Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Snowman_McK posted:

At the small cost of the legitimacy of the lightweight division and actual lightweight title fights.

Those two things are of immense benefit to Conor. I'm asking about the benefit to the sport. Because PPV buys outside of him and Ronda are down and the title picture in half the divisions is either hosed or dire.

He knows his actual value and tries to get paid that much. He's valuable to the sport as kind of an anti-union. The union will raise the minimum and average wages, Conor will try and set it up so the true superstars are rewarded for their ability to shift business.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I know approximately gently caress all about legit punchsports but Conor doesn't REALLY think he has a chance, does he? Does anyone think that?

With each passing year, Floyd becomes more beatable. Conor won't beat him, however.

Jerusalem posted:

Conor's chief strategy will be to make as much money as possible.

I mean, I suppose there's a chance Floyd might be struck by lightning 0.1 seconds into the first round and give Conor the TKO, but I don't think he's particularly concerned about winning the fight, just all the money it's would make him.

He's from Ireland, all about that green.

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Is Conor ever going to defend his UFC titles

I believe he's trying to get paid what he's worth, and UFC wants to instead pay him a measly $4-6 million. Until they properly agree, unlikely to see defences. This stunt will make Conor loads of money and provide serious negotiating power to the UFC - he doesn't need them, they need him.

Looten Plunder posted:

Not only does he seem to have a massive speed disadvantage, he also appears to have no defence apart from a couple of smartass head bobs.

Eh, I wouldn't look at this too seriously. They're just playing with distance and angles more than trying to punch each other, even looks like Conor is allowing the slow punches towards him to see what it will look like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread