Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

When your friend that hangs out with you at work all day knocks a display over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Glenn Quebec posted:

I don't know how she survived the scathing and dismissive hand wave. Truly a high price you pay, when in retail.

People already working a soul-crushing job don't need to be treated like gutter trash just for trying to help. A simple "no thank you" costs nothing, and makes the employee feel like a fellow human being! Crazy, I know.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

One place I worked at got a lot of migrant workers every summer, and they only ever got paid in $100 bills. 3-4 guys at a time from a roofing company all wanting just a hotdog and a soda always killed both registers and the safe. We only had $400 in $20's in the safe until the owner balanced it out again in the afternoon. I had to tell one of those guys to stop barfing his breakfast in the bathroom sink I mean who does that??

After getting wiped out one day, a guy paid for his coffee with a $100 and I gave him a $50 with the rest of his change. "Don't you have anything smaller?" "If I did I would have given it to you." gently caress off I'm not a bank.

The place I'm at now is doing the "corporate restructuring" bit where they bust everyone down to part time, and the full timers can either deal with it or bounce. We're going to lose all of our best department heads in September. I hope they don't expect me to fill in for my department, because the lady in charge never showed me how we reorder stock, or how to use the scan gun. Fuckin laffo if they think I'm gonna do a full timer's work on a part time schedule for less pay.

The full timers are responding by taking all of their vacations and sick days at once before they quit.

Waffle! fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jul 5, 2017

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Arven posted:

This is the standard move these days, and the whole reason they're doing it is to get those people with salaries and vacation days accrued over several years to quit.

I get why both sides are doing what they do, but what pisses me off is that we're going to lose the most experienced people who can get things done without a hassle.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNQRqAoT-2c

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Shaddak posted:

That would be the Kennedy half-dollar. Technically, they are still produced but, they don't really have a wide circulation. A lot of you ger people don't even know what they are.

Sometimes I blow someone's mind with a $2 bill.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

People that throw their money at me when I have my hand out piss me off the most. You're not at the strip club, you don't have to make it rain on my register, and I'm not your whore.

There's one old lady so averse to touching anything, she'll put each individual bill and coin on the register belt while everyone else watches. I put her change down right in front of her so I can watch her try to pick up a dime with no fingernails gently caress you put the money in my hand.

There's another lady, I don't know if it was a fire or what, but her skin looks like she dove into a vat of bleach and then headbutted a belt sander. She makes me think of Pigpen but instead of dirt clouds it's skin flakes :barf:

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I wouldn't be so annoyed at that because I was distracted with whatever else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I am a terrible person, and I'm sure she's self conscious about it, but skin flakes are gross.

• Locked thread