Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the points differential going to be tonight
This poll is closed.
1-4 4 13.79%
5-8 4 13.79%
9-16 14 48.28%
17+ 7 24.14%
Total: 29 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I wasn't watching back then so this is an honest question but were the Bulls as comically dominant as this Warriors team? I'm not just talking W-L, I'm gonna need a deeper dive, like point differentials. number of playoff sweeps, how good the Finals were, etc. Because this entire playoffs and the Finals basically sucked poo poo.
The Bulls had Michael "is God's disguise" Jordan on their team, so once they hit the Finals it was just a matter of if, not when, the Bulls won the championship.

illcendiary posted:

Their '96 and '97 teams, both in terms of regular season and postseason play, are mostly on par with this three-year Warriors stretch. The '97 Finals was a pretty close call for the Bulls. and the '98 team almost got pushed to seven games before Jordan's last-minute heroics. I wouldn't say they ever reached the heights that these Warriors have in the playoffs. But poo poo man, 6 titles in 8 years is insane no matter how you get there.
Yeah, but it's heavily different eras so it's hard to compare them. Defense has kinda gone by the wayside in the Run'n'Gun Era and you'd never see the physicality that Rodman and Malone got away with.

Canned Sunshine fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jun 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread