Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the points differential going to be tonight
This poll is closed.
1-4 4 13.79%
5-8 4 13.79%
9-16 14 48.28%
17+ 7 24.14%
Total: 29 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

illcendiary posted:

NBA survived Bulls winning 6 of 8, I think they can deal with four straight Warriors titles or whatever. I'm not gonna handwring like it's going to be bad for business, the impending collapse of TV deal money in the near future however will be pretty bad and that has nothing to do with stars colluding

I wasn't watching back then so this is an honest question but were the Bulls as comically dominant as this Warriors team? I'm not just talking W-L, I'm gonna need a deeper dive, like point differentials. number of playoff sweeps, how good the Finals were, etc. Because this entire playoffs and the Finals basically sucked poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mormon Juggernaut posted:

*monkey paw closes* ambrose holds the divas title for 1000 consecutive days.

YOU MOTHERFUCKER

Also I never claimed to be well-adjusted, so :smug:

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

look it's me, a well adjusted human being. im real fuckin angry at keveen doorant for not having honour and no shame

Same.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Ghost Dog posted:

this is how you fan, you turn the end of the last gdt of the season into a conversation about your teams 14 year old title. checkmate, warriors fans

what can i say, i love my team

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Ghost Dog posted:

this is how you fan, you turn the end of the last gdt of the season into a conversation about your teams 14 year old title. checkmate, warriors fans

If I was Chris Paul I'd get an assist on this.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The Bulls absolutely rolled over teams the first two rounds like the Cavs and Warriors roll over teams now, although the ECF was usually a bit closer.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Ghost Dog posted:

u f;ckin bitch

:hfive:

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I wasn't watching back then so this is an honest question but were the Bulls as comically dominant as this Warriors team? I'm not just talking W-L, I'm gonna need a deeper dive, like point differentials. number of playoff sweeps, how good the Finals were, etc. Because this entire playoffs and the Finals basically sucked poo poo.

Their '96 and '97 teams, both in terms of regular season and postseason play, are mostly on par with this three-year Warriors stretch. The '97 Finals was a pretty close call for the Bulls. and the '98 team almost got pushed to seven games before Jordan's last-minute heroics. I wouldn't say they ever reached the heights that these Warriors have in the playoffs. But poo poo man, 6 titles in 8 years is insane no matter how you get there.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The Bulls had Michael "is God's disguise" Jordan on their team, so once they hit the Finals it was just a matter of if, not when, the Bulls won the championship.

illcendiary posted:

Their '96 and '97 teams, both in terms of regular season and postseason play, are mostly on par with this three-year Warriors stretch. The '97 Finals was a pretty close call for the Bulls. and the '98 team almost got pushed to seven games before Jordan's last-minute heroics. I wouldn't say they ever reached the heights that these Warriors have in the playoffs. But poo poo man, 6 titles in 8 years is insane no matter how you get there.
Yeah, but it's heavily different eras so it's hard to compare them. Defense has kinda gone by the wayside in the Run'n'Gun Era and you'd never see the physicality that Rodman and Malone got away with.

Canned Sunshine fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jun 13, 2017

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

How embarassing to get hosed by Kevin Durant

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

gently caress KD

hahahaha

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Ghost Dog posted:

ive done some soul searching and ive decided that not only is kyrie injured, lebron is concussed from the uncalled KD flagrant and its pretty upsetting imo

i have the most posts in this thread. #alternativefacts

This win making you contemplate answers makes me more happier

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Latinx posted:

west finally got a ring haha

While Ghost Dog still complains hahah this is the best timeline

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Rabid Snake posted:

This win making you contemplate answers makes me more happier

wooosh

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/874488760632827904

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

RaySmuckles posted:

duncan's team was worse.

anyway, not worth arguing. just saying that duncan putting up literally the greatest playoff run in history was more interesting than this finals

