Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Playing the demo of this; is there any way to tell the game to isolate my sucker-thing to one type? Like, I'm finding it a bit ponderous to hoover up the slime poop to sell when my vacuum sucks up the poop, slimes, and any food that happens to be there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
A thing that I've heard suggested that works for me is simply to dump a bunch of free-range Phosphor Slimes into the Grotto, and setting up a bunch of Cubefruit (their favorite food) gardens. I'm tempted to do largos in there, but the same person who recommended this strategy said that the Grotto is a bit glitchy for them.

My other 'main slimes' at the moment (I don't have much unlocked) are Pink Tabbys, Phosphor Rocks, Rad Crystal, and Honey Booms.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Sivek posted:

That's what I did. Combined Tabby/Phosphor slimes with four cube trees and there's like 100+plorts there whenever I check it. I'm kind of suprised I haven't crashed the game cause there are a ton of slimes there, even more than the gif suggests.

a more zoomed out look

Have you had any of the supposed Largo glitching I discussed?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Man, I'd kill for more finesse with the auto-feeder. I've generally got 4-5 largos in a pen, and no matter which setting I have the thing set at, I see a lot of food on the floors of every corral.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Unrelated to the below but rather important: :siren: Monomi pushed an update two hours ago that made me lose ~5 days after regularly falling through the ranch's floor :siren:. Not sure if I'm the only one, and it resolved itself with a quit-and-restart, but be careful.

I found this tweet about Slime Largo names, and it got me wondering: do you have any specific names for certain Largos?

Since the image is a bit small and hard to read, here's the filled-in ones in text:

Pink Boom is a Pepto Abysmal
Pink Dervish is a Pepto Planet
Pink Rock is a Jelly Roll
Pink Honey is a Coffin Candy
Pink Tabby is a Hello Kitty
Pink Phosphor is a Night Light
Honey Tangle is an Agave
Honey Mosaic is an Amber
Honey Tabby is a Calico
Honey Rock is a Rock Candy
Honey Dervish is a Taffy
Boom Tangle is a Fire Flower
Boom Phosphor is a Fire Fly
Boom Honey is a Fool's Gold
Boom Tabby is a Hell Cat
Boom Rock is a Pop Rock
Quantum Mosaic is a Hologram
Quantum Tangle is a Marigold
Quantum Dervish is a Planet X
Quantum Tabby is a Schrodinger's Cat
Phosphor Mosaic is a Disco Ball
Phosphor Tangle is a Piccolo
Phosphor Tabby is a Thunder Cat
Phosphor Rock is a Glowstone
Phosphor Honey is a Honey Bee
Rad Dervish is a Kyrpton
Rock Tabby is a Dust Bunny
Tabby Dervish is a Cattelite
Tabby Mosaic is a Nyan Cat
Hunter Dervish is a Caturn
Hunter Mosaic is a Predator
Tangle Mosaic is a Glass Rose
Dervish Mosaic is a Celestial
Crystal Mosaic is a Diamond

Edited to satify my OCD more than I could in Excel proper

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Aug 9, 2017

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Never mind, answered my own question. Now that I've got everything sussed out, might as well mention that (after a madness-inducing amount of using excel to shift things around in my head to a way I'd like), I finally settled on my slime breakdown, now that I've got every type somewhere on the ranch and I only had to decide on which hybrids look the nicest:

Lab:
- Pink

Docks:
- Water
- Fire

Grotto:
- Honey Bees (Phosphor / Honey), freerange

Overgrowth:
- Bublacat (Tangle/Hunter), freerange

Main Ranch:
- Uraniums (Rad/Rock)
- Schrodinger's Cat (Quantum / Tabby)
- Crystalline Entity (Crystal/Mosaic)
- Unstable Planet (Boom/Dervish)

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Aug 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Tenebrais posted:

The Wilds are interesting. You can only get to them by teleporter, which takes you to one of several entrances at random. They won't take you back either - you have to find a home teleporter. That combined with a lack of gadget spaces makes every visit to the Wilds an expedition annoyance.

Fixed. Also, whichever home teleporter is active is random, and they couldn't be bothered to draw a map for the zone. I don't see myself coming back there, since there's nothing worth the effort.

• Locked thread