Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geCXKT0hhdI

McGregor getting beaten to every punch by a 20-30 ranked welterweight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Pacquiao spotted a technical flaw in Ricky Hatton and sent him to the hospital in 2 rounds. What he'd do to Conor doesn't bear thinking about.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

...and the pitch! posted:

Conor is no Ricky Hatton.

In the ring, he's not even a Chris Van Heerden

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
No barefoot white guys with tribal tats rolling on the ground? Not interested.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Here's my analysis: I expect Floyd Mayweather to beat up the guy who couldn't hack it on the Irish amateur circuit

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
A Bowe v Golota-esque race riot would be the only thing to make it worth buying the PPV

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Paulie's getting his cut of the Conor hype train I see, can't knock a hustler.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

CommonShore posted:

Lomachenko should fight 6x per year and just chew through underprepared and overmatched challengers to give us a ridiculous highlight reel. "You are mandatory challenger for WBC? I want fight two months. Oh, you want six to train? I will book two more fight before, in Japan and in Ukraine. Is ok."

Hey it worked for Roy Jones Jr

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Bit embarrassing for Conor he could only drop a retired commentator once (illegally) in 24 rounds tbh

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
True boxing patricians are tuning in for Badou Jack - Nathan Cleverley

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
You probably know some white people though.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

Captain Log posted:

Does Floyd "The Most Hateable Athlete on Earth" have any fans? At all? He seems to be a pretty repugnant dude.

Conor McGregor for one

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
It's cheap promotion and a lot of that money will be going back to them anyway

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

Snowman_McK posted:

What was the heavyweight boxing match recently where the guy kept getting up from the bell at the last conceivable second in the clear hope that ref would stop it and he could protest it? The ref never did though, and he had to keep fighting a fridge sized man. It was just the other day, but everyone's name escapes me. Anyway, I can imagine that happening here. Or something like that. Something that lets him bow out but save face.

I feel there's a good chance of either this happening, or the corner throwing in the towel early and Conor pretends to get mad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

Ty1990 posted:

This fight is an excuse to get with friends, get really drunk, and watch a weird rear end sporting event that may never be replicated again in our lifetimes. There is nothing embarrassing about it.

Underwhelming mismatches in boxing happen all the time though

• Locked thread