Those were some impressive numbers but it wasn't any impressive to watch live, he only got that many blocks because Kmart decided to run with his head down towards the basket every possession, and they had no reason to drop games to an over the hill Mutombo in the first place.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
e2m2 is the only good warriors fan, the rest of you can suck my sticky sweaty dick

im sad i didnt get to watch this past the first half, but i wont say i didnt expect this outcome. that team is better coached and ridiculously talented.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

rjmccall posted:

lol at you salty motherfuckers still hanging out in this thread desperately trying to establish narratives in your sas circle jerk

um we post about basketball every day of the year

kevin durant's move unbalanced the league and deprived us of a ton of post-season basketball games which is extremely annoying for folks like us who will be watching single-camera shots of half-full gyms during the summer trying to figure out which guy is good enough to be the 10th man on a squad that most likely doesn't make the playoffs

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

*monkey paw closes* ambrose holds the divas title for 1000 consecutive days.

they finally changed it to Women's Division because sheesh but Total Divas is still a show I think

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Brolander posted:

e2m2 is the only good warriors fan, the rest of you can suck my sticky sweaty dick

im sad i didnt get to watch this past the first half, but i wont say i didnt expect this outcome. that team is better coached and ridiculously talented.

drat you gonna do me like that?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Brolander posted:

rude.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Brolander posted:

Watch it.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
gently caress yes, I am so happy they could take care of business last night! I have to admit that the 14/15 win felt more special (no pressure around record seasons, defending your title, being a "superteam", perfect playoff run, etc etc) but I'll take 2 out of 3 against LeBron James any day. As much as I'll miss basketball, the stress of the finals was getting to me so I'm happy I can move on until next year.

- Curry quietly having an amazing finals feels so funny. I'm happy he performed at the level he should this year. Should shut up at least some of the haters.
- If there was ever an argument for a losing teams player to get the MVP award, James was insane this series and has nothing to be ashamed of.
- I know Durant clearly deserved MVP, but we got some vintage Iguodala in game 5 and I loving loved it. Pay that man.
- I wasn't the biggest Durant fan going into this year and didn't like his move to GS at first, but he was so loving good in the post season and especially the finals.
- Anyone that says the Warriors are boring is a bitch-made hater and doesn't love watching basketball being played to near perfection
- Seriously, they play fast paced ball with guys that can bury you in 3s, make amazingly beautiful passes, and can drive to the lane with the best of them...just because the win feels "inevitable" doesn't mean they aren't fun to watch when they get going.
- gently caress Zaza, he's so loving clumsy and slow, feels so out of place in the line up and I'd be happy if he moved on.
- Did Curry finish leading the Warriors on rebounds? Because that stat after game 4 was hilarious to me.
- Steve Kerr is a national treasure.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Please bring back Shaun Livingston. I love that guy so much. He's been so key off the bench. The turn around jumper.... mmmmmm so smooth

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
"2 out of 3 against LeBron James isn't bad even though we needed everyone else to be injured and/or Kevin Durant to do it" - Things Warriors Fans Actually Believe

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Ouhei posted:

- gently caress Zaza, he's so loving clumsy and slow, feels so out of place in the line up and I'd be happy if he moved on.

wouldn't have gone into the finals with a perfect record and wouldn't have won the title without him

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer

Ouhei posted:

gently caress yes, I am so happy they could take care of business last night! I have to admit that the 14/15 win felt more special (no pressure around record seasons, defending your title, being a "superteam", perfect playoff run, etc etc) but I'll take 2 out of 3 against LeBron James any day. As much as I'll miss basketball, the stress of the finals was getting to me so I'm happy I can move on until next year.

- Curry quietly having an amazing finals feels so funny. I'm happy he performed at the level he should this year. Should shut up at least some of the haters.
- If there was ever an argument for a losing teams player to get the MVP award, James was insane this series and has nothing to be ashamed of.
- I know Durant clearly deserved MVP, but we got some vintage Iguodala in game 5 and I loving loved it. Pay that man.
- I wasn't the biggest Durant fan going into this year and didn't like his move to GS at first, but he was so loving good in the post season and especially the finals.
- Anyone that says the Warriors are boring is a bitch-made hater and doesn't love watching basketball being played to near perfection
- Seriously, they play fast paced ball with guys that can bury you in 3s, make amazingly beautiful passes, and can drive to the lane with the best of them...just because the win feels "inevitable" doesn't mean they aren't fun to watch when they get going.
- Did Curry finish leading the Warriors on rebounds? Because that stat after game 4 was hilarious to me.
- Steve Kerr is a national treasure.

