Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Oh don't get me wrong, I know Conor's motivation and more power to him, I just...see no intrigue in the fight whatsoever.

From the perspective of actual sport and competition there's absolutely none; when you think of it more as the combat sports equivalent of King Kong vs Godzilla, that's where the intrigue is. It doesn't matter that the fight doesn't make any goddamn sense, people are just jazzed by the idea of two megastars fighting.

That said, all my not-that-into-boxing friends were certain Pacquiao would beat Mayweather so it's not like you can't absolutely get people to believe McGregor would magically kill him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Snowman_McK posted:

A reminder that traditionally, Godzilla is a couple hundred feet tall, while King Kong is 25. I guess it is a pretty apt metaphor.

The aforementioned movie consists of Godzilla repeatedly going 'who is this rear end in a top hat?' and easily kicking his rear end with nuclear breath until Kong is randomly struck by lightning and turned into a supermonster, which is probably also Conor's primary path to victory.

• Locked thread