Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Noctone posted:

I don't remember who it was against but that fight where old man Ali was just chillin out in the corner holding onto the ropes and the other dude couldn't even lay a hand on him remains one of the funniest and most amazing things I've ever seen.

That was an exhibition match but I like to pretend they were going for realsies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Snowman_McK posted:

Remember that noted power puncher Nate Diaz turned him into a desperate wrestler.

Is there an equivalent in boxing to 'failure to stand from butt scoot?' I remember somebody getting DQ'd against Tyson because they would not stop clinching him. Then again, the alternative was getting punched by Mike Tyson.

Tyson's punching power was severely overrated.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I don't have the patience to wait for that to pay off. Puppetmaster Grem out!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I like Mike Tyson's Mysteries.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

If Floyd had half the personality that Conor had boxing would still be popular.

lol not really.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Well, if one thing comes out of this, it's that I'll never, ever get Floyd's annoying "Yeaaahh" out of my head.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

...and the pitch! posted:

No. Why are you coming after me instead of people who excuse racism?

Because it happened, what, two days ago, and literally no one except some dudes on the internet care anymore. If it was in a different context it may have meant more to the societal structure of these United States but it happened during a freak show circus act and most people can see it for what it is, not some underlying narrative about the racial tensions of native Irishmen and blacks.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

...and the pitch! posted:

So it's OK to be racist if you make a circus out of it? Nope.

edit: I wish I was smart enough to understand when it is OK to say racist things. Apparently it's all the time because of a bevy of excuses.

Here's when it's ok to say racist things: Never. But you're not going to bring the systematic racism structure of America down by making a big deal about a circus act that is going to be washed over by a thousand more sensationalist terms, like, you know, the black guy calling the white guy a human being. This is not worth your time.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I was answering your question. What is this "Heh well YOU answered my question so obviously YOU'RE the one with the problem" poo poo?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

david carmichael posted:

Who is everyone's favourite toronto maple leaf

Tie Domi.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Dan Didio posted:

Why did Floyd yell 'Form Voltron' and what did that achieve.

Surprised no one answered seriously about this super serious subject. When he said it his body guards surrounded McGregor and sexually assaulted him.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I mean, let's be honest and real in this thread for a second, some real talk. We're all hoping that Conor pulls out with an undisclosed injury on August 25th, right?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Can you loving believe this is happening?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Conor will win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

God drat McGregor has a tremendous wang.

• Locked thread