Horrible Warriors Fan checking in. I endorse all of this.

Lol all this whining about parity, when it's Lebron + 2 allstars who are going to be in the finals for like a decade straight.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Brolander posted:

oh dear

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

BetterLekNextTime posted:

Horrible Warriors Fan checking in. I endorse all of this.

Lol all this whining about parity, when it's Lebron + 2 allstars who are going to be in the finals for like a decade straight.

People would be okay if it was someone other than Lebron + 2 allstars in the finals, hope this helps you understand.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

BlueBayou posted:

Please bring back Shaun Livingston. I love that guy so much. He's been so key off the bench. The turn around jumper.... mmmmmm so smooth

Livingston is perhaps my fav Warrior, he's so loving reliable, he looks so weird and spooky, I love SHaun

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Ouhei posted:

- I wasn't the biggest Durant fan going into this year and didn't like his move to GS at first
:rolleyes:

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

TBeats posted:

People would be okay if it was someone other than Lebron + 2 allstars in the finals, hope this helps you understand.

I thought I understood until your example. People would also be okay if it was someone other than the NWO Warriors too, no?

While I think this is bad for the league on the whole, I don't feel bad for Cleveland or Lebron. He pushed the trend into this arms race of players colluding for titles, and it's reached its logical peak. We just need Westbrook, Harden, and other top stars to spitefully sign with another pre-made juggernaut before this all goes to poo poo.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

iamsosmrt posted:

I thought I understood until your example. People would also be okay if it was someone other than the NWO Warriors too, no?

While I think this is bad for the league on the whole, I don't feel bad for Cleveland or Lebron. He pushed the trend into this arms race of players colluding for titles, and it's reached its logical peak. We just need Westbrook, Harden, and other top stars to spitefully sign with another pre-made juggernaut before this all goes to poo poo.

People would be okay if it was different teams every year in the finals (other than my team of course but lol Magic). So saying "people talk about parity like Lebron James hasn't blah blah" is irrelevant because people would be okay if that wasn't the case as well.

It would be awesome to see the Bucks and Timberwolves in the finals.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

iamsosmrt posted:

lebron didnt sign with a pre made juggernaut. he created one himself. the warriors had 26 more wins and an SRS 5 times higher than the team lebron joined. they arent comparable

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
He's saying LeBron brought this demon upon himself by his actions vis-a-vis 'Miami Heat'

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Ammanas posted:

He's saying LeBron brought this demon upon himself by his actions vis-a-vis 'Miami Heat'

yes and i am saying they arent remotely comparable as things despite everyone trying over and over and over again to compare insanely different choices and teams

the wins and srs are the difference between the 2016 warriors and the 2010 heat. the 2010 heat were a first round playoff exit team. the warriors were um....not

Ghost Dog fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jun 13, 2017

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer

Ghost Dog posted:

lebron didnt sign with a pre made juggernaut. he created one himself. the warriors had 26 more wins and an SRS 5 times higher than the team lebron joined. they arent comparable

What's not comparable is that the Cavs could take a poo poo in the regular season and it doesn't even matter. Golden State had a 67 win spurs team breathing down their neck.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

BetterLekNextTime posted:

What's not comparable is that the Cavs could take a poo poo in the regular season and it doesn't even matter. Golden State had a 67 win spurs team breathing down their neck.

i think its prettttttyyyy hard to make the Our Competition Is Harder argument when the main offseason move gutted your biggest competitor. its certainly not an argument in good faith

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

BlueBayou posted:

Shaun's not coming back. He's getting a big paycheck somewhere else that the Warriors can't match. This will be his first big payday, and and he deserves it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

TBeats posted:

People would be okay if it was different teams every year in the finals (other than my team of course but lol Magic). So saying "people talk about parity like Lebron James hasn't blah blah" is irrelevant because people would be okay if that wasn't the case as well.

It would be awesome to see the Bucks and Timberwolves in the finals.

I agree that it would be awesome to see the Bucks.

• Locked thread