Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the points differential going to be tonight
This poll is closed.
1-4 4 13.79%
5-8 4 13.79%
9-16 14 48.28%
17+ 7 24.14%
Total: 29 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Spurs-Rockets game 5 and Spurs-Grizzlies game 4 were the two best games of the playoffs so congrats fellow Spurs fans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

kevin durant sits down to piss no question

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

E2M2 posted:

Can't wait for you guys to be like this when PG goes to the Cavs

Paul George is gonna have to take the league minimum or they're gonna have to trade Love for that to happen so it's not gonna be the same thing.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ghost Dog posted:

do you think thats comparable cause it still isnt

He really does. It's adorable. :allears:

(That would suck and I wouldn't like it.)

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
i think next year could be even worse.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Cavs got owned in every game they wore those lucky black jerseys

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Latinx posted:

kevin durant sits down to piss no question

feels good man

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

E2M2 posted:

Can't wait for you guys to be like this when PG goes to the Cavs

I don't think Cavs fans will be bird brains with a persecution complex though so it probably won't be a problem.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Mystic Stylez posted:

as.a finals poster my hot take is that Kevin Durant is good, at the game of basketball

God bless

u f;ckin bitch

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Ghost Dog posted:

u f;ckin bitch

lol

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
gently caress

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
This should give Steve Nash a ring

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

remember when the warriors lost a game and the golden state support went apoplectic about the nba being fixed? i do

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Bashez posted:

I don't think Cavs fans will be bird brains with a persecution complex though so it probably won't be a problem.

Yeah.

Come on E2M2, your team won the title who gives a gently caress what all of these people think???

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

"It's a win for the league"

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

glad I got the gently caress away from the Bay Area when I did.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
lol at you salty motherfuckers still hanging out in this thread desperately trying to establish narratives in your sas circle jerk

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

illcendiary posted:

Spurs-Rockets game 5 and Spurs-Grizzlies game 4 were the two best games of the playoffs so congrats fellow Spurs fans

spurs are a cool team

they're also the only ones who can maybe stop this iteration of the warriors

with or without chris paul (probably and personally hopefully without him) they're going to be out for blood next season

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

illcendiary posted:

:hfive:

also manu got to steal the warriors' thunder when they swept the west

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Brolander posted:

gently caress

KEVIN DURAAAAAAAAANT

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

illcendiary posted:

it was a weird inverted playoffs. good first round.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

rjmccall posted:

lol at you salty motherfuckers still hanging out in this thread desperately trying to establish narratives in your sas circle jerk

nba has next to no parity but ratings keep going up

eh, no one loving cares. it is what it is

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

how about some anger, toward the sport. argh!

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

rjmccall posted:

yeah how dare we talk about things on an internet forum

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Ian Sjumpert

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe

rjmccall posted:

Maybe you could post instead of just pretending to be the cool troll? Lol... u suck

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world
look it's me, a well adjusted human being. im real fuckin angry at keveen doorant for not having honour and no shame

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Rasta_Al posted:

Klay is probably the only Warrior that I actually like. It hurts to say

Agreed

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rjmccall posted:

Is it really just a narrative when it is directly responsible for making the entire playoffs suck poo poo though?

Kirios posted:

nba has next to no parity but ratings keep going up

eh, no one loving cares. it is what it is

I honestly think it'll have diminishing returns if this level of dominance continues and I'm not joking. There need to be contenders, end of story. As it stands now there are none except MAYBE a healthy Spurs.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Rick posted:

Yeah.

Come on E2M2, your team won the title who gives a gently caress what all of these people think???

Still not used to the winning thing

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

E2M2 posted:

is it possible to tear your eyerolling muscles

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Is it really just a narrative when it is directly responsible for making the entire playoffs suck poo poo though?

I honestly think it'll have diminishing returns if this level of dominance continues and I'm not joking. There need to be contenders, end of story. As it stands now there are none except MAYBE a healthy Spurs.

foochs, would you accept ten years of warriors titles to get one well booked Dean Ambrose title run?

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

NBA survived Bulls winning 6 of 8, I think they can deal with four straight Warriors titles or whatever. I'm not gonna handwring like it's going to be bad for business, the impending collapse of TV deal money in the near future however will be pretty bad and that has nothing to do with stars colluding

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

E2M2 posted:

:thunk: hm yes 254 wins in three seasons, surely you can't be used to it by now

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

RaySmuckles posted:

hey, tim duncan put up one of the if not the greatest playoffs/finals performances of all time in 2003.

also had arguably the only quadruple double in finals history during the close out game 6 putting up an official line of 21/20/12/8 (two potential blocks left off the scorecard)

that was more interesting than this years finals, for sure

I mean part of the reason he got a quadruple double was because the Nets were only slightly better than the current team is and it was the NBA finals.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mormon Juggernaut posted:

foochs, would you accept ten years of warriors titles to get one well booked Dean Ambrose title run?

*sucks air in hard through teeth*

Gonna need more specifics on this. If I got to book it from the ground up, possibly.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Rick posted:

I mean part of the reason he got a quadruple double was because the Nets were only slightly better than the current team is and it was the NBA finals.

duncan's team was worse.

anyway, not worth arguing. just saying that duncan putting up literally the greatest playoff run in history was more interesting than this finals

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

*sucks air in hard through teeth*

Gonna need more specifics on this. If I got to book it from the ground up, possibly.

*monkey paw closes* ambrose holds the divas title for 1000 consecutive days.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

this is how you fan, you turn the end of the last gdt of the season into a conversation about your teams 14 year old title. checkmate, warriors fans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Can't believe Duncan put up 5.9 WS in a single playoffs lmao

• Locked thread