Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I worked at blockbuster for awhile and the most notable thing that happened was some crackhead grabbing an armload of DVDs and bolting out the front door after I asked for his lovely backpack (that was obviously going to be used for the theft lol)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

bamhand posted:

Don't rental places keep the actual discs behind the counter? Was he just stealing empty boxes?

No we had them all in the cases, they were locked but it only took three seconds with a razor to cut one open.

After I deaded that job I found out the frat bro manager got shitcanned for showing up to an inventory night drunk

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

new phone who dis posted:

Like that should disaqualify anyone.

He also tried to scam this contest corporate was running to see which store could sell the most gift cards by instructing us to take everyone's money for a purchase, convert it to gift card format and then ring up their purchases lmao

We had like twenty grand in sales which of course was pointless because the whole point was to get people to buy gift cards IN ADDITION TO the other stuff

haljordan fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jun 13, 2017

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

ArbitraryC posted:

So for all the stories about people scamming the stores is there any like longterm gameplan for it or is it just that so few people are willing to make total asses of themselves to score 50 bucks from an exhausted manager that it's not worth actually policing?

I feel like rewarding the people who throw tantrums so they can break the rules is only gonna make the problem more common but maybe it doesn't work out that way?

Whatever gets them out the fuckin door. That's why I'm always amazed when people actually try to confront shoplifters and get freakin killed.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

ArbitraryC posted:

yeah but then what's stopping them from just doing it again tomorrow and the day after, or telling their friends that they too can get free money if they act like children.

Nothing really but hopefully they come in on a different shift next time

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

They're probably way more focused on employee theft, I'm sure Walmart knows down to a penny how much they lose from shoplifting/customer scams

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I.C. posted:

When I go to this one thrift store, it has signs that say something like "If you steal from here, you steal from the Lord."

Jokes on them, the Lord owes me $10 anyways!

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Marv Hushman posted:

Wal-Mart customer service line on a Monday morning = the TV, barbecue, appliance, clothes, tool, landscaping equipment, car battery and outdoor furniture free rental return line.

One of the local DAs had an unofficial policy where they didn't even bother prosecuting people who shoplifted from one of the Wal-Mart's (unless any kind of violence was involved). They had to change it though because the paper blew up his spot. Eat a dick, Times Union!

haljordan fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jun 14, 2017

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Isaac posted:

8am - Old greek lady

I see on the tee vee this you sprinkle on the floor. Where I can find?

10am - Old greek man

My a wife she see on the tee vee you sprinkle on the floor. Where I can find?

1pm - Younger guy

My auntie says she saw this stuff advertised on tv, you sprinkle it on the carpet

Why so many Greeks

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I mean if I had terrible explosive diarrhea I wouldn't want to mess up MY bathroom sooo sorry wage slaves

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Does everyone working in retail itt bust out the ol' "Sorry, you/we can't do that because of insurance purposes" lie?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Does it still count as shoplifting if you just say "oh I forgot I had this!!" as the alarm goes off

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Arven posted:

Had one of those thank you Jesus I'm not in retail anymore moments last night- some guy at Aldis held up the register for 10 minutes trying to return moldy bananas. "I only bought them last Tuesday!". Eventually they just pulled out 75 cents from the register and handed it to him.

Had I been in line behind him I would've just thrown a handful of change at him and told him to hit the fuckin bricks

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

That's kinda like how you are forbidden from pumping your own gas in NJ (which, admittedly, is nice when it's cold as balls outside)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Choco1980 posted:

I've never really thought about it before, but does forced full service mean the prices for gas are higher in NJ? I live in Michigan, and have probably NEVER seen a full service station.

No it's almost always 20-30 cents cheaper per gallon than in NY (even for regular). Sometimes even more.

• Locked thread