Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Cabbit posted:

So, like, is McGregor allowed to like takedown and punch the poo poo out of Floyd from a mount or whatever? I'm not a boxing or MMA guy but I would think taking a MMA guy and making him only box would be a serious disadvantage in most cases, and vice-versa for a boxer but moreso.

McGregor needs Floyd lightyears more than Floyd needs McGregor, so the fight could only possibly happen under Floyd's terms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Keven will be proven right when Byrd awards McGregor the KO.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Conor using Mayweather tactics against him is extremely funny.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Insulting people who beat women using whatever language you feel like is cool.

Demanding you show some level of respect that is not disrespect to people who beat women is very stupid, and probably makes you the worst kind of person (a Travis Browne fan).

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Saying that calling someone a term for a child is racist when used towards members of a specific race (but not others then it's okay) is racist.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I think so but it's also boxing we're talking about. Racial conflict is bound up in it to a greater extent than other sports.

Serious.

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of Floyd's biggest fights have racial conflict. It's a great money strategy that worked for him for years, which is one reason why it's hilarious to see it used against him.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

...and the pitch! posted:

Maybe when black people own Irish slaves in the US for a few hundred years we can call it even but until then Conor would have to be a complete idiot to not understand the racial implications of using the word boy.

The people who started the slave trade in the US decided that enslaving blacks was bad, then decades later decided genocide of the Irish was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

This but Big John McCarthy instead of the mountain.

No one, no matter their terrible deeds in life, deserves the ire of John McCarthy.

• Locked thread