, and we opened at 6AM (when it's legal to start selling alcohol). There'd literally be 25 people lined up in front to get that fifth to get the shakes away.

We had one customer, a repeat guy, who was only maybe 20 but had the shakes, and was totally, 1000% an alcoholic. He would run in to the liquor aisle before anyone could stop him, open whatever bottle he could find, and chug it until loss prevention caught up, then either run out (still chugging, the man was a champ) with the bottle, or ditch it. He'd do this 2-3 times a week. It's was both sad and amusing. Then I got fired for allowing a hot girl to use my Rite-Aid card (the plastic card that chain stores give you to earn points), and that was it.

I also have a few interesting ones from working at a health food store, boy some people are batshit crazy. I've heard hours of justifications for not vaccinating, and also, we sold out of anything containing iodine at all when the Fukushima thing happened, despite it literally being 10,000 miles away.

Also I find it literally loving BAFFLING that you fools stuck in your self-made retail hell do not realize that there is a booming market in hand-writing Bibles. If you millenials weren't so lazy you could make $6/page and also maybe LEARN something about the LORD.

du -hast fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Aug 5, 2017

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Starman Super DX posted:

Good news thread, I was told today that we are in the employ of a Mad Pooper. :woop:
All I can think of when I read this is this ancient story: The Mad Shitter of Texas Instruments .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

One time when I worked at Rite-Aid and a customer came in and handed me a Subway sandwitch wrapper with like 1/8 of sandwich in it and said "Here, make yourself useful."

• Locked thread